Featured Contracts August 25th, 2022 - Flower Power

There are no contracts in this batch that have even a single Any Disguise, 2 require Suit tho

Exactly. Stop telling me what to wear!

1 Like

I thought the HB one was any disguise? May be wrong though

2 Likes

Oh yeah, my badā€¦ HB has 2 disguises as a whole anyway and you can only start in suit so idk

3 Likes

I really enjoyed all the contracts this month.

Fantastic picks all around.

5 Likes

felt like posting freezeā€™s rant here. there is some iffy aspects to his rant

4 Likes

I could be wrong, but isnā€™t the purpose of a how-to Youtube Channel to explain things? If a contract was a walk-in-the-park by being an easy, unrestricted contract, someone would not need a video anyway?

Btw what are the speedrunner tricks in this batch? I am a bit out of the loop.

4 Likes

I have to agree at least in part. There are contracts that seemingly require using gun lures, bullet tricks, shooting NPCs in the leg, or some other glitch that makes them not very fun for players that canā€™t, or wonā€™t, use those tricks.

I know that Iā€™ve watched the video a couple times showing the technique for drowning the hippie and I still donā€™t quite get what is being done. I just popped him in the head with a pistol and moved on, to be honest.

6 Likes

Yes, but thereā€™s a difference between a ā€œwalk-in-the-parkā€ contract and one that requires esoteric knowledge that a casual (or non-expert even) player wouldnā€™t know.

As an example, some time ago there was a featured contract that required a food kill. The player not only had to know that you could kill a target with food, but exactly how to do it. What precise combination of pistol shots on what part of the body in addition to the apple killed the target? That isnā€™t knowledge that a YouTube walkthrough should have to go into in order to complete a contract.

A walkthrough can explain where in the level an item is, what route an NPC takes, which specific bottle to poison, etcā€¦ it shouldnā€™t have to explain esoteric tactics and minutia.

4 Likes

There are 2 methods to drown him, if you had an headache with one, you could always use the other:

Credit to Taiwan Gaming on YT for the 2nd Method, I saw it in his vid.

• Kill the Sniper Target
  • Shoot down the Dorian plants
  • Acquire at least 1 Dorian (you need 1 for the kill, any more of those is a benefit)
  • place a firearm on the ground and get the hippie to spot it (make sure his friend isnā€™t the one seing it)

At this point Torres is walking towards the pirate guards at the checkpoint near by

• throw the Dorian next to Torres as soon as he stops talking to the guard

And he walks towards a toilet

• Lure the Hippie to the rope bridge
  • break the floor panel using a crowbar
  • Lure the Hippie onto it

As he falls in the panel it counts as a drowning kill, somehow.

3 Likes

Thanks for explaining that! It was difficult to see on the video just what was being done (donā€™t know if there was narration though as I watched it without speakers plugged in).

1 Like

I am aware, but this rant read like this is the case in this specific batch. :joy:

I think if performing the trick is not requiring tight timing and allows a bit sloppyness, then the trick can be shown even if being esoteric. I am against food kill featured contracts, but telling ā€œshoot n times with pistol x into legā€ is doable, especially if the video shows where to get the target to have zero danger of being seen.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think FCs need ā€œtutorialsā€ (other than awful shticky kills not everyone may know about, ahm Vatican Privilege ahm), most FCs have simple enough requirements and players should figure out how to complete these by themselves, and if they struggle with the contract, they should just either keep going till they manage to SA the contract, or, if they donā€™t care about SA, just Any% the contract, or, and this is an insane idea, move on and do some stuff that they actually enjoy doing, I skipped ETs that I donā€™t care about because Iā€™m not a ā€œbig fanā€ of ETs anyway, so I truly believe that players that donā€™t enjoy contracts as much as I do move on (and I had enjoyed some of the contracts here and itā€™s annoying that players just call the FCs ā€œBaDā€ without even playing any of the contracts).

Wow, Iā€™m sorry for my own rant.

