Elusive Target Arcade

Finally got around to the Forger in Arcade mode, but the fucker isn’t in the room upstairs where I found him in H1. Where is he? Does he actually have a path?

2 Likes

He starts off at the base of the stairs that Novikov walks down which he will go up, before walking between the rooms behind the Sheik’s room and the attic.

Oh, for fucks sake, now I gotta revise my whole strategy!

3 Likes

That’s probably why they changed it.

Lovely. I can’t get back to it until tonight, but just so I can start planning, does anyone know if his path takes him under, or even just near, a chandelier? Preferably one with an accessible switch?

Yes.
20swintchesofdoom

Edit: It might be a bit RNG the path he takes, but there are at least 3 opportunities.

Edit2: Dang it! :sweat_smile: Just wanted to share my misery. Come on! He’s still dead. :expressionless:

1 Like

No he’s not. The game terminated just before the shot even made contact to deny XP. Not that that matters as ETA denies XP period and I don’t think that’s a bug.

Unless we could read / decipher the game code - I’m going to say that the game detected the target was killed, but checked to see what the kill method was. If it involved a bullet - was the bullet applied to the head?

Since these factors didn’t check it then gave a ‘Mission Failed’. I could’ve aimed for the head as I had the servant guy over by the couch subdued via sedative gum, then used a sedative syringe on his bodyguard. But no. Bullet/s were applied to the body.

I could’ve killed him numerous other ways that didn’t involve a bullet to the head and I could’ve completed the mission. So with that - ‘headshots only’ is a bit silly, but it’s what they want. My fault for not remembering that small detail. :roll_eyes:

Edit: In fact, the last time I played this one it gave me a ‘Mission Failed’ because I was going to use an emetic dart on the target, but I hit him in the back instead of the head.

I wonder how many contracts were created with dart guns in mind when setting the headshot complication.

5 Likes

^ This! Why the hell do the dart guns count for this damn complication? They fire in an arc, so you can’t even properly aim them!

5 Likes

They should at least rename it lethal headshot that way dart gun users know not to bother.

2 Likes

New Arcades coming on Tuesday, May 24th with an unlock…

that is “beaked”.

10 Likes

I just hope I’ll be able to eliminate “The Collector” by throwing propane into the fireplace. This strategy was all but impossible in the first ET release because of the hide all bodies complication. But if they use that same complication I’m going to be very upset.

1 Like

I like this pistol with the ducky theme in particular because it’s common for small concealable weapons to be customized in such flamboyant way. More fitting than a supressed sniper rifle for me.

7 Likes

I’m glad they’re giving it ducky sounds, hopefully this means they’ll also change the ICA19 F/A “Ducky” Edition and the Quackl to have ducky sounds too

7 Likes

Yeah, the only ETs from H3 I need them to rerelease in Arcade is the Collector for the reasons you mentioned, and the Procurers without the 1 disguise change complication, as I can’t perform the accident kills I want with that in place.

So will the ducky gun quack like a duck? Or squeak like a rubber duck? :thinking:

2 Likes

june roadmap better have a ducky suit or I will RIOT

1 Like

Honestly these supposedly funny reskins are starting to annoy me. 47 is a professional, he takes his job very seriously.

1 Like

That’s what the goofy outfits are for. We’re basically supposed to pretend that it’s not 47 but some other, sillier assassin using this gear. Beyond that, 47 will do virtually anything to complete his contract, no matter how embarrassing it would be to a normal person. Flamingo Mascot suit and all.

3 Likes