Deluxe Escalation - The Lee Hong Derivation

We don’t know what’s happening. PS4 users seem to have a Dubai escalation called The Phoenix Ascension but it’s not showing up on other platforms

i have this one too and I’m on PS5.

1 Like

My solution, current WR: HITMAN 3 - The Lee Hong Derivation Level 1 (1:23)(WR) - YouTube

Well, I tried to copy this strategy. Only to get “Mission Failed” after shooting Tzun for reasons I don’t understand. It took a couple more shots because the pistol isn’t that accurate, but failing the mission for that wouldn’t make any sense. I had to rage-quit for a while after this.

did you wait long enough for him to be “poisoned”? like the dot over his head needs to become a circle, then shoot him.

2 Likes

I like the escalation but 5 minutes is pretty damn stressful and it REALLY exposes how awful the verticality of the level is. If you avoid the actual targets and have a good look around you’ll notice that there’s a load of pipes that look scalable and plenty of potentially climbable surfaces that just don’t let you climb them. It basically leaves you with one exit given that all the others are too far away. I can’t be the only one who tried to scale down from the starting position only to realise there was no way of getting to the ground floor and out the level in the limited time left.

Still managed to beat it (after a few really stressful attempts), I’d much rather it was based around SA or ‘no found bodies’ because that still gives you the same basic strategy but with a LITTLE leeway.

Yeah, he’s vomiting over the side of the railing when I shoot him. I just tried playing again, and it looks like the problem is when Tzun’s AI goes from “poisoned mode” to “combat mode” after I shoot him a few times. I’m using the police chief’s pistol, and the accuracy is awful at range to get a headshot.

The objective is either poorly written or poorly programmed for Mission Failed. I can’t just “poison Mogwai Tzun, then eliminate him with a pistol”. Rather, it seems like the objective is supposed to be “poison Mogwai Tzun, then eliminate him with a pistol with a headshot while he’s vomiting before he realizes he’s being shot at”.

3 Likes

I’d say the time limit guides you to focus on the intended playing area. It spawns you next to the upper exit because you’re not supposed to use the train station. Also it only takes ~45s to make a beeline for the sniper. The triangle between the exit, mogwai & the sniper is a good sized area to focus on imo.

Remember how I said earlier this was probably my favourite of the 3 deluxe escalations? No, I don’t know what I was thinking either.

Over 3 hours spent where doing the exact same run 10 time results in 10 different things happening each run. This map is clearly supposed to exhibit the sniper potential of Chongqing, so why do we have to poison AND pistol kill some fat, glitchy bastard far away from all the other targets? So many perfect runs ruined where I was too slow and he walked away from the bike so I try to blow up the car he stands next to, only for it to 100% result in body found despite being an explosion accident no different from the bike

Unlocked the pretty cool looking equipment, and I intend to never come back to this escalation ever again.

1 Like
4 Likes

If u havnt tried it, get him to the front of the car. If he is standing in his default position at the side of the car, its explosive kill due to the explosive on the wheel. Moving him to the front results in him dying by the car, not the explosive

Why is there even an explosive on the wheel in the first place :rage: :thinking: That and Mogwai just seem to be completely counterintuitive to what they want you to be doing in the first place.

I’ll try giving that a try next time then.

to do the explosive kill

reference to the older Lee hong mission maybe. I find it stupid too that u have to poison then kill him. I’m surprised i even headshot him with the bartoli, since the accuracy is pants

I used the HK whatever pistol that chief of police drops, and didn’t have too much of a problem with bad aim (though I wasn’t trying to shoot him from far away like in your strategy).

Huh, as much as I like Gremlins I did not know that. Cheers for the fun fact :+1:

1 Like

Same gun i used. Thought it was a bartoli lol

Might have been a distance thing, I shot him straight away after dealing with the guys on the roof with drones. Still found it incredibly jarring. It felt like all the other levels have the guards dropping silenced pistols but the one time you actually NEED one …

1 Like

I thought the same tbh, was why I took the shot from that far, since I wasn’t dealing with the guards or the drone. Pistol Eliminating him resulted in his body being found by them. Whats strange is that I have shot that guy when he is panicking after I’ve poisoned him and it didn’t fail me. Must of been day 1 jank

Another solid Escalation.
Allthough, it’s tough to pick a favourite from this one the Percival Passage.
Level 3 in Lee Hong Derivation doesn’t change except for a 5 minute timer, while Percival Passage escalated it perfectly by ramping it up in level 3.

But still, a very enjoyable Escalation. Fun to route, fun to speedrun, and well chosen targets/kill conditions/placement.

So after playing all 9 levels from the three Escalations, my final rating would be:
Percival Passage>Lee Hong Deriviation>Asmodeus Waltz

7 Likes