General News 1.0

They got it.

5 Likes

Take a drink every time the article clarifies “alleged” and “suspected” because they really wanted to use the term “spy balloon” again challenge.

9 Likes

Liz Truss has said she was never given a “realistic chance” to implement her radical tax-cutting agenda by her party.

In a 4,000-word essay in the Sunday Telegraph, Ms Truss stood by her plans to boost economic growth, arguing they were brought down by “the left-wing economic establishment”.

Oh shut the fuck up you massive failure.

7 Likes

so it was those pesky marxist economists that pocketed the £30bn she lost?

4 Likes

A 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck along the Turkey-Syrian border, killing over 1,300 people and trapping hundreds more. A second 7.7 quake struck about a half an hour ago, in the midst of rescue efforts.

5 Likes

A.I Generated Seinfeld couldn’t be harmful right…… right?

7 Likes

I want to make a joke about Jerry dating that high schooler but I short-circuited. Just like how that AI Seinfeld once stood on stage for ten minutes before any sort of material generated, truly a show about nothing.

5 Likes
4 Likes

A Georgia judge has order the partial release of the grand jury report on Trump’s attempts to overturn the election. The introduction, the conclusion and a section in which the grand jury expresses concerns that some witnesses may have been lying will be released later this week. Their recommendations for who should (or should not) be prosecuted will be withheld while the Fulton Country DA’s office decides who to charge.

4 Likes

The campus was still locked down when I went to bed last night.

Michigan State has several students from Oxford High School, near Detroit. You may (or may not, because this is fucking America and this shit happens literally every day) remember that four people died in a mass shooting at OHS in November 2021.

5 Likes

Remember this guy? On the right?

Well, he’s dead. Good.

Rest in Piss, you nasty cunt.

12 Likes
9 Likes

Ha, and he mulled himself, too, the cowardly little bitch. Shouldn’t it be Rot In Piss?

1 Like

Mixed feelings. Hard to wonder who will take up her mantle. At the same time, I think the SNP has become a complecant at the Scottish Parliament and we could use a new party. Shame the other options aren’t great. Least she can leave with a better legacy than the last, what, 6 or 7 UK Prime Ministers?

6 Likes

This is a real shame, I suppose we can all let go of the idea of Self-ID anytime soon

3 Likes

The promised parts of the Georgia grand jury report have been released. Nothing too surprising. They believe that some witnesses lied to them and recommended indictments, where appropriate, against those witnesses. (Lindsey Graham? :crossed_fingers:) And they unanimously concluded that no widespread fraud took place in the 2020 election in Georgia, an obvious but important point, given that several witnesses continued to claim otherwise in their testimony.

Now it’s just a matter of waiting for DA Fani Willis’ decision on whether or not to act on the recommendations in the rest of the report…

1 Like

She already has; she’s put it forth to a regular grand jury now, one that can issue indictments. It’s up to them at this point, and then she’ll have the decision to act further.

The guy on the right is Peter Cvjetanovic, the one on the left is ̶D̶u̶k̶e̶ Nukem.

Ah ok. Hopefully he dies soon too then!

1 Like

Literally every article I’m seeing says that the charging decision is “imminent” and makes no mention of it being already being handed over to a regular grand jury. If you have a source, I’d be happy to read it.