Elusive Target Arcade

he looks like harry styles

Even more of a reason to abolish the hairstyle completely because it looks like absolute bong water.

4 Likes

or the shades they look cool

The parallel universe reference could’ve just been a false implication to keep Vidal from investigating further and potentially learning of the existence of Victoria. That information in the hands of Providence and Arthur Edwards would’ve been very bad.

1 Like

Possibly. Either way, it’s not literal; it’s a way for IOI to poke fun at Absolution and jokingly give the people who don’t like it an out for pretending it never happened. But it did.

1 Like

We still need resolution for Absolution not some cliffhanger. If parallel universe is indeed the case then might as well change the ending to show 47, Diana, and Victoria leaving the assassination business behind and settling together as a family.

1 Like

Hence, it wasn’t an alternate universe, Diana was just having a joke because the whole situation was far outside their usual fare. Not really anything to clear up about Absolution when you think about it: Detective Faulkner and Birdie are likely both dead, probably by some other agent as a freebie to 47 and Diana for saving them from Travis’s bullshit, and Victoria either threw her pendant into the lake in which case she’s dead, or she kept it and is living a normal life under a new identity somewhere.

1 Like

Birdie and/or Faulkner would make perfect elusive targets.

4 Likes

Hmm, never thought of that…

Its safe to say there’s not going to be any new ETs in general?

I could see 1 ET being planned for Ambrose with it being a free location everyone would have.

Other than that, probably not.

3 Likes

I don’t think there will be new ETs, not even on the new map. Heaven and the Bank didn’t got one when they were released so it’s likely AI won’t get any either. Most likely we will get an escalation.

3 Likes

Before we all knew what Santa Fortuna (or a South American mission) would be – I, personally, had a preconceived idea. And Birdie being an ET for this location fit so perfectly… But again, that was for what I was imagining the South American mission to be.

I was imagining something more desert-like (with lots of cacti) and a chapel of some sort in the area. Given that South American communities are typically Catholic I assumed this would be a given.

But since Absolution is considered non-canon by the IO devs… I guess we don’t need him as an ET. It shall forever remain a dream.

I once almost made a topic saying “What if Absolution were just a dream?” And it’d essentially be fantasies/desires and fears of 47. I could go on… But won’t.

Where did this idea come from? It’s been confirmed over and over since the 2016 game released that all the non-mobile Hitman games are canon. We see Dom Osmond in the opening cinematic. Amos Dexter is strongly hinted, by name, behavior, and some of his dialogue, to be Blake Dexter’s brother. And Blake Dexter is explicitly mentioned by Vidal in Mendoza. Yeah, people try to point to the “parallel universe” line by Diana as a way to show it didn’t happen, but then Diana wouldn’t know about it if that were true.

Absolution is canon, that has been established. The devs simply reference it as little as possible because of its low popularity among the fan base and they don’t want to turn people off by being beholden to past stories. That’s why no other games in the series are referenced except in off-handed ways, and mainly in regards to the existence of targets in past games rather than anything 47 and Diana have explicitly done. Only their history within the trilogy is acknowledged directly, without disregarding any other past games.

5 Likes

I’ve always been a vehement defender of Absolution. So I guess I don’t know what to make of this line. But yeah. That’s what I’m basing that idea on.

Thanks for reminding me of those points. I could say a lot more, but it’d just be rambling.

I got busy and missed the Revolutionary )= but that’s how it was designed right? You gotta pay attention if you want them all. I guess my 47 is a bit lazy and doesn’t need to take every job :joy:

I got the food critic though. I had a decent plan to lob a guru grenade into his sitting area so get him to go get sick pretty quick, but he goes to a non potty and it’s in front of too many eyes. Of course, bc I hit him with the toss I couldn’t retry or anything. Now I have no guns and no nothing. I went and found a guard costume and a loud pistol and put him down from around a corner and was able to disappear before anyone caught me. Then it was just a matter of moving between guards and changing back to my original outfit and getting out of there. I didn’t just hide in a box till it calmed down as I feel that’s not realistic. I genuinely took my shots and then booked it. Jumped into a closet just to let guards run by and then went the other way back to my usually clothing. No way in real life the guard who saw me wouldn’t have told everyone just to stop any tall muscly bald white dude, but it was fun.

4 Likes

#NotMyCanon :wink: :joy:

20paralleluniverses

2 Likes

After all, what does “being canon” even mean for an artwork such as a book, a movie or a videogame? Basically whether it is considered important enough by the creators or owners of the franchise to have an impact on the story of their current or next creation.

Absolution’s story was met with extreme criticism from the franchise fans. Not willing to repeat their past mistakes, IOI didn’t, doesn’t and won’t ever make a sequel to Absolution’s story. Period.

1 Like

They don’t need to. They didn’t make a sequel to Blood Money’s story either, which never had a genuine resolution. Hence why WoA is a “soft” reboot: the previous story happened, but let’s move past that and focus on a new story that started sometime afterward. It’s not expunging any of these events from 47’s life; between C47 and BM, how many times did he walk away from ICA, his life as a killer, and decide to make decisions for himself… before doing it all again in Absolution, and then doing it all again in WoA? Rather, it’s just moving past these individual chapters into the next chapter of his life, allowing all of them to be referenced at will in future stories if they wish. That’s what makes an entry canon.

Anyway, damn me and my pedantic insistence, I’m derailing yet another thread by defending Absolution. Back to ETA talk.

8 Likes

Some people might want me to shoot me for that, but sometimes I wish ETA got multiple/escalating complications back now that they’re optional. Most of the new H2 and H3 tracks feel samey due to target reuse and the order of targets seem arbitrary pretty much all the time. A lot of complications don’t feel that substantial on their own, and after some time stages after the first one in a track often don’t bring much surprises since both the targets and the complication are already known in advance.
Players who simply want to play the ETs or just get the new unlocks/challenges checked off and be done with it could ignore extra complications, since ideally they’d be purely optional.

And while I’m here, I’ve been wondering whether a complication of an additional NPC being a target could be a good complication. So for example you’d have to kill both the Politician and her body double or the Revolutionary and his camera man. Though I could see a problem of communicating to the player who to kill without instinct/map markers when the NPC isn’t super distinct in their appearance, which could be a big limitation.

1 Like