Freelancer - General Discussion

I donā€™t want to ask what might be a dumb question, but does the contents of the chest replenish every time you return to the safe house? Or is it like a one time reward?

Completed the 100 sniper headshots and the 47 katana kills. Now it feels like Iā€™m just playing to get to the showdowns and fiberwire them. This is going to take a while, and Iā€™m back at work on Monday unfortunately.

This may not be possible.

1 Like

Oh man! I had a level in paris with 3 easy to get objectives and a headshot kill with legendary prestige. Got it all done but decided to rob the museum of a sword and an axe before I left. Lost my gold baller which might have been my last silenced pistol :joy:

I LOVE THIS MODE. Its so fun even when I do dumb shit and lose my stuff.

4 Likes

Find a showdown with easy opportunity and suspect with necklace, kill with fiberwire and close the game when the exit animation starts, do It 25 times

1 Like

Simply false. As Iā€™m 77 or 78 already and thereā€™s people who are level 100. I havenā€™t needed to do whatever glitch you are describing. It takes some time to level up, as with any video game.

Itā€™s only been out a week and weā€™re at the last part of mastery as it is. It seems that you are upset that it takes more than a day to level to max. As I said, if you want to cheat and help others do the same you do you - in this gamemode it affects nobody but yourself.

But itā€™s simply rude to blame the devs and XP length as the reason for your cheating rather than you just want the rewards now without the effort designed by IOI.

Iā€™ll check when I play tomorrow :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you!

The prospect of that chest replenishing like other safehouse items excites the hell out of me tbh haha

1 Like

istg my game LOVES giving me Helen West whenever I pick Whittleton Creek, I donā€™t wanna kill the serial killer grandma for the 5th time :sob:

Maybe Iā€™m missing something, but mathematically I should be right. Iā€™m missing some rewards somewhere? I just seen one screenshoot of mastery 100 in the internet and the author donā€™t want to talk about It, if somebody has hitted mastery 100, just one question, how? Iā€™m farming 8k every 5 minutes but Iā€™m still at 91, the game jump for asking 50k to 150k per level

1 Like

Curious, how long do you play each day? I think I logged at least 12 hours+ each day I played since the update if I can remember correctly. The arms trafficking took me at least 1-2 minutes depending on the targets gaining me around 5k-9k XP. I think alerted territories give double xp? I remember getting around 11k-18k at some point but it could also be challenges or something.

Edit: Gonna also note that I go for the perfect run bonus too and ignore the Hide Target Bodies objective sometimes.

1 Like

You could be right, it could even have been double or triple the amount is currently is. Itā€™s not a race and the unlocks are purely cosmetic and can be done over anytime - or rushed, or cheated or whatever.

The point is your reasoning of blaming the devs for having a substantial levelling tiers for once as why youā€™re glitching.

Usually mastery takes a few hours to complete per map and then thereā€™s nothing to aim for. Freelancer actually has given us something to grind out. You clearly want the rewards of Freelancer, hence your still glitching levels but you refuse to accept the grounds on the time earning them under some arbitrary reason that anything that takes longer than a week to earn is ā€œbroken and impracticableā€.

Thereā€™s a discussion to have on the variety of content and replayability vs the amount of time on the reward system for sure. But letā€™s not kid ourselves that people cheat XP to get the instant gratification of the rewards without the effort.

Perfect Runs (all objectives) gives additional 2500XP for Normal or 4000XP for Hardcore.

1 Like

Stock market definitely a huge riskā€¦

3 Likes

Playing hundreds of hours at the same thing I donā€™t find it an additional value, after 7 days of playing 10 hours a day, the content always becomes the same and at some point I would simply like to have everything unlocked for simple completeness and to move on to something else. After 80 hours of freelancer I would like to move on to something else and if 80 hours are not enough to unlock everything, I find an alternative solution because the rewards are simply not worth the effort, it is a matter of balancing and it is the developersā€™ fault if this is the case. I am convinced that this is an error in the development phases, it is not possible that someone thought ā€œthis shed needs 100 hours of life while this boat needs another 200, letā€™s make itā€, it is objectively unbalanced but if in the mistake you see some long-term entertainment, the better for you. I only see human error and superficiality in quality controls. Developers make mistakes too, and this, like dozens of other things in Freelancer, is one of them.
For example, the fact that out of 3 objectives 4 contradict each other is certainly not part of the experience that the developers wanted to offer, they simply had to pay more attention. They had all the time available, the safehouse was already finished in 2021, this is pure carelessness

