Featured Contracts

Yeah that one is a dumpster fire.

4 Likes

3:07 on the new Fall of the Carlisle’s contract. Obviously not the “intended” way of completing it but a fun one to try and speed run.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the fastest way. I enjoyed launching her into the creek. Sieker both guards so she goes far, far away :rofl:

1 Like

The last part shows me finishing Fall of the Carlisle’s. Can’t really call it a speed run tho. However, a pretty ez method if you practice it enough times.

1 Like

Playing through Peak Ingenuity and Daily Exercise 47: Berlin Run

1 Like

Played through featured contracts All Gone, Screwy’s and Lazy.
Enjoyed em :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

Working on getting SA on (food kill :poop: contract) Gluttonous Greed.

Edit: 4 shots to the shins for both food kill targets. KO them first to make it way easier.

Janus needs 2 muffins, then the apple.
Mrs. Wilson just 1 apple.

Looking forward to the speedrun community featured contracts. I hope they do implement a mandatory time limit. At least one that is still manageable for most players. Otherwise i dont see myself hurrying the contracts. I do play pretty slow normaly.

Just watching Yannini the other day was already stressful enough for me.
Hats off to the guys though, i could never do what they are doing.

2 Likes

Yeah, 10 secs mandatory would be just perfect contract

3 Likes

If there are mandatory time limits then those will be contracts I’ll likely never play.

6 Likes

Even if you can make it with a few tries?
Im not a fan of contracts on a timer as well, but if they‘re not to complex i can deal with 3 of those once in a while.

Time restrictions go against the Hitman experience IMHO.

3 Likes

It’s a personal hang-up of mine but I hate timers. If a game I play has a timer, one of the first things I will do is figure out how to turn it off. Admittedly, sometimes I just live with it, but the timer totally ruins any enjoyment for the level that I may have.

1 Like

Nice to hear!

There won’t be. Routing is one of the things most speedrunners really enjoy, and we hate silly complications.

Depends on how they are implemented. Hitman is a puzzle game after all.

Good example was a sapi contract from urben, where you had to kill Franny with a pistol as the Detective, and it had a time limit of around 6 minutes. Meaning if you went for the story opportunity and wake the detective up for a meetup at the pier, you would be just running out of time. So you had to find another way.

10 Likes

Correct. But most are implemented without any puzzle at all.

Just, eh I did it in 3:53 or 16:20. Time limit wooooooo0000.

Urben gets a pass and knows how to create contracts.

Was playing a few old featured contracts. As I already finished them all SA in H2, I decided to try some stuff this time around. Wanted to KO everyone in Mumbai except the targets. But got bored after a little bit over 3 hours. So here are my stats:

Yep, that’s 3575 xp just from Takedowns. That’s 143 KO’s. And still SA.

5 Likes

Thanks for all your work @Count.Rushmore, it doesn’t go unnoticed.

3 Likes

@David_Spafford Hey man, I am moving the conversation to this thread to keep the other thread on topic.

I don’t have a video as I am not a content creator, but @ColdDayInHell did a similar strategy when we were going through the legacy FCs at the beginning of the year. We discussed it earlier in this thread.

Like I said, my strategy was similar to his video. Don’t bother with the stairs, it is not consistent and with the timing and window for emetics for the tech and Novikov’s guard, you’ll get frustrated. I’ve seen other speed run videos to get him to stay on the second floor before he descends the main stairs, but I am not a speed runner and didn’t attempt that.

I saved poor Viktor for last, and I get him outside with the fireworks. Use a Seiker round on the guard, and lure Viktor to the balcony upstairs (my preferred lure is the ICA Flash phone). The attendant in the room didn’t see me, though you may need to bullet lure him out of the room as results may vary (shoot ceiling above him once).

Hopefully this helps, I have included ColdDayInHell’s video as a reference so you don’t have to search for it.

2 Likes

Those goddamn capture artifacts have gotten better.

Fall Season 2020…

I always killed Helmut first because I always seemed to be spotted by guards.

Hey, thanks fellow Canadian! I can do them all but Novikov of Fall Seasons Preview. It never worked for me… Neither the speedrunning approach (where you take out Novikov first) or this version where you lure him to the back stairs. I will trythe ColdDayInHell approach. Looks like it is more doable than the other approaches.

The other legacy feature contract I have to do from Hitman 2 is Houdini’s Great Escape. All other timed missions I can do in time. This one is pretty tight.

I’ve made it in time with the electrocution phone in Hitman 2. Is it still doable in your opinion in Hitman 3? Is it easy to time a balcony push for an accident kill rather than the electrocution phone? I’ve found that the timing issue is difficult on PS4 console, where it is hard to take out the cameras fast enough.