Hitman 3 - 3.130 - October 6th Patch Notes

the molotov wasn’t inconsistent at all, it worked on a radius and if you respected said radius you’d get a accident kill 100% of the time.

Oh well, shame it got nerfed this hard, it’s basically useless now.

4 Likes

Overall, a pretty good patch. It’s so nice to finally have an exit on Mendoza that’s easily accessible. I finally don’t have to wear the Requiem Suit all the time! Also nice to get Pavel and Nina back. However, Hokkaido’s map still isn’t properly fixed. They fixed the side areas but the Zen Garden is still missing!

Here’s how it looked pre-patch:

And here’s how it looks now:

Hitman 2’s map for comparison:

6 Likes

It felt inconsistent. Being inconsistent and feeling inconsistent are different. I am aware of the radius rules, but I feel that hampered the weapon, not helped it.

Some things i noted:

-Molotov fire is Any Method in contracts now

-DGS stashes bug wasnt fixed, so the patch notes might be talking about something server side that hasnt been implemented yet

Will update with any other observations

1 Like

They said it was pointed out that it’s not believable as an accident. Are you really going to tell me that nobody pointed that out when they made the damn thing? They saw that it was being questioned by the fanbase more than expected over that little detail and decided to alter it. You cannot convince me that they spent all that time getting Ambrose and it’s accompanying items ready and nobody brought that up, or if they did, that it was ignored until after it was released.

6 Likes

I agree with Heisey here.

1 Like

Holy shit! Did the world just end?!

2 Likes

You made a good point.

1 Like

Sigh I was hoping for Explosion at least :confused: I guess the molotov will join the 500 other items nobody ever uses since it’s just an unreliable explosive now :x

1 Like

I think it still counts as an explosion kill if the explosive kills it but the fire is not noted as anything specific

Molotov wallbangs no longer work either , so yeah im never touching this item again. Completely useless.

6 Likes

Then what was going on all those other times? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, thinking it over, there may actually be a scenario in which @Fleur is correct. If IOI changed their minds on the Molotov shortly before Ambrose released, too shortly to afford changing it because it would delay the release, they may have decided to just say screw it, let it go, we’ll change it at the next patch. That could have reasonably happened. However, I still question the notion that nobody pointed it out well in advance of such a hypothetical date, such as when the idea was first pitched, so it still leaves it more likely to me that fan reception played the main role in their decision to alter it. Which means I can still blame other players for it. :grin:

2 Likes

Maintenance is done on all platforms:

Source: https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1578010323545726976?cxt=HHwWgIC9reqBnOYrAAAA

1 Like

RFID coin, explosives, Jaeger sniper rifle…

3 Likes

And lo! The balancing Gods of IO Interactive Decreed: No more accidents and wallbangs, Amen.

1 Like

Good to see some update after a while, and it even solved some of the issues I’ve reported. They forgot to mention in patch notes that also Lucky Ducky Suit now gets wet in Chongqing. However, Neon Ninja Suit does not. Also, LDS unfortunately still counts as its own suit.
Edit: Also one more thing that got fixed and was not mentioned is using correct model of Short Bartoli 12G on Ambrose Island. Unfortunately, approns are still glitchy.

4 Likes

Thanks for crash IOI when i choise Balanced. And in additional for this i choice Intel XeSS when i don’t have what can connection with Intel & after that game get crash !

1 Like

Jesus, DLSS 3 + FSR 2.1 + XESS all seem to be here in game files (not 100% sure about V3, they added a bunch of new files related to DLSS3 components). Good job. I think this is the first game to have the 3 latest super sampling techs from Intel, AMD and Nvidia.

Looking forward Digital Foundry’s review about that :smiley:

Thank you for following the game IO. Great stuff.

2 Likes

I confirm, I tried few minutes ago, I though I was missing something or I was doing bad, but unfortunaly…

Really a shame.

Well that’s not true, I use explosives all the time :smiley: I love the concept of doing SA with explosives, guards going crazy about hearing explosions everywhere but being unable to find any victims. But the molotov has become strictly inferior to the explosive balls now, unless someone can design a HCCE contract with it where you have to avoid getting other people into its radius?

1 Like