Everything Star Wars v2

No matter how you look at it, comparing criticism to that of the Holocaust is insane notion. It directly plays into the growing problem we today face today from the alt-right/far right. In a time where fake news is used to discard reality, lessening the reality of the actions of Nazis and many other far right extremist groups. “Normalising” far right believes through propaganda.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences. Which is exactly what happened on multiple occasions regarding Gina Carano. It’s not just her comments on Trans people, calling Covid-19 a hoax and her downplaying the Holocaust. It’s all extremely dangerous line of thought that have given rise of the Far Right once again.

You can be damn sure, I would and many others would be fired for spreading Far Right propaganda and rightfully so.

Also to stop this debate dead in it’s tracks before it continues.

• This forum doesn’t exist for users to come and declare weather or not downplaying the Holocaust is alright.
7 Likes

I guess i just don’t agree with the interpretation of that post that referenced the holocaust. My takeaway was that she was calling out people who instantly write off anyone who voices a political opinion they disagree with (I’m guilty of this myself, but it also works in the other direction). Obviously the situation is very different from the holocaust, but the Nazi regime would’ve never gotten the otherwise average citizens on board without this process of getting people to view them as the other, as less than human, as part of some vague group that you can start to ascribe blame for domestic issues, ill intent, etc.

If anything, I’m more incensed by the covid-related post of hers I read, as there’s so much misinformation floating around and it’s having a direct impact on the response to the pandemic.

All in all, I’m just sad to see that our options in America seem to be narrowing down to censorship from our unaccountable corporate overlords or mob rule via Twitter. I was getting ready to dig deeper into that one, but we’re getting further and further from the topic so i digress.

1 Like

It wasn’t makeup, but deep fake with a bit of CGI. It wasn’t as impressive, but keep in mind that it’s a tv-show and for me it was serviceable.

1 Like

No that one was CGI, also a larger budget.

I heard a lot of people were upset by Luke’s cameo, but I thought they did well. I’ve seen big budget movies with worse cgi (Justice League, anyone?) and it was nice to see his character treated right. The sequel movies really didn’t put in enough effort to sell his transition to grumpy old bastard effectively.

1 Like

I always thought Leia and Tarkin in Rogue One was excellent. For a sneak peak into how much budget and man power went into that you can check out this 5 min clip. It is an extra feature of Rogue One. A few years later when The Irishman was made, the production people for that movie called Lucasfilm to help make DeNiro and Pesci look like their former selfs using the same technology.

4 Likes

@Norseman

3 Likes

The 20th Anniversary of RoTS will be a bigger deal atleast for me :upside_down_face: I like getting old.

1 Like

16 more years and Star Wars will be 50 years old. I bet that will be a HUGE PARTY

2 Likes

Special Special Edition :thinking:

In 3 Years Godzilla will turn 70 Years old…

2 Likes

So the Disney+ Versions?

2 Likes

I made a terrible joke but you had to cross the line, dont you

1 Like

This time they will change it so no one shot first cause it turns out Rodians have feelings too.

2 Likes

That’s insane the 2002 is only 10 years ago.

Unpopular Opinion:
I honestly believe that only the 9 Skywalker Saga films are canon to the Star Wars Universe.

Strange to consider that when the whole Force Ghost voice thing from Rise of Skywalker easily would debunk that opinion.

1 Like

The cast for the new Obi-Wan Kenobi series

Hmmm, I spy with my little eye… :thinking:

7 Likes

This show is the reason I’m alive, I can’t wait for the amount of sass this show will have.

7 Likes