Elusive Target #1: THE DECEIVERS (Year 3: 12 - 22 May 2023)

At first I planned to weapon lure both targets to the biolab and gas them but I decided nah I did that already so I decided on something a bit more umm fitting. I lured Richard J. Magee then Anthony L. Troutt to the first floor of the Villa Caruso observatory where I eliminated them using an amputation knife and wearing the Plague Doctor disguise while the video tape of Silvio’s childhood played. To set this up I first got Silvio Caruso to escape via airplane by making him think his mother had come back to haunt him so he wouldn’t walk in on me. I also subdued both of Troutt’s body guards in the wine cellar and two more guards in the observatory hallway to ensure they wouldn’t get in the way.

5 Likes

Was about to type a lengthy rant about how much Troutt waits for drinking the wine, only for him to die as I was typing it. Run took nearly 18 minutes, with a large part of it being spent in a box waiting for his demise.
At least the run wasn’t as stressful as I anticipated it to be, since the long delay allowed me to poison Troutt’s wine, slip out and poison Magee without getting locked out of a restart (which wasn’t needed anyway). And all of that SASO no KO loadout only.

Never thought of using target evacuation on a non-story mission to free up space. Smart.

3 Likes

Electrocuted Troutt in the basement and sniped Magee, SASO

7 Likes

While my run was nothing special (Sieker Drown on Magee, Poison on Troutt), I was quite proud of my time bonus :sunglasses:

8 Likes

In the past when this is happened, they add the challenges in at the start of the following week for people to complete as per normal. For those that have already completed it, they run something once the ET is over which goes through and edits all the player profiles so those that would have completed the challenges have them marked as so.

I’m sure Travis or Clemens will confirm this as the intention early next week.

4 Likes

The default approach, cause I didn’t come up with anything more creative.

Random routes give me anxiety. I was sure at the end something is wrong, like I broke the glass accidentally or anything else.

5 Likes

For these two I wanted to do something fun: snipe and cause an accident while I’m on the opposite side of the building for both (aka in the Caruso mansion for the Guru and in the Clock Tower for the Congressman).

The first one was pretty easy to set up (it was just a matter of timing to snipe the chandelier hinge in the server room while he walks above it), but I couldn’t figure out how to do it for the second using his cycle so I just placed a propane tank near the ledge where he goes to relax (and almost let him get away because I forgot that you need to shoot it twice, also it was funny seeing how I’ve placed it between his hands are when he leans out and he didn’t seem to care).

All in all it was pretty fun, wasted some time here and there but I had to try some things to see if and how I could do it.

4 Likes

Was finally in a position to push Troutt over the edge after he says it’s a view to die for, but there’s a security camera watching that spot. I can’t push Troutt over if I’m to adhere to my Parameters of Perfection. Years of anticipation for this chance to finally do it, over. Sigh. I’m just gonna have to blow him up.

Aw, fuck it. I’ll do accident kills with these two fucks in Arcade Mode, where the restricted loadout ruins any chance of adhering to the HPP anyway, unless they ever release a fuller version of this for us to play where I can take my time. I just used an emetic device in a briefcase on McGee while he’s at his table and the second I did, I headed over to the stone tower with the two guards near the exit and went in and up to where there’s a folding knife, then walked back to the public bathroom where I know McGee went. Got there just as he was finishing puking and cut his throat with the knife. Poetic. Then snuck inside the villa, grabbing poison from my stash on the way, poisoned Troutt’s wine glass, now just waiting for the fuck to drink it while I’m sitting on a bench near the escape car. Once he gulps that shit and keels over, I’m outta here.

I completed “The Deceivers - YEAR 3” with an SA rating on the day it became playable,
but the challenge was implemented later and remains unfulfilled.
Naturally, there is no longer any chance for me to play it.
Will this be properly “accomplished” later?
I am stumped.

7 Likes

I just checked and it’s the same for me, I don’t even have the regular challenge for killing the ET either >_<

I really hope that’s gonna be fixed. Or better yet, let us replay those damn ETs to get the challenges we missed -_-

5 Likes

Same here. I didn’t realise the challenges weren’t there when I did the ET on Friday. I only noticed when they didn’t show up after beating it. It feels bad not getting them even though the results screen show my SA rating.

I feel the best thing would be to reactivate the ET for everyone either straight away or during a currently planned gap week of ETs this year so we get a chance to unlock the challenges.

3 Likes

When this error occurred in the past, challenges were rewarded “Posthumously” (meaning they patched them in and, much the like the new Black Bruiser suit, anyone who already fulfilled the requirements would receive the accolades).

:crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Next patch is in 3 months. Nice. :joy:

Is the beginning of Trout’s route randomized, or contingent on certain actions?

I am doing all Y3 ETs as No Loadout SA SONKO, and I haven’t watched others’ videos or copied strats or anything like that. (I’m sure many players have done this self-challenge before, but I haven’t, and I’m going in blind.) So I’ve used the Arcade and ET restarts to get my routes down. And for the life of me, I’d perfect a route only to get to Trout and he’d go in the opposite direction that he had last time I tried it.

Anyway I thought I’d get a great recording last night, but instead of being in the cellar when I expected him to be, he was wandering the library, so I had to wait a few extra minutes for him to drink rat poison… making for a video punctuated by stretches of boredom. Whatever, it’s done now, and my streak continues.

(Also, he only drinks from that glass once right?)

Edit: I completed this on PS4 last night and received the two challenges.

I have 5 stars SA, but not credit for killing them like everyone else in here. It’s always something. :joy:

1 Like

hmmm…
Von Croy lookalike at the cafe, got his head smashed in the toilet… The other one must have some sort of allergies to vines, or alcohols in general… An another sad day in Sapienza.

1 Like

In the past, I remembered him only drinking the wine once. As far as I am aware, that still holds true :thinking:

As far as his pathing: best I could tell, it was random.

I looked for different ways to approach him suit only and restarted the map a couple of times. Also, I almost always do at least one “soft run” for ET’s, where I pacify them or use Sedative instead of Lethal poison, just to make sure the route is consistent (and see if anyone ever finds their body).

In approx. 6 total restarts, he started with the Library about 3 times, the Sun Room once, and the Wine Cellar twice (including my final 5:34 time).

On my practice “soft run” it took almost ten minutes for him to drink the sedative while I waited on a bench. However, on my final run, he died almost immediately after I drowned Magee (around 3:45). The rest of my time was spent running to the docks.

2 Likes

If it’s like the other times when IO forgot to add the challenges, they should do a retroactive remedial action on server side. It should be done as well this time I think (I hope).

@Travis_IOI @Clemens_IOI

7 Likes

It would be a shame to go through the trouble of clearing the SA rank and then have it go unfulfilled.
I too hope they will make the correction.

1 Like