Hitman 3 - 3.130 - October 6th Patch Notes

Good patch, unfortunately does not resolve some bugs still present from H2, like this one ( also it happens with other devices )

3 Likes

I have a comparison literally being rendered as I type.

It’s not anything fancy, no narration or side-by-sides, and no sexy english accent, but it’s just one clip after another with Mendoza’s OST in the background.

I can’t do Intel XeSS, and I can confirm there’s no point using it unless you have the hardware for it, otherwise it’s actively detrimental to use, according to my tests.

EDIT: @Hardware It’s finished rendering.

1 Like

Very massive patch. Lots of great stuff.

Walk and Run
Currently, you hold a button to run/jog and this new setting allows that to be a single toggle.

Yes!! Finally! Been asking for a run toggle for a while!

The Suitcase Summoner
We’ve resolved an issue where Agent 47 could perform some briefcase magic and make it appear in his hand at a chosen time, if he performed certain actions at the start of a mission. We’ve ironed that out – and “this is a bug and not a feature”, so we don’t have any plans to release a teleporting briefcase (at this time).

Yay!

Molotov Accidents
Their time is up. We’ve changed how kills with the Molotov cocktail from Ambrose Island are classified and they’re no longer considered an Accident Kill. Whilst other fire kills in the game are classified as accidents, it was considered to be a little far-fetched that a molotov would be the same.

Aw, man, I… never actually tried out the molotov and havent reached Lvl20 in Ambrose. So I’ll never be able to see its accident potential in action.
I was fine with its accident opportunities since it seemed to have enough going against it for it to be “balanced”.
Was hoping for just a fix on “shoot it with a sieker for a free Fire kill”, but this is big.

<Making changes/tweaks to a suspicious lamp/light>
We’ve contained a suspected Altered Item in Ambrose Island that was displaying unusual behaviour, described by [REDACTED] as “dancing or shaking”. The FBC has been notified.

IOI (and Travis) has good taste.

Hide In Bush.gif
We’ve resolved an issue where a guard in Dartmoor would try and do his best Homer impression and blend into the wall behind him.

Now THIS is some good patch notes! :laughing:

during the Gluttony Gobble (Deluxe Escalation).

Okay, they renamed some ETs that had a few naming issues between briefings and challenges. Hopefully they can fix “The Gluttony Gobble”'s naming errors too. The Escalation menu still notes it as “Gobbling”, despite everything else saying otherwise.

New Mendoza Exit (For Real This Time)
We’ve added a (proper) new exit to the Mendoza location, both for the campaign mission and Contracts Mode. The new exit is located near the default starting location and utilises the car Agent 47 arrives in

(The troll with the previous “New Mendoza Exit” too lmao)

This was MASSIVE!! Fantastic job IOI!
I can’t say much of this might affect me since I hadn’t encountered many of those bugs before, but I’m glad for whoever didencounter them!
Plus they added and changed a few trespassing areas and finally a new Mendoza exit wooooo!!

Now to check out that roadmap! In video form again yippee!!

11 Likes

It felt inconsistent, for you.

The Explosive Device / Explosion Accident was very balanced, as this whole game aims to be, and I feel like, personally, it was incredibley comsistent

2 Likes

Great freaking patch!

Now the question: Is the Molotov too unbalanced??

Same question, different perspective, ey?

Top Five:

• Bangkok breadbasket, freaking finally.
  • Mendoza exit
  • Haven glass house
  • save/load fix on cannons is pretty good
  • Control reference.

Surprised we didn’t get a fix to my man in Chongqing going HEY LISTEN but maybe the devs can REMEDY this in the future.

Banana time baby!

4 Likes

Let’s say that this is ture, even so, I think it’s more likely that what changed their mind about the Molotov was seeing how it was used by players post-release, more so than parsing through endless fan discussions. That seems most likely to me. My point still stands in this case: It was not opinions of a specific part of the fandom that changed their mind.

Using it as an accident kill, as it was designed to do, is what convinced them after the fact that it’s not believable? I think, if your point is correct, it’s most likely due to what I told Drib in the follow up post. You saw that one? If you’re right, it’s probably for that reason.

So the secret of mysterious “Hey listen” is revealed.
And the explanation for it was given earlier.
Now the case is fully solved :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That could be the case, yes. Maybe they did change their minds just before the release. I don’t know, still I think IO are looking more at player behavior than player opinion in such matters.

And yes, to me it seems entirely plausible that they released the Molotov without noticing that the edges of its explosion caused accidents (due to a built-in fire mechanic). IO are just not that thorough with their releases - especially the post-launch content.

Which sniper rifle was this?

The one that’s already on the map.

Plausible, but unlikely.

This bug :

Tremaine doesn’t really shoot at you. 47’s death is a script, activated by Tremaine spotting you, and triggered when the sniper is shot.
So if you took the sniper after he spotted you, the player gained control of a “press x to die” trigger.

8 Likes

while it certainly will depend on your hardware, i don’t think you need to specific hardware to see benefits. I’ve just went ahead and did some tests on my Steam Deck, and XeSS seems to result in similar performance to FSR 2.1 while having noticeably better image quality.

Mendoza Car exit is my favorite !!!
Never gonna use Yates car again.I ll always take the stylish Bond like driving car !!!

I much appreciate too , that they take time to provide more accessibility options!!!
I already changed the “Item Placement” to toggle.I like how tapping once L1+R1 , keeps the item in placing mode while 47 walks!!!

Bangkok Bread Puke was one of the most frustrating ones , and I am glad they fixed that.

Finally,I am cool with Molotov no more Accident at all.I really despised those “runs” that used this as an upper floor burnig through the ceiling.

P.S.Now I can hope that in the the next patch we get my most wanted accessibilty option.Please IOI give us (me only maybe ? :stuck_out_tongue: ) a CAMERA shortcut button !!! Let’s say HOLD “up” button for example and 47 gets ready to capture.No more searching among items.Just smile and click :smiley:
You know what.Leave the Camera Item as it is.Let’s get a FUll PHOTO MODE with more depth,more filters,more poses for 47!!! I have to ask for this again now that they are giving us the Most Wanted Banana :stuck_out_tongue: One Agent can only hope !!!

6 Likes

Ah, shit.
It was one of those convenient, time-saving and harmless bugs.
But I agree that the every bug should be squashed.
Still a shame

2 Likes

FSR 2.1 ran significantly better on my setup than XeSS; the latter couldn’t even break 40fps consistently.

It does look better at all quality settings though. Your Mileage will vary.

EDIT: Tested on my Linux Partition, and XeSS runs even worse. It’s definitely for specific hardware. The AA is far superior to the in-game AA though.

PCGamer also tested it in SOTTR, and they got similar issues to me.

Eh, a man can dream :frowning:

1 Like

This one’s good in some parts but other parts feel a bit speedrun/concenience hostile. Particularly the friskless NY guard and Dartmoor drop.
On the other hand, one of these issues are mine!!! The Mendoza bug where doing the tango in a contract when Yates/Vidal are dead but not the contract targets was reported by me somewhere. The Bangkok emetic fixes, new Mendoza exit and many more of these issues are really helpful too so thanks IOI :smiley:

You know, I was so scared they removed the ability to use precision aim with the trigger, but you can use either RT/R2 or LB/LT.

I’m so glad we have the ability to choose.

1 Like