First Impressions and Small Details

I like to think 47 just didn’t pack enough suits so when he rushed to Berlin he found out he didn’t have a lot to wear so he went and nicked Grey’s clothes

1 Like

Poor guy just gets his memories and emotions back and WHAM! Dead brother

6 Likes

He picked the wrong week to give up not having emotions.

3 Likes

Is it just coincidence that the games closing cinematic has 47 about to go on an uphill snow run just like the first trailer for H2016 ?

1 Like

Most likely not just like how the sun rising at the end of The Carpathians is most likely intentional. Also a book end since the first real level (Paris) begins at dusk and the last real level (Romania) ends at dawn (or night if you count the tutorials which also makes in no coincidence)

5 Likes

Nah, it’s the ICA fuck cabin they were sent to after the training level :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Before I click the link this is gonna he business and then pleasure isn’t it?

Also I heard there’s a bug where the artic rifle has wallbanging, is that true?

1 Like

Did you want challenges like shoot all the pigeons or kill/pacify X NPCs with Y item back? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Of course not lol those were filler.
But I would like more assassination challenges please​:pray::pray:

1 Like

No but I’d like some like “complete SASO on Master, no evidence, etc.” Or playstyle challenges. Or challenges that involve killing the targets with chandeliers or whatever. Stuff we do regularly that all of a sudden doesn’t earn challenges.

1 Like

Also holy shit guys you can now change ammo type in main levels with the artic sniper. I just tested it

9 Likes

You can complete the level once and not have to do the core again.

IO please don’t remove this :pray:. Pretty please.

1 Like

Most likely. He was in the CICADA uniform and needed some civilian clothes. And he never had sentiments about taking clothes from the dead people :stuck_out_tongue:

Just watched a story-based playthrough on YT. Ugh, w/o spoiling anything I will just say it continues this trilogy’s trend of fanfiction-level story beats. It feels at times like a straight up teen spy novel (edit: and parts of both Hitman movies, which is weird because it’s in this franchise’s best interest to stay as far away as possible from those). Granted, Hitman generally isn’t known for its story but after several games and 2 decades, characters have already been established and here it feels like they’re all acting very… well, off-character. There’s one sequence in particular that actually made me think they were just checking off a list of Hollywood clichés to fulfill. I just wanna be a contract killer in these games again, please.

3 Likes

There’s things I could niggle for sure , it skewed very very bond,even further than I anticipated. Though I don’t hate it. Would I like a comprehensive train level one day ? Or course. This just whet my appetite. One that’s at the scope of some of the other levels , wider carriages maybe, some double decker? You can pose as a waiter and carry things on the tray or cart( perfect kind of level to being that stuff back for)? With more short cuts and secrets, characters and carts? (Ticket inspector etc, the detective thing could have worked really well on the train) . Changing weather form haven in such a level with a storm, and tunnels. Nice to imagine one day :crossed_fingers:.

I enjoyed the train we got though and replaying the older levels in the new one and the new levels I’m still struck how this whole thing is (on the whole) so slick, & with the headphones the sound design is really good.

I cannot bring myself to shoot the sleeping homeless guy so kill everyone run might be a no go in china

2 Likes

One of the pre-launch articles from a gaming site said there was a movie made which showed season 1 and 2 as a recap… but in the game all I saw was a brief clip of white text on a black background; did I miss something?

1 Like

The main function of a Hitman story is to allow for interesting levels and gameplay, in my opinion, which I think H3 did better than the other two games. I think the writers are just having a hard time structuring a narrative where a) there’s only two or three important characters that don’t die, and b) our protagonist must consistently travel to a place to kill someone and do very little else. There’s not time or opportunity for 47 to have substantial character development or introspection, so we need schlock elements like memory wipes and secret siblings to justify him caring about the narrative beyond who he’s been paid to kill.

2 Likes

Slow burn, 20 years of what turns out to be mutual pining, and practice makes absolutely bone-meltingly perfect :wink:

So, basically what H3 gave us, with a kick at the end.

Animations come at a cost. Realistic animations, means time out of the players hands to watch an animation run its course.

Hence why IOI has 47 heaving 200+ lb unconscious NPCs into a box within a split second. A realistic animation of someone lifting an NPC into a box would have 47 wincing and puffing, like an Olympic Weightlifter carrying out a Clean-and-Jerk.

Instead 47 picks up and drops 200lb+ NPCs like he is picking up clothes off the floor and throwing them into a dirty laundry pile.

If you played the latest Assassins Creed, Valhalla, the long animations look nice, but feels janky,

Combat becomes all about timing of when to initiate a long animation sequence, which has to run its time course, before initiating another long animation sequence.

3 Likes