HITMAN 3 announcements

To make a bigger WoA sequel, they need time and new engine. It’s a good thing that H3 will be the last Hitman in a long time. H3 seems the best way to end what they have started in 2016: I think we will have reason to play it for almost 2 years.

6 Likes

Not two years Im afraid, IOI usually needs 2-4 years for a new game, and if they develope a new enigne for 007 and Hitman, it will be around 8 years for the next Hitman.

I don’t say H4 will be released in 2 years. Imo, we have to wait almost 5 years to see it. I say that we will play H3 a lot, for the next years. My expectation is for a long term support for H3 with a lot of “soft content” and, maybe, 1/2 location as DLC in 2022 to revamp the game for the market

4 Likes

That would be a dream. But I dont know, they dont talked about post launch content other than elusives, I fear that we will get as many ETs as Hitman 2, e.g. only a handfull, but this time without all the other DLC content we had with Hitman 2.

2 Likes

All can be, but I think it would be a pretty illogical choose: they now have the resources to develop a new game (007) and support H3 to keep selling the entire trilogy (with all the content, legacy packs etc). H3 is the result of a great investment. It can be very remunerative, if supported

2 Likes

Again, that would be a dream, and for a big budget AAA publisher like Ubisoft, probably the way to go with such a franchise. But we are talking about IOI, and I dont know if they would want that. IOI almost exclusively worked on Hitman in the past 20 years, maybe they want to fully concentrate on 007 to make sure it marks a kickstart into new franchises for them. If there wasnt 007 on the horizon, Id be sure they’d do what you are saying, but with this game on the shedule, Im not sure.

1 Like

Imo you are too pessimistic. Potentially, is time to harvest all what they have sown: with a little team, they can keep selling H3 contents when the major team work on 007. Honestly, all can be, but fully concentrate on 007 and abandon H3 is the most stupid thing they can do, financially speaking: why throw it all away when you can earn money from a solid game/platform? I can’t image a single motivation to do this. IO has proven to know how to move in difficult situations, it is difficult for me to believe that they have not thought about making money in the medium-long term with Hitman 3

4 Likes

At least setable camera angles on console would be nice to create videos like on PC with console commands/edited files… a Photomode could also do this.

1 Like

Actually what about a PALLAS sniper in a future map, could be cool though.

I think that´s entirely possible. They pretty much introduced a basic conversation/interview mechanic in H2, so…

Absolutely adore that game :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Huh. I wonder what he means by this, or what features could have been added to make the online-focused system less standoff-ish.
For now, I guess we’ll never know…

4 Likes

That game is pure love❤️

hoping for some news, monday :drooling_face:

2 Likes

They’re already on vacation to celebrate Christmas and New Year :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So? Game Informer or similar can reveal some scheduled content or something

1 Like

They are not celebrating?

1 Like

Oh my gosh :scream: IO twitted also on 25 December, it’s a kind of magic?!?! I thought people were hibernating for Christmas. Did you ever heard about scheduled post or something?

4 Likes

No

1 Like

I was hoping Santa would give us a new trailer with some game content info for Christmas :pensive:

2 Likes

do you guys think they will take out the “clues” from WC as a mandatory mission requirement? like the tornado shelter in Colorado?

3 Likes