HITMAN 3 announcements

Would be good

4 Likes

I think so, yeah. I mean I think they kept the clues in H2 for so long because that was their “vision” like with Colorado in H1. Now they’ll convert it since it’s not the original version or something.

Do we have any idea about how elusive targets will work? Or if they will even be in the game?

they will be in the game. we dont know how theyll change yet

1 Like

Rather than taking them out completely, I’d prefer it if they just mark them as optional once you’ve completed the mission in full. That way if someone is wanting to do a full playthrough of the story, even though they would already know what the clues contain, the option to gather the clues is still there.

4 Likes

at this point, i think ive accepted that there wont be any new fan-requested mechanics.

no dual ballers or human shield. maybe not even elevators, but the jury’s still out on that.

just a new camera :slight_smile: unless ioi wants to prove me wrong on that

10 Likes

11 Likes

I hope at least we get better AI in this one
Things like reacting to blood must be in the game
I can live with no elevators but this is really a “Must” For HITMAN 3
And what I really would like to see after that James Bond Project is full remake of Hitman Blood Money with maybe even some new levels
Just like what they did in Contrasts while remaking the codename 47 maps
I guess that would be perfect for the franchise until they come up with some new ways for the series future
This way, we can finally have dual ballers, Elevators, Money system and all that cool stuff in a modern gameplay

5 Likes

For those who didn’t see it, the ‘79 quick fire questions’ video had the Game Director list “rain” as a fan requested favourite, apparently it’s at the top of a lot of our lists.

I would also assume the rating names system would be a fan request. And Blackballer; and depending how this camera works a photo mode for consoles sort of (but you can’t even take a picture of yourself, and I’d be surprised if they let you set stuff like depth of field etc)

I’m hoping there’s something more notable that they just haven’t revealed yet, but the game’s out in about 3 weeks and it’s not looking like it :S Although we’ll see what they’re doing with Elusive Targets, people have been wanting that system to change since it started

Game/play-changing fan requests:

• Targets with guns
  • Airport map
  • Working elevators in-game (Would give a reason to bring fibre wire if you can do the bloody money elevator kill again)
  • Expanded/improved contract creation
  • Improved contract system (including subscribe to author, rate contracts)
  • AI react to blood again
  • NPCs need key to open locked doors
  • Hostage taking, etc
21 Likes

What would change if a target had a gun?

I can’t imagine a scenario where if we go after people like Gray or the Constant, we find them with bare hands just hiding behind a bodyguard they know 47 tricks everywhere he goes, so the only believable way would be to make them be armed.

idc about elevators, tbh… the blood reaction would change the whole game, for better and worse.

The improved contract system would be the definitive thing to make Hitman 3 the best Hitman of all time. We REALLY need that and people don’t say it quite as often as they should.

Same thoughts here, especially with aimed targets and blood reaction. That would give at least master difficult another step closer to really hard.

It would allow them to bring back counter/assassins as targets. Could have to kill someone who’s actively hunting you. Imagine that, someone who doesn’t show up on instinct walking through Chongqing, and they’re given a powerful weapon that kills you in two hits; would definitely be a change :woman_shrugging:t5:

And even if they didn’t do that, it makes the “just get the target alone in a room and do whatever” tactic a little harder, because if they get a shot off then guards will come running in, whereas I think right now their scream/lines don’t penetrate through a closed door; and of course you’re actually shit at the game then you’ll have the embarrassment of being killed by your target, that’d be a laugh

4 Likes

I’m really, really hoping they’ve revamped some part of Contracts mode that they’ll either tell us before release, or can somehow work that into a post-release content.
We need less-restrictive kill restrictions (the Melee/Thrown requirements now), some more restrictions from Escalations and maybe a few new ones that can restrict your loadout or starting location.

So, yeah, in terms of fan-requested locations and levels the game is looking really good and checking all those boxes so far (still need an on-the-ground winter level though).
In terms of new features, ehhh. It’s more of the same, but as I’ve said before, I would have preferred just… More. An elevator or two, a money system to let me unlock what I want and makes it so that no content is restricted to one season (avoiding the MK2 debacle), and even a photo mode, but it seems that’s not happening either.

So, again, Hitman 3 is looking good, but I was hoping it would look even greater. Maybe they’ve got some more knock-your-socks-off reveals planned though. We’ll see…

10 Likes

A waste of time and resource. More perfect for IOI to decide the new future for Hitman as soon as possible.

8 Likes

I think that it’s good to honour the past but also to never cling to it. I like an occasional fan service level like Whittleton Creek or Dartmoor, but I prefer when the series tackles new ideas like race tracks and banks.

14 Likes

One day it will happen and it will be glorious.

2 Likes

For those who didn’t see it, the ‘79 quick fire questions’ video had the Game Director list “rain” as a fan requested favourite, apparently it’s at the top of a lot of our lists.

May not be as important as some other features, but I remember that a lot of people wanted bad weather like rain and snow way back when the first game of the trilogy was released. “Give us night missions” and “Give us rain” was as common as “Give us working elevators”. :slight_smile:

• Working elevators in-game (Would give a reason to bring fibre wire if you can do the bloody money elevator kill again)

That actually ruined my immersion. Never felt right to me that every single elevator had a hatch that allowed you to climb on top and strangle people below. I would like to have elevators back, but being able to climb on top of them and strangle people through the convenient hatch should be the exception.

3 Likes

i think it should just require some additional steps like actually opening the hatch instead of it being so by default. or it could be a vent where you can put poison instead of a hatch on every elevator and the latter only on some of them. or both)

6 Likes

Also, that was the cheapest kill ever. Very simple, boring, and kind of overpowered.

…but also pretty damn cool.

there’s pretty simple ways to stop it being overpowered or at least make the player work for it: bodyguard or two, lift attendant, security systems in the lift shaft, require tool to open, etc.

7 Likes