HITMAN 3 announcements

what is that :thinking:

edge magazine have a ā€˜hypeā€™ section about games coming out. itā€™s another name for a ā€˜previewā€™. i donā€™t have a copy. just wondering if anyone does.

Weā€™re just helping IO improve their game 'is all.

1 Like

Just like everyone else here, games are already solid. We just ask for more than one requested gameplay feature and more informations about QoL changes (hitman 2 was amazing for that) and legacy maps overhaul examples. And of course contract mode improvements, @Travis_IOI made a topic 2 years ago for that, without any result so far.

QoL = Quality of life. Small changes that improve the usability of a game.

12 Likes

And most of the time thatā€™s exactly the feeling I get from most of the posts. There will be a pretty good discussion about game mechanics going and then someone (not singling anyone out, just providing an example) will say that if the game doesnā€™t have some specific feature, it will suck. The game is already, and will continue to be great with or without that specific feature that a few people seem to harp on.

Contract mode improvement would be genuinely great. I would love to see some better stuff in that mode. Having completed the game a long time ago, contract mode is really the only thing Iā€™m still doing in Hitman 2 while waiting for H3 to come out. Iā€™d like to see what they intend to improve or change about the Elusive Target system as well but my guess is we wonā€™t actually know about either of them until the game is released. Maybe there will be some late-breaking news on them, but maybe not.

6 Likes

I wanted to point that out way before but never did

2 Likes

Honestly I would much rather have the camera than human shielding (which, for the millionth time, IO said blatantly didnā€™t fit with the style of the new games), I see myself getting much more use out of some sort of ersatz photo mode than a human shield.

9 Likes

I am okay with both. I am happy and excited about the camera and to see how it gonna workout :grin:

3 Likes

In the Hitman games, for me at least, if you need to make use of a human shield, you already lost the mission.

2 Likes

new video on game informer exclusive gameplay!!

1 Like
24 Likes

lets talk about it here so we dont spoil anything for some people

7 Likes

Well, thereā€™s something I wonā€™t be watching!! :grin:

4 Likes

Same. Imma mute that thread. Nothing personal guys

4 Likes

Yep, I went in to set the Mute and then get the hell out of Dodge! :grin: My first playthrough will be unsullied, goddamnit! :muscle:

3 Likes

Same, thread muted :muscle: :shield:

3 Likes

I skimmed the first five mins :smirk:

I watched it. Didnā€™t really spoil anything.

5 Likes

For anyone considering not watching this: whilst I respect your decision and self-restraint, you donā€™t see anything not mentioned in that article from a few days ago; far less, actually.

4 Likes

I gave in and watched it.

No spoilers obviously, but hereā€™s a summary of what was shown if you are hesitant to watch

It showed the intro cutscene which basically details where your targets will be like every other mission in the game, and a small bit of gameplay which showed only a small part of the map we already knew about.

Watch it if you want to boost your hype :smiley:

4 Likes