Game News Thread

It begins!

5 Likes

Ubisoft directors when their new co-workers are AI (A program doesn’t recognise a toxic work environment.)

5 Likes

You’ll have to do overtime this Saturday, no discussion.

5 Likes

It feels weird going from source to source 2.

3 Likes

We’ve come a long way

2 Likes

Valve making a game again. Wow. Source 2 looks fantastic

4 Likes

It is not unusual. Sure there are long breaks but as long the game does not end with 3 it is no huge deal.

5 Likes

:chicken:

6 Likes

I love you

6 Likes

They are talking about barks. To anyone interested, and since I remember reading it a few years back : here is a post that was shared by JE Sawyer on his tumblr about writing for video games, it’s from one of Outer Worlds narrative designer, Kate Dollarhyde, and a twitter thread by Katie Chironis about barks.

https://nitter.fdn.fr/kchironis/status/1320425206632960001?s=20

1 Like

Oh oh…

3 Likes

Fortnite gets classy with a brand new level editor/toolset called Unreal Editor for Fortnite (UEFN) [previously rumored as “Creative 2.0”]

Taking advantage of the hugely detailed Unreal Engine 5, this brings a massive overhaul to creating worlds, experiences and games within Fortnite. Huge prop editing tools, a new programming language called Verse, and the ability to program things like unique animations and cutscenes.

5 Likes

That fancy tech wasted on a game like Fortnite and not something like, you know, Unreal which is the engine is named after :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes it is a waste to program something for the most played game in the world. Clearly Epic should have released this for the series that hasn’t had a game since the GFC.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Damn, 16 years…
08e

I would have also mentioned Gears of War but they sold it to MS and also Jazz Jackrabbit but I doubt that more than half of Epic’s user base are old enough to remember that game :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes
5 Likes

Lego racing games are BACK with the upcoming Lego 2K Drive. (Unfortunately from 2K)

You can fully build your own racecar to drive around which is cool. What is also cool is this:

Money, meet purchase?. :dollar: (No, don’t pre-order)

5 Likes

Marvel’s Midnight Suns is free to play through Sunday on PS5 and Xbox.

https://twitter.com/midnightsuns/status/1638948724108849153

Of course, it’s going to take me half the weekend just to download it. :grin:

4 Likes

Okay, I woke up this morning, went to try Midnight Suns (not fully downloaded yet, but the opening bit was ready to play)…and the game gives me “This trial is no longer available” and promptly crashes. :frowning_with_open_mouth:

Apparently, a lot of people are having the same problem on PS5 and they’re working on a fix.

5 Likes