First Impressions and Small Details

My first impression of the game overall is that it reminds me a lot more the past games that I feel in love with and I wish this had been the starting point in 2016. As great as H16 and H2 are, there was always something missing, something always kept me from truly falling in love with the new titles. H3 delivered on these aspects and reminded me of what imagined the H16 and H2 was going to be like. My favourite level will hands down end up being Berlin.

I created a user review thread, where you can share your H3 reviews and read my more in depth thoughts of the game.

5 Likes

Hitman 3 was great, no doubt. But there was a feeling and a passion in playing H1 that I was unable to feel it in next two games. Have you felt it too?

2 Likes

before h2 and h3 releases one could have hoped for all the wanted features to make a comeback, for example. right now it’s obvious that won’t be the case and so is any changes to contracts mode etc. i can’t feel the passion in h3 because it’s not available to play at the moment :confused:

Anyone found Jason Portman yet :grinning:

1 Like

This loser didn’t like it.

I seriously have zero explanation as to why all of the Absolution’s animations are not in the new games. They were so good. I especially miss syringe stealth takedowns.

4 Likes

General reminder if you want to go off on a tangent, you should create a linked topic.

6 Likes

With regards to the Classics challenges: did they remove difficulty specific challenges? I can’t see them anywhere. A bit of a shame really!

The cabin is haunted by the spectre of sex and she feels a half-held breath of expectation and inevitability.

“They want us to have sex” he says, interrupting her thoughts.

“Yes”, she replies

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

yeah, they did. i guess it’s to make completing all the challenges a bit more accessible, which is no bad thing.

that doesn’t make sense. why would they want it to be easier to 100% the game? there weren’t any complaints about that anywhere

what doesn’t make sense exactly?

edit: hold on, i getcha now.

for starters, accessibility and difficulty are two different things.

regardless, making 100% challenge completion more accessible means more people will likely spend the time trying to do it, meaning more active and engaged users.

changes aren’t only made because people complain. io have plenty of data from their always online guff. maybe they saw that relatively few people bothered with the master difficulty classics. if there were a lot of people completing them, it wouldn’t make much sense to remove them, no?

this is all supposition, mind, but i can’t think of a better explanation (happy to be corrected tho :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:).

1 Like

To answer your second question: yes, ICA Arctic now has wall-bang feature, and it makes me regret it was my only item I haven’t unlocked in H2.

4 Likes

is it not unlockable in h3?

It is, but you need to reach full mastery on Crime and Punishment, which I was avoiding for the longest time. Also, if you want to unlock it now, you need to have Golden edition of H2, or wait until IOI will be able to allow owners of H2 play levels in H3 for free (like with H1).

2 Likes

ah cool. guess that’ll be my next goal :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Nothing can replace that feeling of playing Paris (and secondly Sapienza) for the first time in Hitman2016.

It was the prototypes which IOI had worked on which set up how they would design the Trilogy.

It occurred to me then, wow. This is my kind of game.

6 Likes

Exactly. Especially those two. Playing them for the first time felt heaven.

I was getting far from the franchise, because of Absolution and the delay after Absolution. But these two did something remarkable.

1 Like

IOI knew what elements from Blood Money they needed to bring into Hitman2016, and how to create the ultimate Hitman Trilogy, a game plan that was executed with hard work in putting together Paris and Sap. mostly in 2014 and 2015.

The issue for IOI wasn’t that they didn’t have a game plan, it was Squexit, their funder pulling out on them before Hitman2016 was finished. The Hitman Trilogy is a come-back story for IOI. Project 007 will likely bring IOI the most notoriety because it is less of a niche product than Hitman. IOI doesn’t have the same constraints on Project 007 in terms of gameplay. You really can’t effectively go gun wild in Hitman, but with Project 007, IOI can introduce the gadgets, the stealth and most importantly, lots of guns and explosives.

3 Likes