Freelancer | Patch 3.170.1 | Bugs and Imperfections

I think this has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but the Gym and upstairs bathroom mirrors are broken as certain LOD’s only have one model, gets treated as the “highest” quality and de-renders them, which makes certain suits such as the Snow Festival Suit look really weird.

As an aside, I made this video a few days ago, but I hesitated on posting it here in spite of the useful info to share due to me being unsure on IOI’s stance on showing 47 out-of-game; they seemed fine with my SFM stuff after all, so they don’t appear to mind messing about with their models in art, but then again, this could be argued as being different from showing an untextured 47 in 3DS Max, even if I’ve framed it as being for educational purposes (I.E; This is why the LOD issue happens), and I deliberately keep coy about certain things. There’s a lot of ambiguity, which makes me nervous.

Anyway, we’ll see how things go. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Poisonous frogs apparently do not count as a “natural poison” towards the challenge

2 Likes

It does on Whittleton, every time.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is right…

I started the game and he was exercising and this happened :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I miss the game we lost on January 26th that was way more polished. :frowning:

5 Likes

Already mentioned in bugs, but one of models of suspect (black man with baseball cap, pink shirt and grey hair) cannot be poisioned with dart guns. I tried it with both kalmer and sieker, and he did not react to it. I did poision him with remote device, but dart guns did not get any reaction from him. This made it impossible to get Poision target - Dart Gun objective.

3 Likes

It’s his shirt that’s bullet proof - if you hit him in the head you can get him. (Stupid, I know.)

1 Like

This has happened to me as well with a showdown target on Mendoza. It also has happened on another maps but I can’t remember the specifics.

Please make more unique Prestige objectives in the next update

THESE objectives severely limit my playstyle and are not fun to get over and over and over and over. I don’t think you should remove them at all, they’re fun sometimes. However this combination offers almost no variation at all in playstyle.

6 Likes

So. Fucking. Sick. of the psycho guards in Sgail. Twice tonight I’ve got killed because some random guard opened fire on me without provocation and then the whole level somehow knew where I was. It’s my favorite level and I don’t want to have to avoid it just because of this stupid bug. How did it even happen? The gard AI on that level was fine before Freelancer. I hope it doesn’t happen in contracts mode at least.

The game really, really needs a patch right now.

7 Likes

Arguably those SA Prestige Objectives are more restrictive than base due to the SA rules being a bit different between Base and Freelancer.

3 Likes

Shit is haunted, yo.

You can play this map without problem.

This type of bugs aren’t always active.

I played sgail multiple time without any npc guard get any type of bugs.

Instead i get this in new york.

But the more funny was this.

I was doing the challenge of killing 100 targets with a specific sniper rifle(not remember the name).

I emetic poison the target to kill him in a bathroom.

Already occupied but the target enter anyway, so i wait for the npc go away, but seems he have some problem, maybe the prostate?

And seems the glasses isn’t helping him with the aim.

2 Likes

Why am I entering “Combat” when I’m totally isolated with a single civilian target!? So annoying to lose the “No Combat” objective for a perfect run while still achieving a Silent Assassin, Suit Only prestige objective.

5 Likes

It’s bugged, like everything else in freelancer. Stupid.

5 Likes

The Silent Assassin ones are my favourite ones to be honest.

1 Like

Eliminating the target at their extraction point comes to mind.

1 Like

I’m playing in hardcore mode in this last week, also I’m so “crazy” to don’t quit the game if i do some mistakes, so I’m going to do it legit just for my personal preference. Yesterday something happened. I was in dubai with the Hide and seek timed objective, which is usually the objective that I prefer to do if the other sucks… I killed my targets and at the exit, with 2 minutes left on the timer, the game decides to ruin my entire campaign. I don’t care about merces, I’ll make it them in a short time, but losing progress for a bug is another thing… At this point I’ll just go for the 100 mastery and then I’ll wait fixes from IOI. It’s a fun mode but they have a lot of work to do.

4 Likes

Or just use a different prestige objective that success or fail is determined mid-level and not at the end. That way if a glitch sets in you can just use the exploit reset.

2 Likes

I don’t mind the Silent Assassin prestige objectives, because I normally try to play the game as close to Silent Assassin as possible, anyway. But I do wish those objectives would be adjusted to be compatible with the normal objectives. Multiple times now, every single map for a Syndicate will have an objective to eliminate guards, yet I still get the Silent Assassin prestige objectives. Like, those aren’t compatible, and it bothers my completionist self. Maybe there’ll be one shitty option, like a timed prestige objective, but I’d prefer if the game did a check to make sure all 3 prestige objectives are fully compatible with at least one of the available maps.

I agree, this objective is buggy. I had assumed “Combat” meant the guards know who I am and start shooting at me. But I’ll fail the “No Combat” objective simply if the guards get excited and pull out their guns, like if they see a target get shot but can’t identify where the shot came from or who did it.

6 Likes