Escalation - The Baskerville Barney (4 Feb)

Urgh, played some more and I hate this Escalation, second worst ever only to The Mallory Misfortune for me. It’s totally as the result of me not being very good at the game and especially Suit Only jobbies that require high stealth and accurate shooting for the chandelier kills, but I really like most Escalations and this one is killing me.

Actually going to admit defeat and wait for someone to put up an Baskerville Barney Easy Method For N00bs video. You’ve beaten me, H3.

2 Likes

I actually got SA with this strategy. The tracker’s red because one of the Carlisles spotted me because master assassin Agent 47 likes to spin people around to punch them in the face instead of subduing them from behind like I want him to do. But the tracker went back to green after I detonated the propane flask.

(I also had to knock out a bunch of guards and housekeepers so they wouldn’t spot me dragging the Carlisle family across the house.)

2 Likes

I didn’t :wink: except for ones that were tied to unlocks

This one wasn’t though.

I can’t play any HIII escalations anyways. My game releases in 2022 :frowning:
I had the chance to explore the main missions at a mate, but I won’t bother him for every small escalation lol

1 Like

You’d need to use the sieker, maybe bring a Kalmer so you get 1 more spare ammo and for the other 2 see where they get their drinks and use rat poison.
Although the closet in the bathroom will get a little crowded and you’ll need to get rid of bodies somehow lol.(Would be hard to time though).
p.s. i think the dinner bell could be useful.

I’m enjoying this escalation and the others from deluxe edition closer to the first games sensations when you don’t have opportunities.

My idea kinda worked from the beginning and it was just a matter of adjusting the following targets, so I enjoyed this escalation a lot!
This was actually the first timed escalation from one target to another that worked well for me without frustration

ur gonna be mad with the simplicity. Didn’t bother trimming the video at all, so skip the first 20 seconds or so.

7 Likes

The Rapid Elimination was the most frustrating part. I’m pretty sure it’s possible to kill them all with the right timing and gunshot distractions.

Unfortunately, I not a speed runner and was always pretty terrible at hitting the chains holding the chandeliers. So, I used the trusted and tried knock-out & body pile method. To my credit I’ve to say that I only needed to knock out to the couple and the other female family member. The two remaining guys I was able to kill by shooting the chandeliers at the right moment.

2 Likes

Thanks @thrison, amazing stuff! Imagined this would have to be either the kind of run-and-gun thing that I’m simply not good enough at, or a tedious KO-fest with many restarts for getting spotted knocking out my last family member target 20 mins into a run.

Thanks so much, I wouldn’t have solved the puzzle by myself!

2 Likes

No worries.

Not sure why, but my mind went straight to the chandeliers even at Level 1 - so I didn’t have any nightmares with this one at all. It felt like it was the “right” answer since they’re all so close to them.

1 Like

lvl 1 SA 0:44

lvl 3 SA 1:54

Lvl 2 is the same so I dont record it. :grinning:

6 Likes

I am not a speedrunner by any means but this one certainly incentivizes you to make a “route” like a speedrunner would. I thought it was an interesting challenge though, and the targets are really lined up for you to do one and then another (without calling the meeting anyway, which I didn’t do).

Funny that some just knocked them all out and did it at once though. :rofl:

1 Like

I liked this one. Usually rapid streak isn’t my cup of tea, but in this one it worked well and gave just enough challenge. The others were obvious enough with chandeliers, but I didn’t think of the window in the dining room so I just poisoned Edward’s coffee and drowned him. Only one KO needed too and even that wasn’t really necessary. :smiley:

Well damn reading through this thread makes me realize how overcomplicated I made this for myself.

1 Like

Details plz.­­­­­­­­­­­­

Well, I dunno how to explain it, it got more easy when I started using the tranq but before I just couldn’t wrap my head around it. I also have a bad habit of continuously trying a bad strat until it hopefully works, and I just get stumped.

2 Likes

Level 3 SA - 1:17 (current #1 on leaderboard)

13 Likes

I couldn’t even pull off what you did in the video, somehow I killed a non-target NPC :grimacing: :joy:, I think I use too much time aiming on the second light chandelier…

Edit.

It looked really easy when you did it, I think my nerves gets a breakdown everytime I play someting with timer on it. :woozy_face:

One word: Superhuman :grinning: (all of you speedrunners are superhumans in my eyes).