HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread

PS5
Marrakesh

While playing The Gunrunner (either in the Arcade or in the OG ET format), if you trigger a target lockdown and he heads to centre of the underground tunnels - the bodyguard that stands closest to the target will vanish once he holsters his gun after the panic is over instead of walking back to his normal route.

This bug can be seen below at 2m11s in @ZeroGravitas’s run of the ET:

2 Likes

I have, he’s actually holding a baby hippo :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

On the Berlin Egg hunt, in the first level the guard out front requires you to be wearing the bunny mask suit to enter. But in the subsequent levels, where you start in that suit and cannot change it, if you go backwards out of the club area and try to return, the guard will act like you’re not wearing the correct outfit

@Mark_penrose this happened to me on PS console as well (exits disappear after using kill switch)

1 Like

Platform: PS4

Description : Dress with proper disguise (security, or the red cloth from Jeff) on exhibition floor and stay around the staircase, but suddenly turn into Trespassing mode that everyone turns into Enforcer within the Feature Contract “Ludonarrative Dissonance”

Steps to reproduce:
Normal default starting location, take a briefcase and 2 breaching charges, goldballer, and a “Snail Bomb” from 7sins as supply in 47’s suite
Go downstairs and pass through the corridors to grab to sapper axe (shoot the camera, KO the security in changing room and take his disguise, take the door card in the room with washing machines, and change back default suit after gabbing the axe and chasing the same path to go back)
Go to 47’s suite to take the “Snail Bomb” and go upstairs, enter the bathroom where Jeff is and close all doors, throw the bomb and make them feint and throw the axe to Jeff. Hide those bodies in the bathroom, go downstairs to change disguise (security or Jeff’s clothes in 206), and go upstairs again. Stay around the staircase for a while using the ability to see the red target’s movement, suddenly it turns 47 into trespassing mode (not just one time, I’ve restart the mission and using different disguise but end up the same result) when some NPC coming upstairs.

1 Like

I remember that bug, I thought it was because of the Santa suit but it was consistent even with relevant disguises such as cult follower if I recall.

In The Surgeons, Pavel Frydel’s name is misspelled as “Pawel Frydel”. In The Pharmacist, Nila Torvik’s name is misspelled as “Nina Torvik”. These errors apply to both the briefing screen and when playing their respective missions, but in their character bios their names are spelled correctly.

6 Likes

xbox, digital

carpathian mountains

cannot pick up syringe at the end - highlights in eagle vision but no prompt to pick it up

play the mission to the point the constant goes to the mirror

all saves so far, will keep trying

what do you know, I try and try again and as soon as I contacted @Euler13 the prompt appeared - but it was just like the bomb in the safe in Miami in H2

Platform: PC - digital
Description: Raytracing-related problems, bright white flares displayed in Paris. Constant flashes in Santa Fortuna.
Steps to Reproduce:

1. Go to map Paris and choose the attic as the starting location
  2. Walk to the middle of the room
  3. Look around (at the door and the windows)

Frequency: Always

Platform : PC - Epic
Description:No background subtitle
Video : Bug Report #2 - YouTube

Platform: PC (Epic) Digital

Level: All

Description: Mirrors are causing a micro-stutter each time during rendering since the last update on May 24th.

It’s subtle but when a mirror has to be rendered in the scene, frametime is increasing and a stutter appears. It’s not huge but it’s enough to notice it.

I took Dartmoor as an example because the mansion is filled with a lot of mirrors, so this micro-stuttering issue is more noticeable. In the image below, you can see the spikes in the frametime, I created them by turning the camera several times towards the mirror.

I installed the previous version of the game (with january 2022 patch), and no issue at all with the same setup and drivers.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Set the “Mirrors Reflection Quality” setting on LOW or MEDIUM or HIGH
  3. Set Ray Tracing OFF
  4. Load the Dartmoor mission
  5. Go in front of a mirror

Freqency: Always

Nvidia Drivers tested : 516.59 (latest), 516.40, 512.96, 512.95, 512.77, 512.59.

Specs :

Windows 11 Professional (last update)
Intel Core i7 9700K
G.Skill 8 Go (x2) DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

Settings :

With Ray Tracing OFF and Mirrors Reflection Quality set on LOW/MEDIUM/HIGH : Mirrors are causing micro-stutters everytime they are displayed.

With Ray Tracing ON and Mirrors Reflection Quality set on LOW/MEDIUM/HIGH : No micro-stutters when mirrors are displayed (just an overall drop in performance. This is expected, Ray Tracing is resource-intensive).

With Mirrors Reflection Quality set to OFF : No micro-stutters, and obviously mirrors are just using cubemaps fallback reflections.

This stuttering issue was introduced with the latest patch (3.110.1). Since mirrors use Planar Reflections not Ray Traced Reflections even when RT is ON, I suspect that this micro stutter behavior can be avoided with RT OFF. Planars Reflections used by mirrors were always stutter free since Hitman 2016 to my knowledge.

3 Likes

Platform: PS5 (Digital)
Locations: All

Description: At the beginning of a level, the “Saving” icon will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen and remain there for the rest of the mission or until you pause the game or go to the map.

It normally happens about half the time, but the past couple of days it’s been every single time I’ve started a level.

Platform: PS5

Description: While playing the second level of “The Envy Contention” attempting to poison Emma Carlisle while serving wine after poisoning and killing the man who eats the food at the small table (to the left of the serving stand by the entrance to the hallway connecting to the Villa Basement on the third level) will results in a softlock where Carlisle will not approach the counter, and the player can not leave the counter. (Also, Carlisle seeing the corpse of the man seems to be what causes this glitch)

Frequency: Reproduced 5 times during trials.

1 Like

Platform: PC / Digital - Epic

Description: Unable to wear the Ashen Suit on Hitman 1/2 levels

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load any H1/H2 Mission & equip the Ashen Suit
  3. 47 wears the default mission suit instead of the Ashen Suit

Frequency: Always Happens

Platform: PC, digital, version 3.110.1

Description: When spawning on the main road with a briefcase while doing a contract (excluding the main mission), the briefcase spawns floating next to the motorcycle

Steps to reproduce:

1. Enter a contract in Dartmoor and spawn on the main road with a briefcase. The briefcase will be floating next to the motorcycle
  2. When you climb over the wall, the briefcase will appear in 47’s hand
    HITMAN 3 Dartmoor Briefcase Glitch - YouTube

1 Like

Platform: Xbox (at least)

Description: Head of Security can no longer carry any weapons

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load Mendoza
  3. Disguise as Head of Security
  4. Openly carry any weapon

Frequency: Always Happens

Platform: PC
Description: There are two beer bottles where should be one.

On bar nearby waiter starting location are two beer bottles placed on each other. There should be however only one, as can be seen in Season 1.

This probably happened during porting mission to Hitman 2, as this bug was already presented in H2 and has not been fixed yet!

Frequency: Always happens.

3 Likes

There might be other places like that, but one in particular is a bottle that you can poison for Jordan Cross. You could shoot the bottle(s) and one will remain.

This was also an issue (not sure if it’s still like this or not) in Sapienza where there’d be 2x bottles (with poison prompt) in one spot. I was possible to poison one of them, but the intended target might pick up the non-poisoned one.

1 Like

Where is it exactly? It is likely still an issue.