Freelancer - General Discussion

I lost all my money by looking at a laptop in the vault. All of it. Whoosh. Just by looking. They could have at least added a danger sign to the prompt. I knew it was about stocks, but I thought there would be a later prompt to invest. But apparently 47’s gaze is so strong that looking is enough to make the world economy plummet.

7 Likes

Spooky Bat does work, I haven’t used the HF Bat or Masamune but I suppose they would work as well (I’m not touching the Ornemental Katana until I’ve got everything unlocked :x ).

It also happened to me but I had like 2500 merces at the time so I didn’t care much. How much did you lose?

1 Like

Yeah, I do not get the damn point of that vault. Are IOI ever gonna explain what the fuck is going on there?

1 Like

Finally!
:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

It’s a question that is already developed here:

https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/cheap-exploits-in-freelancer-what-do-you-think-about-it/17773/26

Thank you. I will delete my post and put it over there.

1 Like

The fact that that is your proposed “solution” is an indication of how terrible a starting location the Water Tower is.

4 Likes

Wait, so does the math check out? Does it really take 10 campaigns to move the dial one mastery level at the end?

I’m in the forties and I already find levelling getting pretty slow, I suppose I should expect it to get worse.

I’m of two minds about this. For one it’s good to finally have a really long unlock chain. On the other hand, it’s kinda unconscionable to give players goals that require hundreds of hours to complete. I mean, Hitman players are great people, real “salt of the earth” types, but they’re a bunch of OCD weirdos that can be easily fooled into repetitive tasks, I should know. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

It depends on how fast and how well you play of course but the game is designed for a long period with future updates.

Instead of having challenges catered to the amount of content now, it seems it’s for the whole package whenever that may be… or they may even extend that.

4 Likes

A bit more than 5000. The amount itself may be no big deal, but I had just worked really hard on it in the previous mission, sniping guards, killing couriers and opening a safe in Colorado without changing disguises. Seeing all those rewards for that hard work go away with an innocent push of a button was quite frustrating.

You start with 6000 exp per level. Add 500 exp every level until 90. Then you should be about at 50/60k.
After 90 you need 150k per level. It’s about 4/5 MILLIONS exp for mastery 100. Do the math yourself: how many exp you can do in 1 hour and split it in 4,5 millions and you find the number of hours you need for mastery 100. But that’s a long term experience by ioi and you will have a new kitchen and a suit

1 Like

No, not as much. It slows down. But I’m currently at mastery 85, and I go up 2-3 mastery per campaign. As long as I have a good proportion of “perfect” missions (all three payouts + prestige).

In total, according to the top dog challenge, I have completed 18 campaigns. Some count are bugged, so I would guess I actually done 15. I expect to be at mastery 100 by 20 campaigns completed.

Edit : hold on, @Cucumber, the xp requirement jumps up after 90 ?
Well then scrap my previous comment. It will take 30 campaigns then. I honestly like it.

Yes, it does jump a little every level but at 90 it’s a big jump

2 Likes

That’s a no I’m afraid - at least not after a couple of missions.

2 Likes

Can someone tell me where the third safe clue is in Dubai (safe in Deposit Room)? Two are just sitting there very easy but can’t find the third for the life of me

Don’t know about that exact location, but I recommend using instinct. It lights up the scannable objects and makes them easier to find. It’s always been a laptop, tablet and stack of documents in a yellow folder for me.

Yes, I know but I have been looking for 20 minutes and I can’t imagine they put on in one of the security boxes

Yeah I agree. I lost 10k. Not sure what the purpose of this mechianic is. It at least should warn you!

3 Likes

Aw. At least on the bright side when it comes to one time rewards, it’s certainly not a bad one.

Thank you for checking!

3 Likes

The rewards are pretty pointless as by the time you get to 76 to access it, you’ll likely have all that stuff and an abundance of Merces haha

But no problem, anytime :slight_smile:

Now on to Dead Space
5 Likes