Elusive Target Arcade

Do a flip!
oh…

27 Likes

shes an old lady, cant expect her to be too strong in the bones

18 Likes

This is probably the wrong place to ask, but I was wondering how one goes about submitting for featured contracts?

1 Like

For each FC batch there’s a submission thread on this forum that opens some time before batch itself is released where you can drop your contract IDs.

4 Likes

Thank ya kindly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I read on another topic that todays ETA is the last of this year but will it be the last one they do if so it’ll be a real shame considering we didn’t get the fixer

The new batch has been released.

The Authoritarians - Lethal Melee Only

• The Warlord
  • The Ex-Dictator
  • The Bookkeeper

The Aesthetes - Hide All Bodies

• The Appraiser
  • The Broker
  • The Collector

Completing any of those two contracts will unlock the Shashka A33 Gold.

9 Likes

And yes @Steven_Jones, this is the last batch of Year Two.
The Fixer is the only (legally available) ET that never reappeared.
I would guess due either to a change of the game difficulty philosophy, or due to it clashing with the sedative mechanic revamped in Hitman 2.
Or it will arrive later. (Maybe as a lethal joke)

Something tells me that Heisenberg will not be happy about the optionnal complications.

Also : I’m genuinely laughing at the “Hide All Bodies complication”. Well played IOI. Well played.

2 Likes

Ah, dammit, this is gonna be annoying. It doesn’t interfere with how I want to kill the Warlord, for once, but lethal melee for those other two is gonna be insanely difficult. For that matter, so will the hide all bodies for those other three. The only one I cared about was the Warlord and my preferred method is preserved, so I’m not hugely pissed at this turn. But, it’s gonna take time to complete them properly, and that is a bit aggravating.

1 Like

Hum… The Authoritarians are by far the toughest ETA. :muscle:
Three overprotected ETs, including two with a secondary objective. :grimacing:
And the kill condition forces us to do this closely. :lol:

5 Likes

Man, those complications suck. Getting to hide Broker is besically impossible. Only way to do it is dropping him into pool nearby which he stands. And Authoritarians are just worst honestly. I was hoping to drown both of Ekwensi, but now I will have to resort to some bs gimmick.
Edit: NGL, it does look pretty sick, even tho I will never use it.

3 Likes

Another possibility is they don’t want people practicing The Fixer in advance. I suspect the only sign it will be released eventually is when all The Fixer walkthroughs on YouTube start disappearing due to IOI reporting them for copyright reasons so people cannot use them to come up with a strategy.

IOI never did that for the previous ones. And certainly never will.
It would be immensely hostile to the community. And cruel, reckless, and a bit stupid.
And potentially illegal.

12 Likes

Got a poll for y’all: Do you think we will get more ET Arcade batches in the TBA Year 3?

• Yes, they’ll be more ET Arcade batches
  • No, this was the last of them

0 voters

3 Likes

What would be the best for “there will be maybe some intermittent new ETA to put a bow on it, but no Year Three label” ?

Almost all the ETs are here, I don’t see that many other rewards that could arrive, and we are now on the “let us have a bit of gentle ribbing with the community on the ETA contract complication” end of it. I just don’t see what more the ETA could bring to the game. Not without tiring itself out.

The only things truly missing currently are :

• The Fixer
  • The Deceivers in a non-restricted loadout contract

I would add, maybe a fun “marathon contract” with all the ETs (or three of them, one per game)
But that is not enough for a full fledge Year ™. So, maybe just as a slow down, and gentle end of the mode.

But I’m also fine with what we’ve had.

3 Likes

The Aesthetes/Hide All Bodies - Meh. All three were just an extremely simple puzzle on how to use emetics to get people in the right places so that the target would go vomit right next to a container.

The Authoritarians/Melee Weapon Kills - At first glance I thought this one would be hard. They all actually turned out to be quite easy and didn’t take that much time to complete. Did enjoy this one.

2 Likes

I see The Authoritarians has a Lethal Melee Only complication. Quick question, does the fiber wire and its variants count as melee weapons? I know they’re classified as Melee in the planning tab but I also seem to remember Contracts Mode not accepting fiber wires as valid when you had the melee kill complication…

1 Like

I’m going to completely ignore the complications this time I think. Especially for the Authoritarians.
Because :

• sod that for the Ex-Dictator
  • apparently there is way to serve a bloody mary to the Warlord as a waiter in the kitchen, with the old serve a cocktail mechanic (the same animation as Victor Novikov in Paris apparently), and I want to see it.
4 Likes

Damn, those are some pretty difficult Arcade batches if you’re going for a perfect all optional objectives completed run, so I’ll do it my way for the 1st run and maybe come up with something for a 2nd try with all objectives done. Great to play the Warlord for the first time since 2016 though!

1 Like

You’d be surprised how simple it actually is.

8 Likes