General News 1.0

Imagine using words to make a living yet you have to write no less than three apologies for your inexplicably bad journalism.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/jun/18/bad-press-the-rebel-wilson-debacle-that-rocked-smh-to-its-core

I have to admit “I am innocent because my own trial has bad TV ratings” is the boldest legal defence I have heard since the Twinkie Defence.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/17/donald-trump-january-6-hearings-witch-hunt

Surely there is nothing suspicious about the death of two men who had been sending out negative press on Amazon development projects right?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/18/brazil-police-arrest-third-suspect-in-killings-of-dom-phillips-and-bruno-pereira

Good. The Ranger Uranium Mine was an insult to the traditional owners, the tourist operators and Australia’s natural beauty.

I can’t think of any other job where I can sexually assault women and then be allowed to holiday in Bali. Also hearing the hosts of Triple M try to explain this away was disgusting, they had to use every single excuse possible.

3 Likes
7 Likes

A couple of early election results.

6 Likes

Massive tremors felt in Colombia as KIA CIA plants spin violently in their graves.

3 Likes

Send Michael Gross, immediately!

This is a certified Israeli Politics Moment

5 Likes

I think you lot need to be called God’s Choosy People what with all of the elections and inability to lead a stable government.

3 Likes

It’s the end of the term at the Supreme Court so they’re expected to roll out a bunch of their terrible decisions this week. First up: Maine has to fund religious education.

There are several other big decisions coming. Besides the one that will get all the headlines, there are decisions on school prayer, concealed weapons permits and the EPAs ability to enforce environmental regulations, among others.

Fun. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Get ready for the USA to become a hellhole.

2 Likes

Like it isn’t already lmao

2 Likes

No, I mean now it will be out in the open, not just lurking beneath the surface.

1 Like

not to burst your bubble, but it was already out in the open that america is a hellhole

1 Like

No no, I mean unambiguously. Before, or even today, we can say that, yeah, we’re a violent, hate-filled nation where the rich are getting richer and the poor poorer with corrupt institutions and low education… but we still have several rights and privileges available to us that makes us, while maybe not the best country in the world as we always claim, still better than the bulk of other countries in the world that are quieter but even more oppressed, like Russia, North Korea, numerous “3rd world” nations, and the like. We could tell ourselves that to feel better about our situation and it’s technically true. But, a lot of those rights and privileges that fed that image are about to disappear, and so there will be no more illusion that the USA is still a relatively good place to be. We’re about to become literally as bad as a lot of countries that we’ve always condemned. And we’ve done it to ourselves.

1 Like

They should tax the church. You can’t use public utilities, use public speech laws and have schools if you contribute nothing to society in return except for creating intolerant and ignorant cousin fuckers.

3 Likes

Definitely. They want to be the institution, they can pay their share.

It’s almost like he should be in jail or something…

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure he was… arguably an even worse situation.

Two weeks ago the European Parliament surprised everyone.
They voted for an unexpected support of the phase out of fossil fuel car, and rejected the text on changes proposed on the Carbon Tax.

Well a new vote was made, and the carbon tax reforms are now approved.

In much more sobering news :

The toll is growing, quickly. From a 200-300 estimate to 1000 in just a few hours. And it is expected to grow even more as rescue arrives, assessments are made, and information arrives.

This is already the deadliest earthquake in decades.

8 Likes
6 Likes

Make no mistake, Mo Brooks is an absolutely corrupt, lying piece of whatever is lower than shit. However, I take a small amount of pleasure from this announcement, and wish him a small amount of luck if he is actually being serious. It’s nice to see someone fully turn Trump’s whole schtick back onto him; he didn’t get the help he asked for and so he’s gonna go fire and brimstone on the offender. Let’s see what happens.