Getting Out of Bounds

Thank you! I want to snipe the twin from the overpass.

2 Likes

Let me know if it worked.

2 Likes

I can’t record but I will try and get a photo of 47 up there looking at the twins.

1 Like

yes

this was recorded in H2 but should still work. You just have to get lucky.

1 Like

Yep me too but train station i didnt :confused: we must get in

I’m pretty sure the chinese characters on the sign say “Chicago”

Could this be a reused Absolution asset?

4 Likes

I have no idea how Absolution is build, so I have no idea. I do think it would take
more effort to port something outside of WoA into it, than just doing something New.

On the other, IO has defenitly reused quite a bit, especially Male Asian Faces, so I
wouldn’t be surprised either.

Looks like Chicago to me.

2 Likes

I had a feeling they would reuse assets from the King of Chinatown to Chongqing

1 Like

Its out of bounds
Probably they copy from Hitman absolution for the view they think the players cant see this😂

1 Like

Since I just scrolled through this again, I have to subtract my previous statement. Now knowing that IO even uses an Absolution NPC Model as a Placeholder.

1 Like

You probably won’t be able to do this again; a death barrier was set-up at least for Xbox version. Everytime I managed to drop to a lower level I’d die upon landing.

1 Like

They love setting up kill boxes. Sapienza used to not have them but after speedrunners started getting out of bounds they decided to add kill boxes into the ocean in Sapienza lmao.

3 Likes

I hope they wiped out the speedrunners’ scores after patching otherwise they have an unfair high score. Guess if I want to do some OOB exploration I gotta uninstall and reinstall offline.

How exactly do they have unfairly high scores? They’ve just used the game to their advantage, as they should.

2 Likes

He’s not blaming those players. I think the point he’s making is that some people took full advantage of an exploit whilst it was allowed, to get “unbeatable” times. Now some of those OoB exploits have been removed, their scores will remain at the top of the leaderboard without anyone, in theory, being able to catch them.

1 Like

Still, why remove the achievements of some of the best Hitman players? Making map exploration and creative playing harder is already bad enough. Should they just pretend those runs never happened and that the game has always been this restrictive?

Yes, actually, they should. If there is an exploit in the game that shouldn’t be there, and that exploit is then patched out of the game, those play-throughs should be expunged so that the leaderboards, for whatever they’re worth, are evenly balanced. If someone wants to keep an archive of pre-patch leaderboard scores or YouTube videos, fine, but the current board should be based on the current map with the current rules.

That would, of course, be pretty much impossible without resetting the entire leaderboard with every game update. The game servers don’t store any info on player movement etc, so you’d have to remove every run

Well “could” and “should” are two different things.

They do know what is in each patch and could make a choice about whether any given patch materially changed the level in a way that would invalidate the existing boards. There is presumably also some game data which spells out how a given level was completed per player, so they could write some code that basically says “if current score was attained using wall-bang sniper, delete current score”, for example.