February Roadmap - Initiation Protocol (2021)

Do we know if the White Shadow will be suspicous everywhere? Or will it count like any other suit? Which would you prefer?

There is no point in a suit unlock if it will call suspicion everywhere you appearing it on.
My opinion

10 Likes

Getting off the bench in Sapienza and everyone is mad at you because you stopped reading the newspaper

21 Likes

I think it would be an interesting feature, as long as it wasn’t categorised as just ‘Suit’ in contracts mode. But reckon it’s highly unlikely it’ll be anything new beyond a cosmetic

2 Likes

The point would be: the challenge.
Some maps have these kind of “always suspicious” outfits already. I’m thinking of the Ninja in Hokkaido, the stalker in Bangkok and the Prisoner in Marrakesh.
Could be nice to build contracts around an “always suspicious suit” you can take with you on every map.

8 Likes

You nailed it, my man. At the moment we have more than 10 snipers, half of them are loud, and the other half are silenced

Yes, but they are disguises, not a default suits. That’s the difference

3 Likes

which is why it would be interesting to have a loadout suit that actually functions differently to the other ones

2 Likes

Maybe. But I don’t think it will be the case.
We’ll see in a whle either way

1 Like

I’m starting to wonder if the only change to the Elusive Targets will be that there aren’t any unlocks for completing them. They moved most of the gloved suit versions into the mastery track rewards. The blurb on the loading screen in Hitman 3 still implies time limited, one-time only play. There’s been no mention of what the actual changes to the “ET Formula” are. Unless they’re adding something entirely new, I don’t see what else it could be right now other than no unlockable items for completing the ETs.

3 Likes

Why god why? We had a deal that the others get fucked, not me.

6 Likes

It would first require that the game acknowledges different models of “suit”. It currently doesn’t distinguish between “Cowboy” and “Blood Money with driving gloves”. Suit condition is all suits.

This differentiation between different models was offen requested by fans for individual pistols or shotguns requirements, melee items etc, but wasn’t implemented. There isn’t even a difference betwen supressed/loud. So chances are probaböy 0 they will do that for suits :wink:

1 Like

they absolutely wouldnt, but they could. we already have loadout suits with different functions. clown 47 can use the clown bat legally while other suits cant, themed suits cant use the tango exit with diana, so it wouldnt be entirely unprecedented

4 Likes

The game does acknowledge different models of suit. H2 showed that with the Bucareer having no enforcers in Mumbai and tresspasses in the Sapienza church. Or H1 showed it in early days when there was no generic “Suit” disguise restriction.

Either disguises have a “is suit” method (that faulty suits lack) or the list of disguises that are a suit (that does not include faulty suits) is iterated all the time.

6 Likes

I think the main point is not that it’s impossible, just why would they do it?

Whether it was a bug or not, at least the Bucaneer had an upside (No enforcers) to go with the downside (more trespassing zones)

If they release a new outfit and everywhere is trespassing/hostile in it: 1) Unless they intentionally make it its own suit in contracts, absolutely nothing in the game would require a player to wear this particular suit, so then they’d just wear one that doesn’t make everything 4x harder, 2) particularly 'cause it’s paid content if it’s a really cool looking suit there’d be too much outrage from people who go “Well I paid for this suit and it looks really cool, but I can’t wear it because it makes me hostile on all contracts and missions”

Would be a cool idea for a non-paid H3 suit to be tresspassing and distinct in Contracts mode though, that way everyone can use it and there wouldn’t be outrage that they paid for something that makes the game harder

8 Likes

They should have “The Illegal Suit (with Gloves). Just the signature suit but covered in splatters of Blood.

3 Likes

People, are you aware most of the suit starting points are in the public areas, surrounded by NPCs? You’d get immediately spotted if such “always hostile” suit existed :thinking:

7 Likes

Most, but not all. Small part of the puzzle of the “suspicious suit” contracts would be which starting location is best suited for a hostile infiltration.

Off the top of my head for H1 maps: the barge in Paris, the ruins and the morgue in Sapienza, the school alley in Morocco, 47’s suite in Bangkok, the morgue or 47’s room in Hokkaido. In H2, Miami’s Dolphin fountain and Colombia’s & Whittleton’s bus stops are far enough away from most NPC’s. The overpass or some other quiet corner in Mumbai, the top of the keep or even the boat arrival in Sgail.

Also, people who love an “all hells breaks loose” kind of vibe could simply take a shortcut and start with that kind of suit in the middle of a crowd.

It would just add a choice and a challenge. Don’t see how anyone stand to lose anything with this idea. But like Kevin said, it shouldn’t be linked to a Deluxe unlock.

The Absolution-kimono made me think of another suit that could have a neat tweak: no inventory. 47 can only use whatever he has, visibly, in his hands. Could also make for interesting puzzle-creation.

7 Likes

you mean like with loud weapons? they’re there to diversify your playstyle.

if you dont want to be trespassing in a public area, wear one of the other 50 suits. if you’re using one of the default starts with a hostile suit then chances are you dont care about being spotted anyway

1 Like

They can be indirectly mandated in contracts by using up inventory slots or combining complications with starting disguises that can’t bring briefcases. They’re also used for escalations like BigMooney Flamboyancy, Yuuma Tenacity and that other shotgun Miami one