Dartmoor Garden Show

Ah you’re so right! I hadn’t thought about that before :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I can totally imagine 47 getting home after a job and relaxing by taking care of his plants like that.

And thank you!!

1 Like

If it is like the escalation concept of randomising targets then why didn’t they use the concept they did for the Elusive target in Hokkaido Ji-hu where he was based on three NPCs and you had to identify him and then have the mission on top to make it a full pledged mission then they wouldn’t have to use the escalation idea at all

The only thing I hope for is at least the last level is like a normal mission (bonus mission) and you can play it without any restrictions and do it however you please

3 Likes

Sad to see it will be yet another escalation, but I hope at least that having Contracts Mode and random targets means that they’ll be breaking away from their current linear escalation design a little. AFAIK, none of the H3 escalations so far (except for The Lesley Celebration somewhat) let you fully choose your own suit, gear, starting location, or smuggle points in any of their 3 stages, something that got stale really fast since it really restricts the replayability and makes them all feel too railroaded for my liking.

I’m hoping that this will change for this new event and that we’ll finally see more open-ended escalation gameplay instead, like in the H2 escalations. Those were always so fun to play.

13 Likes

I love the casual suit.

3 Likes

First off, impressive preview pictures. I’m excited to explore the new level and see how they manage to make and place 4 distinct gardens.

If the Berlin Egg Hunt is of any indication, I’m sure there’ll be some new dialogue and NPCs in this, for sure.

The added bonus of Contracts Mode is especially noteworthy, since it means the level has enough varied NPC placement, possible routes and ways to eliminate targets, worthy of including in Contracts Mode.
Hopefully they can do that for some other bonus levels from the past. Also, just add more to Contracts Mode in general.

Hopefully making this didn’t eat into their post-launch budget too much. If they can make another bonus level, for free (maybe) again later down the line… That’d definitely be something great to wait for.
Impressive content, IOI. I can’t wait.

4 Likes

I love this new concept for a permanent event. The garden pictures look absolutely stunning! The suit is also really nice, but I think it could look better with an all black polo shirt instead of the Bangkok-style shirt. I can’t wait to see what this has in store for us!

That is a genuine concern. I do have an idea to pitch though; Use this escalation/ contracts mode and poll who would make the best targets for a bonus episode style version of this mission.

4 Likes

If there’s one thing I know about contracts mode, it’s that everyone’s gonna be making contracts covering every new NPC regardless of a poll :stuck_out_tongue:

But if I’m having a guess the map will be based around probably 4 characters, one of which will always be a target; they’ll be the only ones who have a possible ‘bonus mission’ feel to them based on pathing and opportunities, everyone else will be NPCs with tiny or no routes etc, no opportunities beyond them walking past a gas lamp etc

6 Likes

Great one the one hand, so I’m overall glad and positive. Still the only thing that annoys me, it has already been said: Still no saving. Which sucked in Christmas Hoarders, which sucked in the Easter Event, which sucks in escalations. No saving is always the difference between (I play this level to death" and “I’ll play it once in a boring way but won’t experiment” :confused:

How hard would it be to make one target and maybe 10 or 20 challenges? I mean obviously it is way easier not to do that, but how much time would it cost to make 10 small triggers for “kill with electricity”, “pick up a certain item” or “use a specific interaction”? That would be all it takes, even if the target would be rather boring or did not get so many new tweaks and tricks, simply a map with the ability to save and a few small challenges to keep you busy. Can’t be that hard, and everyone here and on reddit would lose their mind in euphoria!

11 Likes

When takes this event place? After or before Alexa’s real death? Or even after the campain?

2 Likes

Apparently I’ve heard you can create Contracts in it which will be cool because that way it gives us a little more flexibility.

Can’t wait to start playing it.

1 Like

Likely alternative reality with slight hint of after the campaign.

9 Likes

My guess is that its before due to the fountain not being there and also Zachary was a massive plant enthusiast in the game before he was killed so maybe it would be cool to see him at the event as a host

8 Likes

Who said this is an escalation? I watched the stream and Clemens referred to it as a “mission” and never mentioned anything about it being an escalation.

Clemens accidentally said Mission.

10 Likes

Another escalation…
Hitman 3 escalations story… with no challanges

Downgrade from hitman 1 and 2

3 Likes

I would assume with these randomized targets we would get challenges related to each of them, and unique assassination challenges also related to them as this is basically a bonus mission

We’re still in a pandemic, and because of this the Hitman 3 post-release team has shrunk a bit, i’m sure we’ll get a lot more content once Covid is over or if the entire team gets vaccinated

6 Likes

this is not confirmed

This is basically the same situation as the Halloween Escalation from H2.

• It’s free.
  • It’s a reworked map.
  • It’s got a suit unlock.

And it’s even better this time because the map itself can be used in Contracts Mode.

16 Likes

It’s free and it looks like there are a lot of changes. So, I’m slightly optimistic. Especially since we got Contract Mode which hopefully means it’s not going to be like the Special Assignments or Holliday Hoarders/Snow Festival with 99% of the NPC being the same ones as in the main mission.

Of course, I’m not sure how much replicability this will offer. Even with randomized targets.

Also it looks like the mansion itself will either be inaccessible or mostly unchanged.

7 Likes

Plus Hitman 2’s other season content with the Snow Festival was few decoration changes and 2 extra NPCs with rather basic routes. Was nice being permanent for the unlocks but was really a one and done thing.

While I get the 7DS isn’t anywhere near as good as Hitman 2 season pass. The free stuff has been pretty decent so far. I would much rather have a quiet month and a new map variation then have streams of escalations or challenge packs with only reskin unlocks of items. Plus the ETs for Hitman 3 have been more consistent than Hitman 2.

4 Likes