Elusive Target #14: THE BOOKKEEPER (15 - 25 October 2021)

I would recommend, first thing is to always take out his get-away vehicle. Either way, you could always restart anyway if something alerted him, but this is a bit of insurance so you can keep doing whatever. Stay safe! :fearful:

5 Likes

Okay, thank you for the advice! I will do my best, it sounds like he’s a very difficult target :see_no_evil: but I’m curious what he has to do with Grey :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

As with all the ETs I did a dialogue video on his first outing. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed. So either before or after you’ve followed him around and killed the target, you can check this out in case you missed something. Of course, it might be you find something I missed!

(Previous video from original ET)

17 Likes

FINALLY got the fkr. lol
SA/SONKO 2:38

11 Likes

I was very reluctant to play him since Colorado is my messiest and least liked level of the trilogy. Besides, i read a lot of people complaining about him. I’m happy with my elusive target games so far, so i went there thinking “to hell with the Silent Assassin” rank and directly used my official account.

I used the same spot i use for Maya Parvati and Sean Rose: though the window in the shed behind the auto bodyshop. There is a cupboard in which you go straight after eliminating.
In my second attempt, i didn’t wait for him to do his tour and i aimed when he and his little group are between the car and the Move truck for a few seconds. It’s quite a distance using the ICA but i did it anyway hashtag proud :sweat_smile:

I don’t care about body found. i do care though when i fail to remember that there is a camera right before the bridge exit and… darn, one star. Oh well. He’s less complicated to eliminate than i thought he would be but oh my god, i hate this level. Every single location is hostile, it’s quite exhausting.

5 Likes

Wait a minute, the bathroom doors are to be unlocked? I didn’t use anything to open them. Is this a bug or a professional level thing?

2 Likes

They’re usually unlocked. They only lock (by themselves, magically) when Sean Rose starts his route to go to that bedroom while in the house.

5 Likes

First time ever I held off doing the ET with less than an hour left. But I did it! And now I got that cool Colorado-suit! Awesome.

10 Likes

congrats my friend enjoy the suit

2 Likes

Well, this is yet another ET I missed out on because I forgot & was busy with a bunch of other stuff. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

Oh well, I wasn’t particularly excited for this one anyway (Colorado, plus the bodyguard troupe and sensitivity to anything going wrong). Hopefully I can get him next time around.

8 Likes

I was also busy with stuff, but thankfully, I am just late posting my run for the last three ETs. This one has an NPC encounter for the history books at the 3:10 mark

6 Likes

The Bookkeeper (Year 1) is now active again!

If I’m correct, is the Fugitive still active too? Does that change how the ET Tile looks?
I’m sure the roadmap displayed an overlap between the two.
My game only shows The Bookkeeper – who I missed – but isn’t showing me The Fugitive – who I already completed last year.

2 Likes

I only see the Bookkeeper (the only Elusive Target that I failed). Yesterday I only saw the Bookkeeper too with a nice reminder that I’d previously failed it staring me in the face…

That hat is the only thing I want from this game now and I can’t have it!

4 Likes

Hm. Maybe the ET Tile just wasn’t designed for more than one active at once.

Maybe it’s different if you haven’t played The Fugitive yet, but clearing The Bookkeeper doesn’t seem to put the focus back on Fugitive.

I think you’re right. The tile just was never programmed to show two at once. Usually (contracts, for example) you’d be able to scroll left/right but the Elusive Target tile doesn’t have that. They never anticipated they’d have more than one active at a time, apparently. I wonder if that’s something they’ll bother to fix or just ignore it if they don’t foresee enough benefit at this point. If it’s never come up before in 5+ years, I doubt they’d worry about it at this point.

1 Like

All of this could have been avoided if ioi would’ve simply made ALL available ET’s active for us to play as much as we want. No Arcade BS, no #2 reactivations, etc. Would’ve required less work too.

One simple act that would’ve eliminated:

1. Any “MISSED” or “FAILED” targets.

2. Any missing suit rewards.

3. Any unchecked challenges associated with ET’s.

4. Complaints about the mode in general.

7 Likes

That’s true, but I don’t know if we can say it’d be easier than just flipping switches of when to reactivate/re-run Year 2 versions instead

1 Like

I think that particular dead horse has been repeatedly and excessively beaten at this point. Maybe at the end of Year 2 or whenever they decide to stop live support they’ll just open up all of the available Elusive Targets but it won’t happen now, and IOI has been pretty clear they don’t want the Elusive Targets to just become a bunch of “Special Assignments”, which is just what they would be if they were opened for unlimited play.

2 Likes

Well, considering the fact that most of us are going to want to continue playing this game long after IO has moved on from adding content or updates to it, I’d say that this is a particular case where it’s not about what they want, but what we want. If they can make them playable forever (essentially) in Arcade, they can certainly make them playable forever directly, and that’s what they should do at some point before they cease all operations with this game.

2 Likes

This was the easiest solution I could come up with even though based on his various routes it only works roughly one third of the time

2 Likes