3 Likes

The mastery unlocks arenā€™t the grindy part IMO, Iā€™m most of the way through it after only a few days and less than 10 completed campaigns, itā€™s the challenges that are the real grindy part.

Luckily it seems there will be at least one content drop for Freelancer judging by the award shelves for defeating 10 of each syndicate, which will break up a bit of the monotony weā€™ll all develop later into the mode. My actual guess is that there will be 4 content drops for freelancer, with additional minor drops for seasonal decorations. Perhaps there will also be a slight bit more paid content, with new unlockables or a new section of the safehouse potentially.

3 Likes

There is multiple different discussions here:

1 - The levelling is too long (subjective)
2 - The content is samey
3 - Opting to grind 10 hours a day
4 - The actual other issues within Freelancer

You find the levelling too long. Thatā€™s your own personal opinion and patience. You say you want to ā€œmove onā€, yet you also choose to stay and grind for 10 hours a day but act like youā€™re forced to lol. If youā€™re burned out and find it tedious, take a break, return another time. Itā€™s not going away. You just want the rewards now.

In terms of the rewards, they are lackluster but if youā€™ve learned from IOI since Hitman 2016, they tend to do that (Insert purple 2 sticker here). There is fair argument on the rewards given arenā€™t that respectful for the playerā€™s time they are requesting. The content does get repetitive when youā€™re on your 5th campaign - this needs to be improved.

The contradictory objectives needs refocusing I agree. You also have control on the maps and Prestige Objectives to avoid any of those conflicting. But the same shouldnā€™t give you a safe objective with no safes in a map for example.

Freelancer, good or bad has been designed to last us for a significant period of time, hence why the challenges are pretty huge milestones too. It is designed for a long experience with probably future updates (as we know from the shelf). However right now, the content doesnā€™t suffice enough. Nobody is criticising you for wanting to resort to cheating the XP - itā€™s a single player experience. Just youā€™re blaming the XP grind rather thanā€¦

2 Likes

Also, thereā€™s no point cheating the 100 campaigns challenge because youā€™ve still got the challenges for killing 2,500 members and 500 leaders. Youā€™re probably still going to end up playing the same amount of time. :joy:

6 Likes

I absolutely LOVE freelancer. This feels like the true Hitman experience now. It also feels like the hundreds of hours of the campaign taht I have played over the years has been training for this gamemode. Hoping IO will add new syndicates, new objectives, better (less time-based) prestige objectives and rework the showdown missions a bit (they are a bit of a chore & the suspects are sooo similar sometimes). The Hardcore mode currently is unappealing to me, as forced timed objectives does not sound fun for my playstyle (mainly espionage). I wish the hardcore mode was just SA or SASO for every mission. It would be great if we could just choose a single prestige objective and use it for each run of hard-core mode. Anyway, this gamemode is amazing and Iā€™m hoping for a long grind over the next few months to lvl 100.

6 Likes

Guys, do Spooky Bat & HF Championship Bat also count towards ā€œPacify-Baseball Batā€ objective? Or using Ornamental Katana & Masamune for Katana objective instead of normal katana? Because sometimes the objective also come with ā€œSilent Target Takedown-Rare Meleeā€ so there will be capacity problem.

Itā€™s not so bad. Slide down and run down the stairs, to the right and hide in the crate.
You will have been spotted and be severely compromised, but you can overflow the nearby sink and get a fresh disguise.

Assuming you canā€™t go negative, could you do it when your M is already close to zero?

Just a quick note: Losing more than 50.000 M when failing a mission does not grant you the challenge for losing more than 50.000 M when failing a mission in hardcore mode. The money is gone, you get nothing.

Great.

2 Likes