Game News Thread

After hearing about EA planning to pull some games from online storefronts… One of those games allegedly being Mirror’s Edge - I bought it and ME Catalyst. Then I hear they might not pull that particular game (series) after all. :man_shrugging:

This was a game that I thought was interesting but I didn’t feel the urge to play it. But they were 75% off anyway. I don’t know if this was a very diabolical marketing strategy to get people to buy the games rumored to be removed or not. But it worked… On me, at least. :sweat_smile:

Because...

I sure as f. learned my lesson with After Burner Climax. I had a PS3 when it was available, but for whatever reason never thought to get it. Then when I remember - it was already too late! :sob: Sega’s contract with Northrop Grumman expired and couldn’t/wouldn’t feature their aircraft in their game. So no aircraft - no game.

Thankfully I do have it now - be it through alternative methods. It’s better than nothing.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I guess this is the best place to post these. :sweat_smile: :face_holding_back_tears:

6 Likes

For those that never played Sims 2, Humble is added as an NPC by one of the Expansion Packs and he’ll come over your place at the start of the game and leave you a present which is a computer that let’s your sims play The Sims 3 (this was before S3’s release and players could see snippets of the game) :grin:
Rod_HumbleHumbleComputer

4 Likes

Paradoes what EAint indeed!

I wonder how many former Maxis people work on this.

4 Likes

Will Wright I hope. At least to give some opinions and such :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Sims has sex mods since the very first version of Wicked Whims, the Sims also allows for lots of cosmetic item mods and have had some of the most LGBT+ friendly content pretty consistently since 2, I mean men could get impregnated in the Sims 2 for Pete’s sake.

Also both EA and Paradox both have problems with their DLC models especially how numerous they are on their most popular games. Gamers don’t care because EA is Satan all the time so they get the most flak and let other companies slide when they do it.

Also I can’t get over the visual design for the game. Something about it makes it look like those shitty shovelware games Baltic people make on Unity then foist onto steam.

5 Likes

I spoke more about today EA but sure if things would be entirely different, there would be no base for comparisions to begin with. :smiley:

3 Likes

I mean even today EA still get shit for things other companies do. Either way what I am saying is The Sims 4 costs to much and Lives By You looks like dog shit. Go check out Paralives instead, reject brands return to indie.

3 Likes

For context for those who haven’t played Sims 2. Without using Cheats the only way for Men to get pregnant is if they’re abducted by Aliens.

EA just isn’t what it use to be all things considered. While yes they occasionally release something good their business model is so fixated on live service titles this past decade alone that and this is strictly my opinion something like The Sims IP is just a shell of what it originally was.

3 Likes
11 Likes

Like a xenomorph popping out of Stadia’s chest, Amazon enters the fray with Luna
(apparently this was available in the US since last March? I had never heard of this)

Already it seems like they have a much smarter business model, with a sizeable catalog of games to subscribe to, very Netflix-for-games like Xbox Game Pass, rather than Stadia’s heavy individual full-price game purchases…

Also apparently you can get access to all the Jackbox games 1-9 for around 6.50$ a month. Super fantastic deal, since people can/will probably just subscribe once for one group party to have, then get their fill and not need to stay subscribed until the next time.

5 Likes
7 Likes

Apparently the port team is Iron Galaxy, who previously released the Uncharted 4-LL Collection on PC just a couple months ago that also had issues at launch. (not to this degree though)

They are also the company that were infamous for the Batman Arkham Knight PC Port, that was horribly broken and poorly optimized, forcing WB to pull it from stores until it was fixed :grimacing:

This is a horrible port launch for probably the biggest single-player console exclusive to come to PC. This thing was and still is a major part of today’s video game history (much to the chagrin of a few)
I wonder how it happened though. They delayed the release by a few weeks, to “meet our standards”, but that’s clearly not the case. Did ND lie? Not want to delay further than the HBO show? Did IronGalaxy lie to ND about its performance? Why did they partner with IG again?? Very strange…

5 Likes

It’s the biggest reason that even to this day I haven’t bothered with AK. All hype I had for the game simply dissapeared.

2 Likes

Game is OK so you aren’t missing much. Still pissed they made the Deathstroke boss battle vehicular for no reason and the Riddler now thinks car races are riddles and you have to collect like 400 of the fucking trophies. Yet still I can’t wait for Batman to expose more of the bomb’s payload in Batman Arkham World.

3 Likes

It’s also bad that Valve promoted the game on the Steam Deck even though performance isn’t acceptable even for the Deck

2 Likes

They shrunk his beard, made it look patchy.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Arkham Knight’s a masterpiece and the Riddler stuff is fun to do

2 Likes