<HCCE> Contract Creator Extended [Mod/Tool v1.7]

Which exit did you use in Miami?

ambulance exit, worked fine at first, but now it stopped

That is weird. HCCE knows that exit, it seems like a game patch gave that exit a new internal id. But I can’t imagine they did that as it would brick older contracts that require that exit.

Still HCCE should deal with such cases differently than that so I will fix that in the next version.

For now, you could try to pick another door of the ambulance car (that counts as a different exit) or use another exit entirely if you don’t plan to enforce the exit as a complication.

2 Likes

thanks, that helped, seems like right side door in Ambulance don’t work

1 Like

The two ambulance doors would’ve been more meaningful if there was a guard or camera watching one side of said ambulance.

Since that topic came up (indirectly) here, another poll.

Exits with multiple prompts (vehicles), have the Exit symbol only for one of them to not bloat the UI ingame. However, enforcing the other in a contract, results in the exit not being marked at all. Should something be done about it?

• No, leave it up to the creator
  • Yes, make HCCE replace the exit with the one of the same vehicle that has the Exit symbol

0 voters

Right now the creator is expected to pick the right one (and therefore know which is the right one) to not cause confusing situations. That way the creator can make it harder to identify the exit, either intentionally or by accident.

3 Likes

I’ve never used the tool before, so that may be an issue, but I ran into this after downloading the files and adding them to Fiddler as soon as it ran. I’m getting other parsing errors which I assume are related.

Could not find a part of the path ‘C:\Users\redacted\Documents\Fiddler2\Scripts\H3ContractExtension\Data\missionItems.json’.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamReader…ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
at HcceEditor.FileController.LoadFromFile[T](String folder, String filename) in E:\Files\Programmieren\Hcce\HcceEditor\FileController.cs:line 15

Weird you get that error as it is part of something that should not be part of the public version. :joy:
Does HCCE work otherwise? If yes you can ignore that.

i see. more convenient than having to muffin and breach explosive yer way to the rooftop. also am i glad to find this section. now i can make HCCE contract suggestions if i want to.

Does HCCE work otherwise?

No. I was also receiving several errors which I assumed stemmed from the original error, such as:

Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: �. Path ‘’, line 1, position 1.

and

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

and

Argument passed in is not serializable.

These errors would occur after exiting a contract. Nothing would happen in Fiddler as a result.

However, I tried to reproduce this again just now and now nothing happens at all (no errors, nothing happens when exiting the contract creator)

So I uninstalled fiddler, and deleted all residual files in %userprofile%\documents\Fiddler2 and %localappdata%\Programs\Fiddler

Perhaps notable, the installation instructions state:

Put my files into Fiddler’s extension folder: \Program Files\Fiddler2\Scripts

However, the above two folders seem to be where Fiddler files are located as \Program Files\Fiddler2\ does not exist.

I reinstalled FiddlerSetup.exe (and confirmed it is installing itself to %localappdata%\Programs\Fiddler), copied all the assemblies into that directory and ran Fiddler again. The H3 contract creator file menu is installed correctly…

And, in re-adding the host list under options I discovered my issue.

By default the hyperlink text is “Skip Decryption” only for the following hosts and the screenshot shows “Perform Decryption”

The reason this happened is:

1. I was not careful in setting all the settings as pictured.
  2. Clicking a hypertext in an application to toggle a setting is not intuitive (it should be a combobox)
  3. The installation instructions don’t explicitly call this setting out, but instead say “replicate these settings”. I realize you highlighted it in the image, but this is such a strange way for Fiddler to handle this setting I think the instructions should be more specific. Perhaps add a (3) to the host list in addition to the (2) next to this setting, as well as an explicit callout in the text instructions.
  4. There was no error handling for this scenario, so no useful information was presented when the above errors occurred.

After toggling this setting, the “H3 Contract Creator Extended” form appeared after exiting the contract.

1 Like

Yes the first post is outdated at several things. I need to update that. The folder Fiddler2 can also be in the user’s documents folder. If that is the case, the HCCE files go there instead.

I tried to make that obvious by highlighting that part and put the number 2 on it so it is more clear there is a setting to pay attention to. I know this is still missed by some users. :frowning:

It is on my todo list. :smiley:

Glad it works for you now. Please tell me if you come across any other problems.

1 Like

i thought of a contract that would be great. a contracted called "get off my lawn!’ it would take place in Whittleton Creek and the targets i could have a discussion on what the targets could be for any modder here who picks up the idea. the way you kill them would be either with a striker or striker V3. and the specific suit you’d have to wear is the cowboy suit. would love it to be made for all console and would agree to us both being equally credited to the one who wants to make this idea happen. :beers:

So you want everybody in the Wilsons Garden a target? Or everybody on the map?

i was thinking people who sort of travel through the neighborhood like Cassidy and his bodyguard, blake and his bodyguard, an who knows maybe the jogger.

@djsojus also what console are ya?

I’m on PC. If you give me the names of the NPCs you want killed in this contract, I could create this for you.

aright. i’ll do that. yer free to share some of yer ideas too. including complication ideas.

@djsojus

can work to make a nice contract picture like it’s a FC thumbnail. the reason where the name comes from his these npcs sometimes go from house to house. also what is yer idea of how the briefing should write out?

2 Likes

I’ll see what I can do, might not be done today as I’ve got a lot of work to do…

alright man good luck and don’t worry i can wait. you can take your time.