But really, we had 3 ET reactivitions this month and a batch of ETA, and still people go on to complain about the single batch of contracts that we had at the very end of the month, let us, the players that enjoy contracts mode and FCs enjoy our contracts without constantly complaining, Iā€™ve waited for the entire month, and while itā€™s far away from perfect, Iā€™m satisfied.

Torres Piombo (Ambrose) - Drowning - I just wrote a really long post explaining 2 methods to kill him, itā€™s a complicated kill but not a ā€œSpeedrunner Trickā€ as Freeze says.

Angelina Kleiner (Hokkaido) - Any Method - Itā€™s a Sniper contract while having Any Method kills, and she is very challenging to kill with a sniper, but I donā€™t think that she is as hard with a different kill method, not doing it with a Sniper.

Yeah, I canā€™t think of anything else, and the 2nd one doesnā€™t even really count, itā€™s pretty much Piombo that was a hussle to kill, anything else was fine, peeps like to complain about everything.

5 Likes

I agree, telling people how to kill with an apple is definitely not a speedrunning trick and should be %100 suitable content for a youtube tutorial.

I donā€™t think anything in the contracts given depended on 1 out of 99 random luck like putting a taser on birds or something insane like that.

I really donā€™t get Mr Freeze rant other than he has run out of patience for figuring this stuff out. Because none of it was the latter example.

1 Like

What a pathetic post. He somehow goes from complaining about featured contracts with ā€œrequiredā€ speedrunning tricks, to moaning about Year 2 in general, to moaning about having to MAKE this content in the first place. What does that say about a person who spends all his time moaning about the lack of content to make guides on and thus get views and keep his channel alive, then when heā€™s given content that yes, can be tricky for casual players, but are totally feasible with a little bit of patience and puzzle-solving, he moans and moans about being burdened with this content and his channel, implying that his own viewers are at fault for requesting that content in the first place?

I admit that some contracts, namely The Durian of Dorian Grey, and Withering of the Fallen Sakura, were initially slightly frustrating for me, but it didnā€™t take me too long to get a couple of simple SAs by 1: having the hippie go across the bridge by himself when he feels sick after the bio-chemist does, thus you can lure him onto that panel with a coin when he goes back across, and 2: knocking out the entire staff room by the bathroom and luring the targets in there. Neither of them needed any special tricks, and both of them I figured out in 5 minutes. If the man is so lazy that he didnā€™t figure any tricks out, or was so condescending that he assumed it wasnā€™t simple enough for his viewers, then leave it be. Donā€™t take it out on the community and the company when the company showcases the creativity and enthuasiasm of their productā€™s community in a way that isnā€™t profitable to yourself.

Iā€™m sorry, but this post caught me in a bad mood. :triumph:

9 Likes

donā€™t forget he looked up under age girls im sorry about this but i donā€™t support the guy

5 Likes

Itā€™s weird to see what the people in the comments are saying too. FCs are contracts that FANS make in a puzzle game that the Company that makes the game feature as added puzzles. Having some of them be brain twisters makes sense. I donā€™t just want to be that guy that says ā€œdonā€™t play it if you donā€™t like itā€ but this isnā€™t the kind of content you can use the ā€œif they werenā€™t making this they could be making new sandbox levelsā€ argument on. Itā€™s fan made content. Not a lot of game developers do cool stuff like that, so, yeah, jeez guys come on calm down.

9 Likes

Itā€™s so obvious that he doesnā€™t make this content out of enjoyment, or duty, or professionalism, or anything other than monetization. Challenges are low-effort, high-view videos, and featured contracts are slightly-more-effort, low-to-mid view videos, so of course heā€™s gonna complain on those points. Heā€™s such a fraud.

9 Likes

i 100% agree with you

1 Like

I second everything you said. I enjoy the contracts that are brain teasers. Yes, there are some that are frustrating, or others that use tricks, but they have not been using exploits or glitches. If they were, then I could understand.

I even feel like he complained about my contract (that he did do a video for) because it had a (generous) time limit. My contract is vanilla as it comes, can be completed without trespassing (only if you want to go to the penthouse) and a couple of enforcers, you have to have some challenge.

1 Like