Elusive Target Arcade

The Angel of Death went out with a bang in my latest playthrough. Well more accurately multiple booms from the freaking tank gun.

2 Likes

How did you get her there, and were you able to do it SA?

1 Like

Didn’t have the patience to do it SA this time. Just got rid of her bodyguards and weapon lured her. However I’m thinking SA without weapon lure would at the very least require me to knock out and hide a bunch of guards. And given the lack of containers I best escape by military truck so the remaining guards won’t have time to discover the bodies.

I fricked up Season one targets, because it seems that everyone on rooftop is enforce to waiter disguise, ugh. I am dreading final stage. Katana does look pretty cool tho. It really shows absolute lack of ET’s in S2 and even S3, when they are running same guys and gals over and over and over and over.

5 Likes

And we still have many more season 1 targets yet to be introduced to the arcade yet they haven’t released even one in the latest update.

And more that need to be rereleased so that they can be played in a less obstructive way.

Yawn. As someone that has recently got the game on PC and finally got use to Peacock, perma ETs really aren’t all that fun. Yes, at first you’re like a kid in a candy store but you very quickly see how boring and barebones the ETs can be and you get bored of it soon enough.

Given that we know the Special Assignments were originally meant to be ETs, I don’t get why people think perma ETs are going to be game changing when everyone happily shits on the Special Assignments. People are just being blinded by the ETs usually being time limited (not to mention stubborn) that they’re not able/willing to see that the Arcade at least makes them somewhat more interesting to play.

I personally hope we never see perma ETs in their original form (not that I think it’s ever going to happen anyway).

The issue with many of them is a very small window for opportunities for killing them Silent Assasin. I already mentioned it, but ET’s like Sensation or Ex-Dictator had like one very small opportunity for them being assasinated. Sensation had vodka glass from which he drank once, and Ex-Dictator would go on balcony where he could be pushed with being chance you will get spotted. With tools we have in H3, this would be much easier, but still, I insist that each ET should be done with basic loadout. Seriously, they would have to be somehow remastered in order to make them more approachable even for begineers and it is one of my biggest wishes - for original ET’s to be polished and remade for definitive version of Hitman final game.

Perhaps for you, but some of us are perfectly happy playing the same things over and over because it was fun the first time and we want to play it our way to our hearts’ content. I like the special assignments, and I’ll like replaying the ETs without having to deal with only one disguise change or only one KO, or restricted loadouts.

5 Likes

Also, are we not going to talk about how weird it was that on the H2 Arcade Contract with “Accidents Only” IO chose The Stowaway and The Appraiser? A lot of people already know about the go-to accident kill with the propane tank that is pretty risk free.

That contract would’ve been better with The Revolutionary/The Serial Killer imo. Though I guess Murillo wasn’t used because of the extremely close proximity to his Year 2’ing.

Unless I’m mistaken, isn’t the one window in the Ex-Dictator with the wife, the Gold-Digger? The husband goes back to the balcony now and again, but it’s the wife that takes one tour away from the restaurant that doesn’t repeat: she enters a new loop leaving the restaurant for the bar next door. Very clearly this mission has changed on if you played it in the original game where the fire extinguisher was a kill so most people didn’t even give them a minute to see they have different routines, and later games where this technique leads to knockouts and not kills, though in later games this mission has to be modded to be work properly given the CICADA refresh that happened in the 2016 game, likely the reason IO’s never released this one since.

This makes me wish they’d streamline these ‘Sets’ of ETs. Absolute waste having 6 or 8 of the same ETs with slightly different complications. It’s nearing the levels of a fever dream.

I think even a ‘Roulette’ feature would be better. Choose your string or sequence of targets, even the number. I don’t know if toggling complications would nullify the idea of a ‘roulette’ feature. But maybe the more complications you choose and meet, the more points you’d get.

Let’s say you have a string of 5 targets (no repeats of previous ETs). You get SA on the first 2, so you’d get a 3x multiplier for the 3rd ET. Then you lose SA on the 3rd ET. Your multiplier resets to 1x.

Think of the Sniper missions, and how you’d get multipliers for kill streaks in that. Why can’t that be applied to this ET Arcade?

This is kind of inspiring me…

Anyone else glad we haven’t had any time limit complications? Well, we haven’t yet.

Although, there was that one with ‘The Black Hat’ where you’d need to complete the mission within 2 minutes if recorded by a camera. :grimacing:

To Do: Collect ET pics (shrink to 25%), arrange in a grid pattern with larger pic above showing which ET is highlighted. Mock up screenshot with complication list, kill methods, and other “challenges”, etc.

5 Likes

Oh he does? I haven’t played when it originally launched, I just thought he goes to balcony, which is only opportunity to kill him. I also thought that wife’s cycle repeats, but it doesn’t, as it seems. Either way, it really does not make want for this mission to return if it is in current status. Btw, how come Bangkok CICADA’s are glitched, while Paris ones are ok?

He loops back and forth to the balcony, but I believe he only phone calls once.

As for the CICADA stuff, a ways into the 2016 game, they were updated during a patch, though I do not remember the reason. This was after the Elusive Target mission was released so they likely never went back to it to update the mission with these newer versions, making them blank NPCs. Unless I’m mistaken, the solution is as simple as reconfiguring the blank models to whatever the CICADA models currently are represented as for the mission to get fixed.

1 Like

Was there an issue with the guards when they re-ran the Ex-Dictator near the end of 2016’s live support?

2 Likes

Based on bigMooney06’s video from the reactivation run in mid-May 2018, nope. So either the final H1 patch in late-May 2018 broke it or H2 did.

Am I the only one who likes this freaking mode? I approach it like an arcade, not like serious ET play. Or, I start the missions as serious ET play, and then as soon as shit invariably goes south I transition into arcade mode.

I see the 12 hour time lockout as an incentive, not a penalty. If I’m playing a mission and things get crazy and my guns go irreparably from green to red, that’s when the pressure’s on and the vibe gets real tense! I know that if I die, things’ll be okay and I’ll be able to play again the next time I get some gaming time (i.e. in 12+ hours), but I’ll still try to make it out alive and not trigger that penalty. This leads to some of the most fun and tense and trigger-happy and, actually, meaningful moments I’ve had in this game.

Earlier, I played this one trio with the Broker in Paris as the first level. I penetrated his head with a nice new neon katana. I thought I was in the clear. Some asshole bodyguard found his body. Well, SA lost then. I took the guard out — no witnesses! But some other guard saw me through some weird angles. Took him out — no witnesses!! But then the whole fucking ground floor was alerted to me and shit got crazy! I exploded a safe on the top floor and tried to get down to the helicopter for my exit while everyone was coming after me, but didn’t have good cover and got mowed down. Intense! Fail on first level! Elusive target failed! But also… try again tomorrow bro, no worries mate, that was fun right, it’s all good!

Sometimes, based on the vocal comments on this forum, I feel like I’m the only one enjoying this mode for the beautiful balance of tension and triviality that it delivers.

11 Likes

your not the only one i enjoyed it too

1 Like

Definitely not alone. I enjoy it too (then again I also enjoyed the puzzle format of the original Arcade). Whenever a new batch drops, it’s usually the only thing I’ll play for about a week looking for different ways to complete them while still staying within the bounds of the complication.

Some people are just unable to let go of what they wanted the Arcade to be that they’re not allowing themselves to enjoy something that is actually quite fun.

2 Likes

I enjoy the mode immensely. I’m fine with the twelve hour lockout, and while not ideal, I’m ok with the way the targets are stacked together in a way that requires them all to be played for completion. It’s the rest of the bullshit that comes with them that I wish they’d drop.

1 Like