Game News Thread

5 Likes

I didn’t mention it because that is also my worry, but I don’t want to manifest another sudden death.

3 Likes

Valve finds yet another way not to continue one of their beloved series themselves!! Ugh, its cool but its frustrating a bit. :sweat_smile:

Portal themed escape room sounds like a perfect fit

3 Likes

Tbh I don’t even want them to. I love the Portal games, but unlike HL, they actually got a proper, satisfying ending, and it should stay that way.

3 Likes

Alien: The Xenomorph and Ellen Ripley are coming to Dead By Daylight!
I don’t play the game like, at all, but I still think this is cool!

5 Likes

https://fxtwitter.com/RockstarGames/status/1689969964923432960?s=20

And so we lose another one

3 Likes
4 Likes

Well shit, IGN said something smart

9 Likes

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

7 Likes

IGN being the voice of reason though? The IGNorants? The #toomuchwater game journalists?

5 Likes

Alright I remember being on IGN when that review came out. First of all “Too much water” was not something written by the reviewer that was an editor at IGN trying to truncate one of the points the review made. Second the reviewer was right, OR&B suffers from an over-reliance on HM movement mechanics to the detriment of the game. Third, it shows that Gamefreak did jack shit in remaking the games properly because “Too much water” was also a complaint gamers had about Red and Blue.

TL;DR: “Too much water” was genuine criticism and Black and White are the best Pokemon games.

3 Likes

I don’t pay much attention to IGN so I don’t know about the “too much water” thing, but I do remember the Hitman “relies too much on disguises” complaint.

3 Likes

Wait which Hitman game was that?

1 Like

Either the first or second of the latest trilogy. And I suspect the reason was they wanted it to be more focused on sneaking around, like Absolution.

1 Like

I can actually see that point making sense if it was about 2016. The Sumo-primary levels (especially Colorado) were especially maddening if you were doing suit only and it jarred with the IO-primary levels where it was much more feasible to go suit only.

I mean on paper there is nothing wrong with that sentiment, Absolution ruined the disguise system so much that it did become more focused on traversal stealth in an attempt to compensate.

1 Like

IGN when they think they don’t have enough negative bullet points

1 Like

Actually old man, IGN were forced to get rid of the bullet points because of “Too much water”. It is actually kind of sad because I think a Pro/Con system is much more useful than a point scale system.

2 Likes

Coming from you or HMF players, I’d say this is somewhat fair to say because your more in depth with the game, but not from surface level reviewers like IGN. I doubt anybody here would say it relies too much on using disguises.

1 Like

True but like you said we are all fans of the game, we play it a lot and all the time. Most reviewers don’t have that luxury even if they are fans of a series plus a reviewer has to consider multiple people buying the game and that includes people who prefer more conventional stealth games like Splinter Cell where social stealth isn’t a main feature.

2 Likes

Right, and since social stealth is not the norm, they should have stated it as a feature rather than a negative unless it was done poorly. So instead thier review comes off as a personal bias rather than being a more professional indifference review.

3 Likes