Frisk & Human Shield

As of now, I find the frisk mechanic in WOA to be worthless.

IO should revert back to allow players to still be frisked if they’re carrying an illegal weapon/item. After all, it should be the player’s responsibility not to forget what’s in their inventory.

It would be great if once caught with something illegal, we’d have the option to grab as a human shield the guard frisking us. That would allow us to quickly shoot the other guard(s) nearby and make an escape.

Maybe add an option during the frisk to do a one punch knock out. That would give players enough time to make a move onto another guard nearby or just run away.

Also, human shield could be used optionally instead of subduing an NPC and drag his unconscious body. We could first grab the NPC human shield style and then move him/her back to an hidden/safe spot and then subdue.

What do you guys think? Would you like to see the return of human shield especially in this context?

Do you guys agreed that the frisk mechanic is currently not at its best shape?

19 Likes

Human Shield has been on the wishlist since 2016

9 Likes

Yes and yes let’s do it IOI

2 Likes

Yes I know but I think it would make even more sense combined with the frisk mechanic.

1 Like

It definitely would.

1 Like

i agree with the frisk part. theres really no point of getting frisked if you’re only allowed to do it without illegal items. i also find the body dragging painfully slow.
it would be sooooo much better if we could just pick up the body

6 Likes

Yeah I agree. There are those that don’t see a difference but in a game where our actions our held against us at all times I don’t see why I’m unable to fumble. So many times I went to get frisked with a gun or knife or any illegal object and the prompt is greyed out. Very anticlimactic.

3 Likes

Certain items should make you fail the frisk just for being so odd. Why is a waiter carrying a bottle of pills that say VOMITROL in giant font? That seems fucking suspicious

7 Likes

LMAO. Hilarious I never thought about that. Same with Piano Wire with grips.

1 Like

Lol right? Or having a big ass wrench while wearing a suit :man_facepalming:t2:

Or better yet walking around with a crowbar dressed as a clown… I guess the point is that it’s a game and if we nitpick too much it becomes an assassin simulator which is not exactly fun. Heck most disguises shouldn’t fit 47 either but they do and if we went the realistic route the games AI would be as finicky as Absolution or even Silent Assassin.

5 Likes

Lol yeah. I’m not too picky about the whole aesthetic of a disguise (like the clown) making sense. But frisk mechanic and human shield are all gameplay related and add more depth and options to a game that’s all about different options.

1 Like

In H2016 when you could get frisked when holding illegal items, there was still an indicator on the HUD to remind you that you are holding illegal items. It essentially removed player responsibility.
There isn’t really any reason to add back this feature since this indicator made it a bit of a nothing mechanic. Of course you could change the system to make it more interesting.

5 Likes

I’ve seen a comment by IOI about not adding human shield because they went less action, more puzzle based in the WOA. ‘instead of adding things that escalate a situation we need more things to deescalate it’ (not the exact words).
Anyway, i’ve been playing MGS5 and a few things come to mind, the choke hold questioning/interrogating could be expanded upon by making a guard call in that everything is clear to stop a search or alarm or get intel on a target i.e. mumbai , easier way to identify the maelstrom.
As long as you don’t let them see you and knock them out after the interaction it could still count as being a ‘silent assassin’.

Also frisk is indeed pointless now, but they could add commentary on certain items, like suits do. ‘There’s something fishy about you’ if you’re carrying a fish for example.
‘don’t go running and poke someone’s eye out with those things’ if you have scissors.
You could even have the guard remember the item and make it automatically identify you if someone is killed with scissors sticking out of them.

7 Likes

Yes this indicator should be fully removed if IOI decided to revert back to allowing frisk with illegal items/weapons.

Also back in 2016, if I recall correctly, we could still engage in a fistfight during a frisk. But that was also too risky as other guards could just shoot at us when caught in the fight animation. That’s why a one punch knockout would work better in that situation.

3 Likes

I remember reading the same thing and funny enough IOI claim they’d rather us to deescalate the situation but yet they provide us with countless lethal firearms in the loadouts.

4 Likes

Imagine items like the emp actually doing something other than destroying the sapienza virus. Blocking communication between guards in an area, that memory loss serum being able to get rid of a witness’ memories (a short term modification).
But yeah, instead we get copy paste weapons that look alike, act alike and gather dust. How many damn sniper rifles do we need? Not to mention 2016 had rarities and tags for qualities, 2018 just had the tags (silenced etc.) and now we have half an inventory with no tags despite supposedly being silenced. It just snowballed into a pile of generic stuff you never use.

6 Likes

I agree most of the items/weapons are just the same thing and make the inventory extremely crowded. At the end of the day I always take the same 2 things with me. The lockpick being one of them.

And we don’t need 4 different variations of the exact same lock pick.

1 Like

Same with suit unlocks ‘with gloves’ , seriously, just give a customisation option and toggle gloves on or off. Let us set our favourite lockpick skin and not show all 4 in the list (not to mention they’re not all together).
Next deluxe escalation gives us… more emetic stuff!~ although i’m a fan of the look though.
Would be nice to have options to organize inventory ‘recently used’ ‘newly acquired’ and giving skins changes would reduce the list to 1/3.

7 Likes

Now just to get back on topic a little bit, please IOI add metal detectors as a frisk alternative. Just like the one in Marrakesh at the embassy…but a working one.

I love the concept of trying to figure out a way to sneak an illegal item/weapon through a checkpoint. It’s part of the puzzle element that IOI loves to encourage. We used to have (in earlier titles) crate carrying where we could hide stuff into.

2 Likes