Frisk & Human Shield

lol.

Sees frisking checkpoint

Walks to nearest place to conceal items or a corner… dumps 4 pistols, 2 SMGs, 2 kitchen knives, a few explosives, and a banana.

Coming back to said checkpoint:
ezgif.com-gif-maker (5)

8 Likes

Good luck with this request. Many have said this since 2016.

thats quite a strange justification since human shield could let you escape when you’re backed into a corner rather than having to shoot your way out

12 Likes

What? I thought I was the only one! :joy:

But yeah I’ve been too on that bandwagon since 2016. It doesn’t hurt to keep asking. Maybe IOI will finally see the light.

1 Like

What I always find a bit strange is the way the briefcase is advertised as a way to “smuggle illegal items through security checkpoints” (that’s more-or-less verbatim). Naturally, though, throwing your briefcase past the guards does not turn out well. The only thing you can really smuggle undetected in the briefcase is a sniper rifle, and certainly not through security checkpoints.

If you drop the briefcase before getting frisked, then pick it up after, i think that works, if i remember correctly

8 Likes
1 Like

This was in HITMAN 2016.

1 Like

Don’t drop it. That’s suspicious at frisk points for some reason. You can place it. Then pick it up straight after. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The EMP is a taser, a coin and a breaching charge all in one. It’s extremely useful.

6 Likes

I agree about the frisk mechanic. It feels too handholdy now.

1 Like

I’ve long given up on human shield mechanic and honestly, I’m not that fussed.
It has appeared in a single Hitman title and i feel that the subdue mechanic is a somewhat replacing it (I appreciate their not the same thing).

Frisking however, is a hill I will die on.
I though both the mechanics of failing a frisk and also attacking your frisker worked well. I wrote this in another thread -

I don’t know, i quite enjoyed it if I was doing a ‘Rambo’ play through where you start the firefight off in style by knocking out the person frisking you.

Although having said that, that became less viable when you could no longer actually carry a gun.

Which is why I liked both features in conjunction with eachother.
Sometimes you’re having a play through where you haven’t got a set plan in mind, accidentally get caught carrying a gun during a frisk as you’ve been forgetful, so you attack the first guard and shoot the second with gun you weren’t supposed to be carrying.

Just little things like that, that may only happen once every 30 play throughs make the game more special in those rare moments.

It’s a shame.

3 Likes

It wasn’t a one punch knock out, was it? I remember it was the current hand to hand melee animation with 3 button prompts to get a knock out.

As I said earlier in this thread…

1 Like

IOI should definitely revert back the frisk mechanic at least for the professional and Master difficulty.

2 Likes

Not fussed about whether I can fail frisks or not but calling it a worthless mechanic is incorrect, you’re still either relieved of your weapons or challenged to find another route.

2 Likes

Yes. It’s one of my favorites. Good for timed propane explosions or any explosions. It’s definitely not as OP as the ET phone but it’s a damn good tool. Briefcases too.

Micro Remote Taser is my favourite for this now, because nobody can pick it up :smile:

5 Likes

Fair enough. Then it’s a downgraded mechanic compared to Hitman 2016. We used to have the option to get caught with an illegal item/weapon and even to engage in a fistfight during a frisk. Those 2 options are gone now.

Now that the player doesn’t get punished for his/her inattention mistake, it removes any sense of tension from the frisk. And it’s in that regard that I call it worthless.

The game is already too easy for veteran players. So stuff like that and the camera boxes being all linked now removes difficulty/tension.

Ah yes, the frisk mechanic that basically got gutted so that more casual players wouldn’t accidentally make an mistake and initiate combat

Think there’s a link here to the camera shoulder-switch mechanic. Another change to benefit casual players at the expense of everyone else. At this point there’s no chance of them fixing the frisk mechanic and I am doubtful about the shoulder-switch :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I doubt that IOI thinks that the frisk mechanic needs to be fixed. I think they think that they already fixed it by making it what it is now.

As for the human shield thing, I just don’t think that belongs in a game like Hitman and never did (despite it’s appearance in older games). Using a human shield isn’t something that 47 would/should be doing so I agree with its absence here.

1 Like