Hitman 3 Graphics vs Hitman 2016

Looked like crap, now looks like liquid crap.

Thatā€™s the most foul simile ever.

1 Like

People complained so much about the file size (despite SSDs being cheap now) that Iā€™m sure IOI thought a ā€œminorā€ graphics downgrade was worth the file size savings. I doubt they go back on that decision unless they see a huge uproar about it, which I doubt they do. Instead Iā€™ve mostly seen praise for the smaller file size.

The LOD though, thatā€™s weird. Even if they reduced it to help console reach 60fps, I see no reason for that to impact PC ultra settings. I mostly notice it with vegetation, and Iā€™m hoping itā€™s a glitch they fix where the setting doesnā€™t apply right to it, but we shall see.

Also I will point out that anisotropic filtering works much better in this game compared to H2, which is a pretty big boon and mostly makes up for the rest for me. Take the bus out of Santa Fortuna for example, and the side of the bus is no longer a blurry mess. Use some super-sampling (I use 1.2) and it looks even better.

4 Likes

Here, thats what I assume after their interviews and past DLC business.

1 Like

I think less fake npcs is actually a good decision, because you canā€™t run in a crowd, itā€™s easier to find paths through the crowd in hitman 3 than it is hitman 1.

1 Like

Oh, the Internet. I hadnā€™t actually been paying enough attention to notice the graphical downgrade, but now that itā€™s been pointed out, Iā€™m mad about it.

5 Likes

Maybe there should be an option to download more of the game in exchange for better graphics.

4 Likes

Hokkaido in Hitman 3 is also missing the lanterns hovering around. A shame as I thought it was a very cool detail in Hitman 2016. Water reflection and firework detail in the distance also looks somewhat tuned down from 2016. Not sure if this is from a lower LOD or if itā€™s details they just took out.

24 Likes

I think they took out the lanterns in Hitman 2.

1 Like

I wonder why? I donā€™t see how that would provide a performance boost or anything

5 Likes

Yeah, this isnā€™t cool. So many little details that bring atmosphere and verisimilitude to the game are gone. Cā€™mon, IO.

10 Likes

Iā€™ll keep looking for more of these to post. In summary I think itā€™s mostly dumbed down physics and level of detail. I hope IOI sees this and applies a fix. Downgrades like these should never happen, especially on pc.
If anybody finds more stuff like this do not hesitate to throw it up on here :slight_smile:

1 Like

When Hitman 2 launched the lanterns were there but looked glitched in DX12. Not sure if they ever fixed it or if they removed them, I didnā€™t play much for a while, but that was the issue. Since H3 is DX12 only maybe they removed them rather than try and fix it? I dunno.

Anyway in theory it looks better with them gone than it did in DX12 in Hitman 2.

1 Like

Lanterns are still present in the game. They fly much higher than in Hitman 2016

6 Likes

It looks like theyā€™re flying in a perfect grid lmao

7 Likes

Lol. Really, I didnā€™t even notice that. Thanks to Ansel for 16 pictures in one

1 Like

f12318bcd5d5a11f57089eae014f26c8d58416fa

1 Like

I didnt even notice lol. I miss how they would rise up from the city though.

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised this hasnā€™t been fixed yet.

5 Likes

why are you surprised? it would need a patch, and thats not coming til the 23rd

13 Likes