Download the most recent version here, see below for how-to’s
- More specific kill conditions:
– Specific Firearms (Pistol, SMG, Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Sniper Rifle)
– Specific Poisons (Injected Poison, Consumed Poison)
– Specific Pistol Eliminations
– Specific Fiber Wires
– Specific Explosive Devices
– Specific Explosive Accidents (Propane Flask only)
- Specify the exact Suit to be used
- Change the time limit after exiting
- De- and reselect targets after exiting
- Change the order of targets by drag&drop
- Automatically add the exit name to the briefing if Required-Exit is used
- Automatically add the creator name to the briefing if specified
- Search by
<HCCE>to find all contracts made with this tool on your platform
- Recreate contracts as a Playstation and XBox player
How does this tool work?
The tool is running alongside to Hitman and inspects the network traffic between the game and Hitman servers. The server accepts more conditions than the game is currently able to send. The tool modifies the traffic as you wish. If you want to know how Fiddler comes into play, click here. Your data is only sent to the Hitman server and not to any third party server.
Do I need this tool to play the contracts?
No, the tool is only needed to create them. After that anyone can play who is on the same platform and owns the required map. You can find them all by using the ingame search for the text
I have a problem, something does not work. What should I do?
Just reply to this thread. Also check the content of
Fiddler > H3 Contract Creator Extended > Open Folder > Errors. If the folder exists and there are files, send them to me. Generally try to describe as good as you can what you did and what you expected to happen
Can I require melee kills to be done thrown AND close-up? Or pistol as ranged AND elimination?
Sadly no, this seems to be not possible at all with any data that can be sent to the Hitman server.
Does the tool have to be updated with each game update?
No, unless IO introduces breaking changes on how contract creation works.
For new items, outfits and locations, an external file is loaded automatically so you don’t have to do anything here as well. However, I might need to fix bugs so I suggest you keep your version up to date.
I am a console player and have a contract idea, what should I do?
Since you cannot create contracts directly yourself, write your exact idea + briefing into this thread. A fellow PC player might happen to create it for you. That player can also insert your username into the Author field. After that you two can proceed with the recreation process for your console.
Installing and running this is too complicated, can you make it easier?
Sadly no, reading otherwise encrypted network traffic is nothing I can just invent myself, so Fiddler is needed.
However, with some small donations, I could rent a specific version of Fiddler that makes the tool a lot more light-weight!
Optional, significant complications only
By choice I don’t allow auto-fail complications. Only the Required-Exit one is included. I also did not include complications which are redundant to the Silent Assassin rating. So no Targets-Only and no No-Recordings.
Duplicate items cannot be used
Some items have the same name but exist as separate items. That would confuse the player who easily fail kill conditions with these items. So I don’t allow them. See below for a detailed list.
Note that the tool is focused on the English version of the game. This might not fully cover the situation for other ingame languages.
Console recreation has limits
As it looks like right now, contracts can only be recreated for Playstation and XBox. Stadia and Switch are not possible. Xbox is also trickier, as it seems the process will only work for players who only linked Hitman 3 to their IO account and no earlier game. I keep investigating what the exact issue is here.
Note that only contracts created with this tool can be recreated by console players and only if the recreator owns the map it was created on. The original creator needs to send the console player a local file that is created along with the PC contract. See below for the exact procedure.
Usable text characters
There are no issues if you use Latin or Cyrillic characters. But the tool is unable to include for example Asian characters. They are not displayed even if you switch the game to Chinese. I could not determine what I need to do to make this possible. Generally, if the characters you want to use cannot be displayed in the English version of the game interface, you cannot use them in my editor as well. 对不起！
Contract design suggestions
There are enough contracts out there which add all possible restrictions and complications. With this tool you can make even worse contracts. Please consider these suggestions to make generally better contracts:
- Prefer Any/Any or unspecific conditions, use these new features for unique twists
- If you require a specific item, try to use items that don’t need owning DLCs or grinding mastery
- Write in your briefing where to find required items
- Check out the general guide for contract creation
- Make sure Fiddler is running
- Use the contract creation ingame as you used to do
- When exiting the map, the game should minimize automatically. If you don’t see the editor it might be behind other windows.
- Change the conditions as you please and hit publish
- If all worked well, you can copy the ID in the output field or just go back ingame
You find the contract in the “My Contracts” tab ingame.
- In Fiddler, click on
H3 Contract Creator Extended > Open Folder
- Open the folder
Contractsand there the file of the contract you want to have recreated
- Copy the content and send it to the console player who wants to recreate the contract
- In Fiddler, click on
H3 Contract Creator Extended > Recreate Contract
- Follow the instructions shown to you
- At the end, paste the text the original creator sent to you into the right field
Current list of forbidden items
See “Limitations” why these items cannot be used.
Forbidden items on all maps
These items exist as multiple, unlockable items with the same name and therefore cannot be used in any map.
- Proximity Explosive Duck
- Lethal Pills
- Lethal Poison Vial
- ICA Tactical Shotgun Covert
These items are bugged and are by principle not usable for specific kill conditions.
- Kronstadt Octane Booster
- Explosive Compound
(WIP) Forbidden items on all maps
The following items are also currently forbidden on all maps but will soon be much more available. I need to check on all variants on all maps to make sure they are only excluded where multiple variants with the same inventory name exist.
- Bartoli 12G
- Bartoli 12G Short
- Bartoli 75R
- Bartoli Woodsman Hunting Rifle
- DAK X2 Covert
- Druzhina 34
- Enram HV
- Explosive Golf Ball
- Fusil G2
- HWK21 Pale
- HWK21 Pale Homemade Silencer
- HX-7 Covert
- ICA Remote Explosive Mk III
- ICA SMG Raptor Covert
- Remote CX Demo Block
- Shashka A33 H
- TAC-4 AR Auto
- TAC-4 AR Stealth
- TAC-4 S/A
- Tactical Bartoli 12G
- Download and install Fiddler Classic (fake data works too)
- Download Contract Creator Extended
- Put my files into Fiddler’s extension folder:
- Start Fiddler, click on
Tools > Options > HTTPSand replicate the settings:
– Initial release
– Added a checkbox to deactivate all briefing additions the tool can do
– Briefing additions are a bit shorter to be less intrusive
– Fixed an issue where certain contract titles could cause their files to not be saved
– Fixed an issue that caused Fiddler to freeze when closing the editor after the game (thanks @CybraxCyberspace)
– Changed how forbidden items are handled
– Less duplicated error logs are generated
– The error log for not properly toggling the decryption during the installation is now more helpful
– Fixed an issue that came up after the IO’s backend maintenance in October
– A contract can now be saved to a file without publishing it
Thanks to @CybraxCyberspace for helping at both
Mod menu in Fiddler
- @Kevin_Rudd for the initial method, elaborating what is possible and numerous other things in the last months
- @MrMike for providing the list of item/outfit/npc names, helping with the recreation process and other info
- @grappigegovert for helping at disabling the game cert check
- @CybraxCyberspace for helping at v1.1 and v1.2
- IO Interactive for making this great game, just please update the Contract Mode
- Christopher May who died countless times to help me making this tool