Equipment for Hitman VR for PC

any idea what equipment we will need for this?

A SteamVR compatible headset and a pc that can run the game probably.

It will most propably use SteamVR as a base, so everything compatible with that. Which is, to my knowledge, every HMD out there except of course for those phone-only things.

PC VR will be available for all HITMAN 3 owners when Year 2 begins on January 20. Full details on supported hardware will be revealed here on the blog before launch.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-year-2-reveal/

I hope the market for used VR sets exists in Russia, donā€™t thing it makes sense to get a new one :joy:

If you donā€™t have a Quest VR yet and plan on getting one, Iā€™d advise making a new Facebook profile, something like ā€œ(Bla Bla) Gamingā€, then never use it or post anything on it. This way, if you have nothing on your account - nobody can report you for anything for any reason, and end up bricking your headset. It seems like a very nice VR hs, but a :poop: privacy violating policy.

Iā€™m looking to get more information as well. The Oculus are 3-$400, and then needing a gaming PC. What are some good intro PCā€™s out there? Iā€™m coming from console but would definitely invest in Hitman VR given the opportunity.

I think weā€™re still waiting for IOI to tell us what hardware will be required. They said theyā€™d put something on their blog ā€œprior to releaseā€ on the 20th. Not sure if that means that theyā€™ll update today or tomorrow or the morning of the 20th.

I have an Oculus Quest 2 and a decent enough PC (8 core, 40GB memory, Nvidia GPU) to run it so Iā€™m hopeful that I will be able to play in PC VR without any issues.

1 Like

Thatā€™s an unusual amount of RAM. What are you running that didnā€™t see you end up at either 32GB or 64GB?

I have an MSI Trident that came with 1 of 2 memory slots filled with an 8GB memory chip. I just added a 32GB chip into the other slot to total 40GB. I was actually surprised that the computer supported that, but it works well enough. If I ever do need to upgrade further, Iā€™ll just replace the 8GB chip with another 32GB one to total 64GB.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1483885506178039810

I donā€™t have to buy another copy of the game! Woot, woot!

2 Likes

so ya not getting it on steam?

Not if I donā€™t have to, no. The store I buy a game from makes no difference to me.

1 Like

To be honest thereā€™d be no reason to make it steam exclusive, as epic and apparently gamepass games can make use of steamvr.

Quick question here. Is it possible to play contracts mode in VR?

Itā€™s possible on PS, so Iā€™d assume that it should be possible on PC too.

2 Likes

Wait, was this ever in doubt?! I would have been outraged if the Epic version turned out to be inferior!

Good to have it confirmed, anyway.

I donā€™t think it was in doubt for the Epic version but it certainly was with the Gamepass version. Many games in recent times on PC Gamepass have been weird Frankenstein builds, with them being either severely outdated builds or missing features at random.

2 Likes

Yes I hope the shipping will be well done for HITMAN 3. Gamepass games are UWP applications, while games in general are most of the time Win32 applications. Microsoft is going to change its approach, because the UWP model has not been successful for gaming.

1 Like

PC VR Minimum Specs

• CPU: Intel 6-core i7-8700 / AMD Ryzen 7 2700
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2060 Super / AMD 5700XT

When using the minimum specs for VR, we expect HITMAN 3 to run consistently at 90FPS with settings set to ā€˜lowā€™ or ā€˜offā€™ on lower-end headsets.

PC VR Supported Platforms
After the 3.100 patch on 20 January 2022, HITMAN 3 will support VR on all PC platforms that the game is available. In short, itā€™s the game that allows you to play in VR, not the platform.

Whether you play HITMAN 3 on Steam, Epic Games Store or Windows PC (Microsoft Store), including PC Game Pass, HITMAN VR will be available to you on our supported hardware.

PC VR Supported Hardware

Supported Headsets
Valve Index + any SteamVR Controller
Oculus Quest 2 with Oculus Link + Quest 2 Controller
Oculus Quest + Oculus Rift Controller
Oculus Rift S + Oculus Rift S Controller
Oculus Rift + Oculus Rift Controller
HTC Vive + any SteamVR Controller
HTC Vive Pro + any SteamVR Controller
HTC Vive Pro Eye + any SteamVR Controller
HTC Vive Cosmos + any SteamVR Controller
HTC Vive Cosmos Pro + any SteamVR Controller

Supported SteamVR Controllers
Valve Index (Knuckle) Controllers
Vive Cosmos Controllers

Not-supported SteamVR Controllers that work with HITMAN VR
HTC Vive Controller
HTC Vive Pro Controller
Note: These controllers are listed as ā€˜not-supportedā€™ because they may not offer the best experience but have been through functionality testing and are not likely cause crashes or other severe issues.

Not-supported Hardware
HP Reverb G2 Headset

2 Likes