Dartmoor Garden Show

I’m pretty sure there was also no Mission Story for it, just wait until he goes here or pacify his bodyguard really.

2 Likes

Yeah, pretty much. That poisoning what I think is some peanuts in the Sakura restaurant.

I hope they can touch-up older seasonal content and make it more like the Berlin Egg Hunt and now the Garden Show. Could lead to more contracts maps.

2 Likes

IMO, Snow Festival, for a free event thing was bare minimum OK, if only because it came with new challenges with new free rewards/items.

It just didn’t have any opportunities or scripted kill moments.
And despite the interesting presentation with a new Briefing… the level felt so empty. There’s some coloured lights in the garden area, a few inside… and that’s it. The target doesn’t have any dialogue, either.

If you compare it to the Christmas event from 2016, well,

That event had lots going for it. With the only major issue being unable to save.
There were unique NPCs that roamed the map, a lot of new props and redecorating of the manor. A few grunts and giggles from the Targets, but them being a whole love letter to Home Alone was enjoyable. There was unique objectives involving collecting a bunch of items, plus there was even a special Exit exclusive to the level. Santa suit is pretty ridiculous, but it had its novelty in a time when basically every other suit was… well… a suit.

Halloween at Hawkes’ Bay was a big step in improvement.

It had a severely re-touched map, had very unique and different objectives for each Escalation level, and played with the normal Hitman mechanics in great ways. (Pacify X, bring body to Y, things like that)

Berlin Egg Hunt is another good step in the right direction.

A lot of new props and NPC outfits. New dialogue. Unique items to play with like the Poison Eggs.
The last bit was really only fun because it’s so isolated from the rest of the game – I wouldn’t want to regularly use Lethal Poison Gas items, it would make things way too trivial.
The reward for this one was fine, though I’m one of the people would would have loved the Bunny Mask included in the suit.

I’ve got a good feeling about Dartmoor Garden Show, depending on how much work has been put into the level – and it sounds like a lot.
The reward being an outfit similar to a previous target is quite cool – especially since it looks very classy and would fit with plenty different locations.

I admit seeing only new Escalations as a major type of free content is getting kinda repetitive, but if they can add in more enticing extras like Contracts Mode or fun rewards to these kinds of things, it’s all cool. I think the issue I had with the first Special Assignments were that they didn’t feel substantial enough and didn’t really have anything interesting going for them.

Anyway! That’s, uh, my ramble on the subject of Bonus Content/Events in HITMAN. :sweat_smile:

21 Likes

More then fair for a ramble. Majority of the seasonal content has been decent with Snow Festival being bare-minimum. Wasn’t it also confirmed that Snow-Festival ended up being an unused ET?. Also didn’t mention the Christmas special as consider Hitman 1 seasonal and still a fun level to play.

Also much agree on the Bunny mask otherwise the suit feels bit bland. Though hoping next year for an unlock or making that map a contracts map as well, would need the scripted events removed but could work.

I’m just tired of Hitman 3’s free post release content being compared to Hitman 2’s all the time when from what I can remember there was some signs that IO was struggling to keep up with free post-release content and the season pass (namely Special Assignments and ETs)

That’s my ramble on that done.

3 Likes

Clemens has since clarified saying it’s an Escalation.

Can you imagine if it was a bonus level like ‘A House Built on Sand’ though? :open_mouth::open_mouth:

Still going to be very cool either way.

7 Likes

The less we talk about the Special Assignments the better.

4 Likes

Even if this is lackluster I just like that we get more places for contract creation.

Looking forward to loving this location for contracts for like 2 weeks and then forgetting about it.

10 Likes

Just based on the Pictures this is going to be great. Even though it is an Escalation, the inclusion of Contracts Mode really did saved that for me and who knows? Maybe I even make a Contract and upload it, something I haven’t done since forever.

I’m of course also hopefully regarding New Models and even though the Pair in upper Picture or atleast definitely the Woman is reused from Mendoza, I’m still mighty peaked to what I find.

6 Likes

I don’t know if it was ever confirmed, but it felt very obvious to me that it was a repurposed ET mission (just like 2’s Special Assignments)

5 Likes

I too am disappointed, but i’m quite certain escalations are all we’ll be getting from now on. We’ll never see new, fleshed out missions other than ETs, even if set in existing locations.

Most of IOI developers are working on other IPs right now, so the money is elsewhere, so to speak…

I’m no expert, but i think Escalations are much more easy and fast to develop and playtest than actual missions, and much less expensive. There are less elements to be taken into consideration when developing an Escalation, especially regarding AI programming and playtesting.

Unfortunately, i fear we’ll never get to see another permanent “bonus mission” (other than maybe discarded ETs) in the current incarnation of Hitman. That’s what i think anyway.

BUT we had 6 years of WoA awesomeness, so i’m not really complaining. At this point, i just wish for ETs to become finally permanent, then i will be forever happy.

13 Likes

It’s such a shame especially that this final instalment to the trilogy did the best and its like oh cool we can just throw it away now

What I mean by that is that the content plummeted and all we’ve got is escalations which were ‘easy’ to make which just makes it sound lazy from the team

(If you think that’s toxic then get a grip) :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Thats true, they still have Hitman level designers like the Sloth guy also did the main Dartmoor mission from when I was listening to that livestream. Let these creative people do something cool

6 Likes

The problem with the ET thats the map stay the same with new target…
In Bonus mission / Side missions you got different map in same location and with few challanges so i prefer it : D
but i agree it will be nice to get ET parmanenet even to add some challanges…

4 Likes

I literally woke up from my HITMAN hiatus because of this and the Lust escalation. The suit’s so badass and a permanent event that you can create in Contracts Mode!?!?!? Best sin rn!!!

15 Likes

Polo shirts should be reserved for the polo grounds, a golf course, or a tennis court.

Garden show, hmmm…

new kill possibilities:

23cc 2 Cycle Gas Powered Dual Sided Hedge Trimmer → slicing and dicing your targets, easier to carry around than a chainsaw

One of those jetpack-like leafblower backpacks → blow back your enemy into that poison ivy or killer cactus

5 Likes

that reminds me, i wonder if this mission will have any kind of unique item. i doubt it, but still, it would be cool

1 Like

Why was it flagged? The post was not toxic.

13 Likes

Probably because it could lead to more toxic stuff? Furthermore, I believe mods don’t like the atmosphere to change to pre-release/early post-release vibe with all these kind of posts spamming everywhere. Hitman3 will receive certain content for a period of time, and neither of these can change anything.

1 Like

It’s probably that reasoning, along with saying some kinda un-truthful things. IOI have not in any way “thrown away” Hitman 3 or its post-launch content at all. This upcoming Season is extreme proof of that.

We’ve got a heavily edited 7DS DLC
plus there’s a new, Free, heavily edited H3 map, along with Contracts Mode support (which is surprising given how they’ve barely touched it in years.)
Plus there’s some fan-requested unlocks like the Goldballer, also being added for free.

I know it’s not the ideal situation for content, and definitely not what we all expected back in January of this year, but right now it’s looking a lot better than it did in the Season of Greed :grimacing:

27 Likes