Elusive Target Arcade

Except The Undying (Undying Returns). Contractually, Sean Bean only signed on for Hitman 2. Not the third game.

1 Like

So unless Sean Bean signs another contract everyone will be missing the Florida outfit?

No. IO is going to make every suit available at some point in the future. This has been made clear multiple times and is supported by the fact that suits that could only be unlocked in H2, like the wetsuit and Phantom suit, became unlockable by completing mastery. The Mumbai suit became unlockable through an escalation, and the suits in New York and Haven were never even tied to ETs. I don’t know why so many people keep thinking that they’ll never get to unlock certain suits if ETs don’t come back to those maps; everybody will get a chance to unlock all the suits, just in different ways. Everyone be patient, you’re going to get the suits, but not all of them will come from beating ETs.

8 Likes

Yeah does make sense. Miami is effectively like Mumbai in HITMAN 3 as it’s not going to have an Elusive Target. Not unless either Sean Bean greenlights The Undying OR a unique to HM3 ET is made.

From Travis in the thread “Vote for upcoming Legacy Elusive Targets” about the items and suit related to Miami ET:

I have a general goal to find a place in H3 for unlocks like this. When the time comes, we’ll share how.

It’s very likely that these items will come somehow in H3. Probably with a specific challenge (like the hammer or the Jaeger 7 Covert).

3 Likes

Aside from ‘loyalty’ unlocks (such as ET coins, S1 briefcase, etc.), I want there to be a place in H3 to unlock all the items that could have been unlocked in H1 + H2, with very few exceptions.

21 Likes

Hey, as you are here, can you comment the absence of XP farming in Arcade?
Is it intentional or a bug?

4 Likes

I’ll have a look into it.

6 Likes

I have a question regarding current direction of Arcade mode. I believe that idea of limiting complications and making them optional is a compromise that not everyone will be fine with.

What I’m basically asking is that wouldn’t be a better idea to break elusive targets into 2 separated modes that compliment each other?

First would be Arcade with it’s original idea of number of complications increasing each level.

Second basically elusive targets repurposed as special assignments without complications, levels and cooldown upon failure but with ability to save.

That could satisfy both casual players that want more forgiving experience with saving and players that want a challenge.

2 Likes

As far as unlocks in Arcade mode, I know that from an image of weapons unlockable for H3 that was shown on here some weeks back, 3 of the weapons have not been released yet, but all the others in it have, with 2 of them having been unlocked via Arcade mode. Are the remaining 3 expected to be unlocked in Arcade in the future? Will there be new suit unlocks that you can comment on? I’m particularly interested in the possibility of the Tactical Turtleneck with gloves, if that’s a thing to look forward to.

A sci-fi ray gun with full visual and sound effects would be nice.

After finally beating all 56 Escalations in Hitman 2016, I thought I’d list some complications from across the trilogy that I think would be interesting to have with an ET Arcade contract:

• No Agility - If you vault, hang, scale, or climb down, you will fail the mission

• No Guarding - No security guard disguises may be worn

• Restricted Loadout - Start with restricted loadout

• Suit Only - Undercover starting locations are no longer available. If you change to another disguise than your suit, you will fail the mission (this really depends on the targets - it could be interesting for some but downright infuriating for others)

• Shadowy Enemies - Enemies do not provide disguises or drop firearms when they are eliminated or pacified

As a bonus, here are some complications that I think would be hilariously bad to have in the ET Arcade:

• Sticky Pistol - A pistol must be equipped at all times. If a pistol is not equipped, you will have 7 seconds to equip one or you will fail the mission.

• Extreme Security - Deadly mines have been added to the map. Find and equip the disarm device to bypass them.

• Terminus Rapid - Complete the mission within 3 minutes.

• Deadly Stalker - Someone is hunting you. (everyone’s favorite complication)

12 Likes

oh i remember the last one the deadly stalker aka the one on colorado

3 Likes
3 Likes

I feel like this was one of the removed complications from the second batch as The Genera had all the undercover starting locations missing despite the complication being removed (probably a relic of the data that already resided within the game for the removed complication).

Though if it was intended to be present, it was implementation was a poor choice for those Elusive Targets since the only one it really had any material impact on was The Appraiser (The Revolutionary and The Politician are extremely easy suit only).

3 Likes

Is the deadly stalker able to shoot through cover?

i don’t know patrick

1 Like

Whenever you’re locked in combat in an ET, both pause menus should be inaccessible until the guards stand down.

Do NPCs normally do that?

I don’t remember that being the case

Guards stand down if they lose track of you unless you were detected in a location they can’t reach.