Game News Thread

3 Likes

new deus ex to “do what cyberpunk 2077 couldn’t” is a pretty bold claim. where’s the budget going to come from?

3 Likes

I mean if they can make the police force not spawn 10 meters behind the player during a chase then it’s already a step ahead of cyberpunk 2077 :person_shrugging:

6 Likes

Nice kitty…

It’s actually a cut mutated Cat from Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky. You can even find it in the final games as a stuffed animal. It was cut so late in development that it’s still in the game files, fully coded and everything and many mods re-added it back :slight_smile:

6 Likes
4 Likes

Playing Ravenholm in VR… This sounds like a nightmare.

1 Like

Someone will piss their pants when the fast zombies start showing up :grin:

Probably why Valve didn’t add them in HL: Alyx. Would have been too much for some players.

1 Like
3 Likes

I’m sure that we’re all aware of Sony’s response to the Brazilian government’s questionnaire about Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision / Blizzard. The original exposure and details can be found here: The official opinions from Sony, Ubisoft, WB, BN, Apple, Riot, Google and more about the Activision Blizzard acquisition Activision/Blizzard | ResetEra; it also includes the responses from all the other major parties like Warner, Ubisoft, Amazon, and Google.

It seems that Microsoft have now responded.

I also found this rather disturbing revelation:

3 Likes

It’s okay Sony, at least you bought Bungie. I’m sure you’ll make big bucks from the games they make
jim-ryan-laughing

3 Likes

i thought destiny 2 made dollar?

4 Likes

Doubt it made more than CoD. From Wikipedia, “Destiny 2 sold 50,263 copies on PS4 within its first week on sale in Japan, CoD: WWII sold 168,234 copies on PS4 within its first week on sale in Japan”.

3 Likes

Yea because bungie fans deluded themselves into thinking the game is good and bought everything that had to do with it

1 Like

As a Destiny 2 player, I gotta tell you that it’s so damn expensive to keep up with.

So there’s a yearly expansion, that costs around £30 standard. Then there is an additional 4 seasons of content that last about 3 months each. Each season costs about £10.

There’s also been a couple of one off expansions in recent years. Last year the 30th anniversary pack released and that cost an additional £30. This year there’s an additional pass to buy that unlocks 2 new dungeons this year, which was about £20, or include in the annual expansion deluxe edition (£70)

Not to mention there’s an entire in game store for cosmetics and the like, and that’s pulling in a lot of cash.

I reckon COD rakes in more money due to there simply being more players, but Destiny 2 is a glorified money farm

5 Likes

Kirby’s Dream Buffet, worldwide release on August 17! Should cost about 15$USD? Fantastic price for what I assume is just a standalone Kirby side-game!

5 Likes

i didn’t suggest it did, you numpty! :joy:

people like what they like :man_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

True, thats why some people love crack cocaine

2 Likes

5 Likes

I will say Microsoft have a lot of balls to say Sony are trying to inhibit their growth while also monopolising both “games-as-a-service” modelling and making the whole Western development industry into a content mill for said service then routinely boasting about how great your service is and that it has plenty of users on it.

Especially since all Sony has done is not let them put Gamepass on their console and not hosting a rival’s content on your own console is a reasonable move that any “normal” company would do. Xbox wouldn’t dare put the new Playstation Plus service on the Xbox so why should Sony have Gamepass on it?

7 Likes

I don’t think this is going to be a surprise to many people. Microsoft stopped announcing their sales figures back in 2016, so it has been hard to determine how well they were doing, compared with Sony. As part of the on-going full disclosure to the Brazilian regulators they have finally revealed their figures for the previous generation of console. Sony had announced that they had sold around 117 million units, but it’s only now we learn that Microsoft sold less than 58.5 million.

Interestingly, back in 2020, Ampere Analysis had closely predicted the sales figures, saying it was around 50 million.

The reasons seem two fold: the disastrous E3 launch and the fact that they were really building for what was to come. Yes, they wanted to sell consoles, but they were really investing in the future. Hardly anyone could have anticipated the long term vision that Microsoft had for their gaming subscription service. If someone had tried to tell me back then how amazing the Game Pass service was going to be I would never have believed them.

5 Likes