Yeah that bug is annoying. Those paintings are linked i.e. whatever painting you pick for one spot (like the third painting) automatically changes the other spot (after you return from a mission) to #3 as well.
Hopefully A LOT of these problems get fixed soon. This thread is piling up.
I can live with some of the more nitpicky issues, but at least they should fix the most gamebreaking bugs like wallhacks, the view cones in Heaven (they can really fuck you over on freelancer), glitched objectives and the unpickable/undropable items on the safe house.
Many of this issues are really burning out freelancer for me and I’ve been playing it less often because of that.
Update: I found out that the guy who spoted me was a courier I knocked out earlier. He spawned near the shed close to where janus’ nurse hangs out, many walls away from where I was (I was on the house for sale if you didn’t notice) And before you ask, no, he wasn’t an unconsious witness, I made him trip using grapes.
After killing the fucker and all the guards he alerted, I was ready to carry on with the mission but then the game decides to crash. Needless to say I’m taking a break from freelancer for today.
I had a ‘No Witnesses’ objective, and a KO 3 guards with a concussive explosion. I had 2 of 3, so later I shot a Fire Extinguisher in the cartel basement. It got the 3rd. Then nearby guards were stopped/bugged out by the door where I was hiding out. One was, of course, an enforcer.
So I can’t have witnesses, and a bugged out enforcer is blocking my way out of the room.
Got’dang, it’s almost like this games tries SO HARD and SO OBVIOUS to screw the player over, it’s almost as if it’s sentient.
He finally moved after (whatever else happened). So I didn’t have to get into a gunfight/ impromptu kill-em-all challenge.
Apart from the obvious guess, since there doesn’t appear to be anyone around who spotted you, something else that could cause that same appearance of “randomly spotted” is another NPC reporting you to a guard. Maybe if they were KO’d and woken up it could cause the same chain of events.
Another annoying thing in this mode is, the SA 3 second rule/lag is still present, even though it shouldn’t be unless you pick SA as a Prestige Objective. So we shouldn’t all have to wait 3+ seconds before exiting.
Also, I noticed some of the “Buggy” prestige objectives randomly get a “3 seconds without being spotted” rule attached to them which is why they’re failing. Like the collateral kill objectives (explosion, pistol).
I feel like a broken record… but just because there isn’t “Silent Assassin” doesn’t mean there isn’t still a rating system… the 3 second exit rule can still apply for that.
Also there are other objectives (any “unnoticed” pacification/kill takes 3 seconds as that’s the window of time where it could be noticed) and valid reasons for a 3 seconds delay before exiting. Unfortunately most of the necessity is due to the game being always online, but that’s a whole other thing.
Well right now you CAN’T exit in less than 3 seconds. So no clue!? If it was like before they implemented that 3 second rule, then no, it wouldn’t trigger that.
I posted this in the roadmap thread but this is a better spot for it:
Is there an option to hide the passport icons at all safehouse exit points, besides removing the vehicle altogether if said vehicle spot has that option?
If not, there should be. I don’t love moving around my safehouse trying to look at stuff with all these big rectangular white icons crowding the screen. I’ve removed a car and the helicopter just to clear some visual space up.
I am confused, where to put this image, into Bugs or into Memes?
Though because this happened in Freelancer, I’ll leave it here.
But I have no slightest doubt it will happen in a regular mission as well
Although a bug, IOI should make this happen. I actually feel it’s better to stay in the 3rd person view with the suspect camera cuz it gives a little more of an immersive feel to relate to the gameplay which is 3rd person.
Platform Steam, PC
Location Hokkaido and probably others; Freelancer mode.
“Witnesses” remain as witnesses unless killed even when placed into a cabinet or cooler.
This ruins freelancer no witness challenge.
IF this is not a bug then it’s a massive depature from all other modes where a witness is
concealed in a cabinet and are no longer a witness. Likiewise, if it’s not a bug then the
challenge description should be restated to indicate ‘witnesses must be killed before being hidden’.