HITMAN 3 announcements

how do you know?

and lack of new features sells the game

i disagree. depending on the implementation, it could change the way you approach lots of things

as of right now it’s indeed “the same as Hitman 2”

2 Likes

but he’s not talking about level design, is he? how do retinal scanners contradict the current gameplay loop? how does more demanding combat ai? and the new hitman is also very much about gadgets

Speaking in general, i want the dark atmosphere of the older hitman games back. Older hitman games used to have a vibe which it is difficult to find in the new ones. (Not that i mean it is not there altogether) i know IOI has attempted to bring it back in hitman 3, all i can wish is i hope they have successfully succeeded in that. Hitman with dark vibes and intense atmosphere suits it. Hitman was best with that kind of an atmosphere tbh. (And no i am not having nostalgia attacks i genuinely think that kind of an atmosphere suits hitman and should be there)

2 Likes

well, they are intentionally making all the kills “justifiable” because all the targets are bad people now, so I doubt it’s coming back

1 Like

i posted about this in (painful) detail elsewhere, but i think each entry tends to have a different atmosphere and i think that’s part of what’s kept it fresh.

in equally painful detail, i also argued that i think blood money has the most interesting (not the ‘best’) mood because there’s a tension between the surface and the hidden rot underneath, which the woa trilogy kind-of-sort-of-not-quite harkens back to.

i’d rather they took cues from that blood money kind of thinking than the edgier entries like contracts and absolution. it seems to me to fit the gameplay better in that repeated play reveals more of the narrative and (potentially) contradicts what we initially think, rather than wearing everything grim directly on its sleeve, if that makes sense?

4 Likes

My guess its in a different company?

i’m wracking my brain trying to think of a target in the series that wasn’t a terrible human being. diana, i guess?

3 Likes

has Diana ever said stuff like “the bane of the middle class” when introducing targets in briefings?

2 Likes

that police guy from contracts, for example. the point is that they weren’t trying to paint it as you being a good guy for killing people

2 Likes

What about Francesca in Sapienza? The only bad thing is her being “clever” enough to follow Carusos steps, she is actually against it. What about Pavati from Colorado, an ex-interpol that was sick of her higher-ups being corrupt? What about Dino Bosco which only reason to get killed is being a dick that costs to much money? What about Nolan Cassidy who just is a bodyguard for hire, basically? There are plenty I think.

1 Like

oh yeah, the french chap. good call.

(still… all cops are bastards and all that :wink:)

i don’t know if 47 has ever been considered ‘good’, even in woa. it’s always felt like a case of the folks he whacks being considerably worse; he’s mostly just doing his job.

1 Like

Oh right. Im bad with names, sorry.

I didnt include people working for providence, because just like Sierra, who just was a racedriver, or the Washingtons, given that they are part in that and have the power to be evil, I think they probably will be.

1 Like

i dunno…

francesca is a corporate stooge working on a virus kill-switch. she’s not remotely innocent. hell, she’s planning to steal caruso’s work.

did you mean penelope graves? she joined a ruthless terrorist organisation (i’m not prepared to debate the nuance of terrorist vs freedom fighter :smile:). she’s explicitly referred to as morally fluid too; the ends justifies the means.

dino is an asshole, yeah. at least 47’s polite :smile: nah, you’re absolutely right.

cassidy is a herald for the evil super-secret chiefs of the world, so he’s hardly innocent either.

she runs a bank. that’s bad enough. :smile:

6 Likes

Klaas Teller.
This is all off-topic though.

3 Likes

Good point! But they still arent as bad as they could be.

1 Like

that’s a good one.

sorry… i’m prone to rambling and going off piste. :smile:

uh, so… this hitman 3 thing looks great, huh?

you’re right. well, i guess the illuminati are the most evil people possible anyway because they have control over everything. another likely reason i feel the way i do is that in the latest trilogy lots of the targets are public personas and it makes them hypocrites which kinda is the worst offender overall. like, being terrorist is bad enough but being a hypocrite at the same time is the most evil thing there is :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Haha, so thats why Bosco had to die

i like to think of it as a class struggle. 47 is the ultimate tool of marxism. guess we know why they dropped the money system :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

engels be like

1 Like