General News 1.0

Despite being the living, breathing incarnation of the term serial liar (and yes, that’s from a list that includes the likes of Donald Trump and Hershel Walker), and having so many potential crimes, scandals, and general misdeeds revealed on a daily basis that I’m half expecting any day now to learn that he’s Tupac Shakur’s killer, and being a Republican liability avalanche in the waiting, McCarthy still saw fit to put him on a committee.

Business as usual in the United States of America.

2 Likes

They are afraid if they push him out they will lose the special election making their majority even slimmer so they are gonna pretend all is well unless he is proven to have broken the law.

2 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

She did the job so well, at least so it seems on this side of the pond, that I’m not surprised she’s worn the hell out.

https://screenrant.com/batman-joker-mark-hamill-return-no-explained/

Honestly I’m not upset by this one bit since it’s the right thing to do. Mark always asked if Kevin was on board with a Batman project before he signed on. Kevin’s legacy as Batman and portrayal is one of those most interesting stories I’ve read up on about him between his own personal struggles (sexuality and just issues with his father) it’s truly amazing since he manifested his issues into his portrayal as Batman and in my opinion is the quintessential version of the character that will never be replaced fully.

2 Likes

Makes sense. Like the characters themselves, one isn’t complete without the other. As Hamill’s Joker once said, “without Batman, crime had no punchline.” Without Conroy, Hamill’s Joker had no Batman.

The parliament has only an advisory role, but EU foreign ministers are due to meet on Monday to discuss further sanctions

The whole economy is under their hands. Declaring them a terrorist group would be utterly destructive for the regime.

6 Likes
6 Likes

The Tate boys got another 30 days detention

7 Likes
5 Likes

I know that as a corporation, Google was not immune from the usual corporate bullshit when it came to their workers. Still, I never expected Google to be a company to do something quite this cruel, and quite this callously. Am I right to be surprised at that, or am I just naive?

1 Like

You are exceptionally naïve. This is the same company that harvests your personal data and fights tooth and nail to land USDF AI coding contracts while also holding a stranglehold on the search engine market share.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Yeah, I know all that. That’s nothing new; like I said, I know they’ve got the same evil tendencies as other companies. But, a no-notice mass layoff numbering in the five digits… that seems more like something I’d expect from Exxon or Wells Fargo, not a company of the millennial era like Google.

5 Likes

Announcement to be next week. This would form the second largest currency union.

The original report by FT, if anyone else is subscribed and interested.

5 Likes

Give that guy a medal!

9 Likes

They seem to have finally worked the tank deal out.

3 Likes

I’m sure Ukraine will say tanks for the help. (sorry, I had to)

3 Likes