Elusive Target #14: THE BOOKKEEPER (15 - 25 October 2021)

So, I failed the mission last year and I thought I would have another try at it this time.
However I cannot launch the mission in any way. I can only watch the briefing but have no option to start the mission.

Is it normal ? Can’t you re attempt contracts you’ve previously failed ?

Yep, this was an intentional implementation for both this and the Fugitive ET that was reactivated last week. It may only be attempted by players who never played them before in H3. Neither Succeeding nor failing the ET previously allows another try.

2 Likes

Well that sucks ! But thanks for clarifying that :slight_smile:

1 Like

They did this in hitman 2016 once. 2 et Targets active at once. In order to play the one not displayed on the screen, you need to go to the Elusive Target career tab where it shows all ETs ever played/killed/failed. There you will see both ETs that are playable with the timer (or days remaining) active. IIRC.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Back when ETs in H1 were running this was the only one I had a chance to try. At the time I have never even played Colorado so I just followed a guide and blew him up by placing a propane can on the wide road to the main camp entrance and shooting it. Somehow managed to kill the guy unnoticed but got spotted while taking the ledge since I didn’t really knew what I was doing back then. Although didn’t get SA, still completed the ET and got the Black Winter Suit in H2 and H3. When it was reactivated a week ago I was trying to come up with something more original, but ended up doing the exact same thing, except I didn’t fail SA this time. Still was risky af, for a moment I thought I blew up half of his crew and the other half is now shooting me, but it was just my anxiety. Anyways, I’m happy to see my tactical leather jacket back and the Absolution Suit for 3rd ET.

4 Likes

Most annoying is that if you knock out one of the four bodyguards the others will automatically go on full alert and evacuate the target. Regardless if you were seen or not. Best counter is to plant a miniature explosive on the target’s car, knock out all the to guards in the house, and knock out one of the bodyguards as the Bookkeeper is headed up to visit the hackers. That last part is important; after everyone stands down the Bookkeeper will permanently stay at what his next destination was before the alert was triggered. The house is the best place for this to happen. Fortunately knocking out the other three bodyguards won’t trigger another alert. Iwas so annoyed with the bodyguards I actually created a contract just for them; they’re the four guys exercising behind the house.

1 Like