Elusive Target 2023?

I was wondering if there is any information on elusive targets for the rest of the year. I have 100% of the elusive targets completed since I bought the game, so I just want a heads up when to check back in on the elusive contracts so I don’t get too absorbed in the freelancer mode or other games and miss one.

I am completely fine with it being longer than expected, I pretty much want something like this:

We will be focused on the new features for the next x months, so we will not have any elusive targets until after that point.
x months later
We will be working on y for at least the next z months so we will not have elusive targets (repeat)
or
Elusive targets will start up on day or month n.

I am fine with the game as it is, I just do not want to miss a single elusive target. I am a completionist so it will literally cause me discomfort when I see that. I have actually stopped playing a good number of games because one of the list of achievements/challenges were impossible.

On a related note I have it on steam and the “missed” elusive targets are stressing me out. I wish they would just be covered up when I beat the target the next time it shows up, or just not show the targets that were never available to my version of the game.

2 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Spring Roadmap 2023 Thread

Merged with the Spring Roadmap 2023 thread as that has the full details of the Elusive Targets arriving :grin:

I was wondering if there is any information on elusive targets for the rest of the year. I have 100% of the elusive targets completed since I bought the game, so I just want a heads up when to check back in on the elusive contracts so I don’t get too absorbed in the freelancer mode or other games and miss one.

I am completely fine with it being longer than expected, I pretty much want something like this:

We will be focused on the new features for the next x months, so we will not have any elusive targets until after that point.
x months later
We will be working on y for at least the next z months so we will not have elusive targets (repeat)
or
Elusive targets will start up on day or month n.

I am fine with the game as it is, I just do not want to miss a single elusive target. I am a completionist so it will literally cause me discomfort when I see that. I have actually stopped playing a good number of games because one of the list of achievements/challenges were impossible.

On a related note I have it on steam and the “missed” elusive targets are stressing me out. I wish they would just be covered up when I beat the target the next time it shows up, or just not show the targets that were never available to my version of the game.

2 Likes

There is currently no information on future Elusive Targets. If there will be some, and if yes if it will be new launches like in Year Two, or if it will be reactivations.

As a matter of fact, there is currently no communication saying directly that the game will have new content. But marketing still talked of the Elusive Target for the World of Assassination release. So there are some suspicions.

The same thing happened last year. No news during the month of February, and then a roadmap for the first Thursday of march.
But again, then Year Two was announced beforehand.

It might have been to have a month of calm both for the new players, and for the developers. And to gage the interest in the game. Which is something the developers have admitted doing this year.

As to why this is important here : Elusive Targets were the go to last year to pad out the weekly release after Freelancer delays. At least before IOI caught up and made small challenges / item unlocks.

So two things will determine the Elusive Target :

• if Hitman continues to aim for a weekly content release
  • if Hitman aims to prioritize / produce Freelancer / original content, or improvise with the current pool
5 Likes

We don’t even know if they’ll be Year 3 content yet? I’ve posted this in other thread, but I think future updates & game adds will mainly be focused on Freelancer.

We may get the odd Elusive Target reactivation, but I think Freelancer will still have the mini spot light in my opinion.

Log into your IO account and make sure you’re set up to receive emails from IO. They always send out emails with the roadmaps when they post the blog post (at least these were sent out each roadmap in 2022). That way you’ll be made aware of when the ETs start up for the year.

Also, it feels like ETs are quasi-confirmed for 2023 - the last patch changed up the main menu of the game and created a new “Live” tab, which has a tile for ETs to appear on in the future. If they weren’t coming, there would have been no point in placing that tile there.

7 Likes

If you actually received any notifications you are one of the lucky ones. I have been allowing all of the notifications I can get my hands on, and still nothing. I have to actually open my game just to see if any ET’s are coming soon or in progress.

1 Like

Does anyone know if IO will ever put back the below 6 Elusive Targets again?

The Angel of Death
The Blackmailer
The Chef
The Fixer
The Identity Thief
The Warlord

I have been playing since Hitman 2 in December 2019 and I haven’t seen either of these.

1 Like

Only one on that list that is coming back in 2023 - The Warlord in December. The rest, along with six other ETs from H1, are presumably not seeing the light of day again.

IO would seemingly rather give ETs to the new players throughout the year and then do a mass-reactivation of the exact same ETs in December via the “Y2 ET Re Run Galore” instead of the better option - which would be to Y3-ify the ones from H1 that didn’t get Y2’d and give new players a chance to experience every ET this year by using the “Re Run Galore” as a means to play the ones from Y2. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The Spring Roadmap 2023 thread confirms Elusive Targets are continuing through this year.

Closing thread as there’s already a replacement thread on this subject :grin: