General News 1.0

Nah: potassium cyanide Twinkies. The creamy filling is killer. Wash it down with some hydrochloric milk.

2 Likes

Not violent enough

3 Likes

Have you seen someone die from cyanide? It ain’t quick, clean and pretty like the games and movies make it. The dude would be wishing to have his face smashed in, just to distract from the pain.

3 Likes

wait a minute… have you?! :astonished:

3 Likes

Personally seen? No. But details were given in my criminal justice courses in college about real incidents. That was some interesting shit, and I paid attention.

1 Like

oh, okay. i was worried you were taking the heisenberg bit and little too far. :smile:

5 Likes

Would that be the German scientist, or Walter White’s alter ego? Because the latter used ricin. Totally different animal.

1 Like

i knew you’d “um, actually” that post. :smile:

4 Likes

Um, actually, the term is “correct” that post. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

UK Government is planning to completely stifle the public’s ability to both protest and to strike.

12 Likes

Today is a great day

8 Likes

why on earth would us plebs want to protest or strike?

oh.

full report.

8 Likes

Fuck the Police

6 Likes

The UK government is going to block the Scottish bill, passed last month, that would make it far easier for people to legally change their gender.

11 Likes

Wonderful, now we’ve got a potential constitutional crisis on our hands. At the risk of being too cynical, I see this as nothing but an election ploy. To create an enemy in Scotland to win over English voters. Like the Tories give a toss about women’s rights.

11 Likes

Yeah, that’s definitely going to get messy. The UK Government can no longer claim Scotland’s self governing in any meaningful way. Why even have a Scottish Parliament if it can just be overruled by people in Westminster?

And once again our Government demonstrates just how much it hates Transgender people that it’s willing to risk a CONSTITUTIONAL FUCKING CRISIS to make their lives worse in any way it can. Fuck the Tories in every single orifice they have. Absolute shitrags the lot of them

10 Likes

Fixed it for you

3 Likes

Typical cruelty from this Government, yet another slap in the face of trans people so they can stoke their culture war bullshit.

I suppose there’s no hope I’ll ever be able to go through the process with any dignity. I’d currently need a doctor to ask me shite about my sex life and other irrelevant, humiliating questions so I could get their permission to transition. Following that, you would need to wait years before you can apply to change your legal gender by presenting as much evidence as possible to a panel of doctors who you never meet but have the final say on your identity.

Healthcare reform won’t be coming either because god forbid trans people catch a break. Your options are to wait years and years on the NHS, empty your bank account for private treatment, or do what I’m doing and import medication from abroad and hope that your liver doesn’t fail. It’s worth mentioning my GP outright refuses to test my blood levels or liver function

The sad thing is, the Scottish bill is entirely about legal paperwork, all this fuss about single sex spaces is ultimately another attempt to vilify trans people. Trans people can use bathrooms, changing rooms etc since the 2010 equality act, and these nightmarish scenarios we all hear from the media, politicians of both major parties and even famous celebrities you used to look up to about predators waltzing in claiming to be trans and molesting children simply has not happened. Regardless, the transphobia machine goes on because it is fuelled by hate and nothing more.

Being a trans person in the UK is very grim indeed

11 Likes

trans folk can’t catch a break. this is depressing.

10 Likes

I hate it here

11 Likes