Hitman 3 - 3.130 - October 6th Patch Notes

I think it was more that it was a fire object and in the code they had certain kills (like fire, electrocution, fall) inherently labeled as accident kills, much akin to how in Hitman 2016 poison wasn’t labeled as a poison kill subcategory it was more labeled as an accident kill (poison).

That’s probably why the explosion effect was added despite it not making sense, because they knew they had to add that otherwise it was just a waking accident machine, and it was a way to combat that concept in the code

1 Like

I can tell you right now that isn’t how the molotov is set up. I can’t say anymore than that for forum rules reasons.

It’s a shame that it happens. Molotov fire accident no more. I hope they rethink that situation about the Molotov Loner.

2 Likes

The most awful decision they made for the patch. Dartmoor sucks 10 times more with this being changed. Even Rangan Tower has an elevator shaft for quick downstairs. :smiling_face_with_tear:
Unless they add an extra exit on the top floor otherwise I don’t really have many reasons visiting there in the future. There are only like 8 NPCs up there? No fancy items, no interesting disguises. Only 3 large and empty rooms.

2 Likes

Ikr. If they would nerf the molotov, it would be enough to eliminate the wallbang and made it illegal with every guard disguises, but in this state Molly is totally useless for SA runs, apart for Kill everyone contracts.

Really a shame, and totally my fault for not unlocking it early and have fun for a while. :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

They should just go all out and add Far Cry style fire physics. Throw a molotov on Ambrose Island and 30 seconds later you have 27 accident kills and one Agent 47 with third degree burns.

Far_Cry_3_Fire_Spreading (3)

And just think of all the fun forum threads!

2 Likes

Fuck.

7 Likes

It all fits together, IO planned it from the start - Canon confirmed!

Gotta say I LOVE the options > Gameplay (etc.) animations that show what stuff does with the trigger/toggle functions! :sunglasses: :+1:

Right now I’ve only changed the placement setting. I might try the focus perk with (whichever) guns later.

If I ever use a controller without analog triggers - that’s when that will come in handy.

4 Likes

Maybe 47 giving falling of a pipe like in @v1deost Dartmoor SASO video

1 Like

Personally, it looks like they’re getting ready to drop support for the game in my eyes. Travis in the Freelancer thread said Year 3 is an unknown at this point, bug fixes galore here (some of which have been around since launch). There are still so many outstanding bugs, even if we don’t get a Year 3 of new content, it would be nice to know they’ll stick around fixing bugs.

4 Likes

@Travis_IOI @Clemens_IOI but this is not only Bangkok specific issue.
It affects probably most of the locations where NPC drink something.
For example street artist from Sapienza also “suffering” from this problem.
I hope all other cases fixed with this as well

3 Likes

A small thing I noticed, that wasn’t mentioned in the patch notes, was that the bombastic and blusterous elusive target arcade trials have updated covers.
New trial promos

6 Likes

The molotov being nerfed into another useless item is disappointing but the new Mendoza exit is great. Of course, nothing can quell my excitement for the banana.

5 Likes

Some H1 ETs had their images replaced, so they’ve just updated them to match. AnthonyFuller has posted them all in the Leak section if you want to see all the new ones.

1 Like

Could you list all the targets with new images, I’d rather steer clear of leaks thanks.

1 Like

As much as I hate to admit it, I think you might be right.

I still have a little hope for SOMETHING to be added for a hypothetical Year 3, even if it’s just Bug Fixes like you said.

I was worried the lack of an indicator for the Run/Walk toggle would be an issue, but they’ve put in a great feature to simplify it and make it easy to understand.

When you’re walking, click the run button to start running. Click it again to walk. Same idea while crouching.

But, the button does nothing when you’re standing still. You can’t start from a run, while immobile. You need to start moving first.
This means the “Run” animation is reset/turned off every time you stop moving. This tweak might be great for stealth areas, since you won’t ever be confused if you’ll take off into a run or not after waiting in one spot.

I also really like the little animations and pictures that show off each and every option and what it does.
Finally, this game takes a great leap forward in accessibility and ease of player use!
Here’s hoping they can figure out some colour-blind options for people who might need it. I feel like that’s kind of the bare minimum of accessibility settings in games nowadays and it’s weird how Hitman hasn’t had it even till now.

3 Likes

Unnoted Patch Change:

Inez Ekwensi’s dress is now officially blue again.

6 Likes

If all we get for the game after Freelancer releases is access to all ETs through Arcade mode, a few new unlocks (ttwg), and the rest is just bug fixes, I’d be satisfied.