HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

Use this spreadsheet here to deduct what outfits you want to find.
“chunk0 47 Base Suits” contains most of 47’s base suits.
Everything else is sorted by their level/chunk

Here is also a list of the .REPO file, so you can tag someone in contract creation, look up their name and cross reference the other sheet.

Example:
REPO Outfits Spreadsheet
Name: Helmut Scholz
CommonName: Edgy_Civilian_Raver_M
OutfitVariationIndex: 2
is
TEMP Outfits Spreadsheet
chunk4 Berlin
TEMP: 0039DBE6F24475B1.TEMP
OUTFIT: OUTFIT_Fox_Civilian_Raver_M_Actor_v2

This cross reference usually isn’t this plain, so when looking on the TEMP Outfits Spreadsheet you should search for generic identifiers like, "chef, “cook”, or “staff”, etc.
Also, sometimes that OutfitVariationIndex number from the REPO just doesn’t line up with TEMP outfit number, in which case, it will require trial and error.
You can also export the .TEMP outfits as .glb files, so you can check their 3d models. I believe .glb files SHOULD open automatically in Windows 10 with “3d Viewer”.

Does anyone know how to change the models in an outfit? I want to remove Marcus Stuyvesant’s glasses.

RPKG Tool - Remove Clothing or Body Part from Outfit TEMP Tutorial:

1. Right click outfit .TEMP and extract
  2. To visually identify 3d models, right click outfit .TEMP and extract .PRIM models to .glb
    (Alternatively you can open another instance of RPKG Tool, Import RPKGs Folder, and search for the .PRIMS there, and use the built in 3d Viewer.)
  3. Open .glbs one by one until you identifty clothing you want to remove.
    (3d Viewer is installed by default in WIndows 10, I believe)
    Make note of the hash.
  4. Using Dafitius’ dependency editor (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/815577522958893096/834050104742772756/DependencyEditor1.3.zip), open TEMP.meta and replace that .PRIM hash with 8 sets of “00” (0000000000000000). Save file, overwriting the .TEMP.meta.
  5. Pack folder with .TEMP and create patch .rpkg.
  6. Test in game. If it works, no further steps are needed.
    If clothing is still there, you will need to continue below since the clothing .PRIM is actually in another .TEMP file.
  7. In RPKG Tool, search for and select the outfit .TEMP again. On the right panel there are a list of files. What you want to be looking at are the .TEMP files. For the most part, they are named accordingly.
    (e.g. head_marcusstuyvesant_s3, torso_neck_lowcut, feet, etc.)
    Sometimes they might not be named something easily identifiable, to which you’ll have to investigate further. (e.g. geomentity01 is actually the wristwatch of 00B7F001F8A55E66.TEMP - OUTFIT_Gecko_Target_MarcusStyvessant_M_Actor_v0)
  8. Copy the hash of the Clothing/Body part .TEMP from the right panel, search for it, then right click and export that .TEMP. (You can also right click and export as .glb if you need to visually identify the 3d model)
  9. Since you want that .TEMP to be unique and not change any other instances the 3d model is used, rename the exported .TEMP and TEMP.meta to a custom hash. (To make things easy on yourself, I would suggest just changing the last two letters/numbers to “AA”)
  10. With the dependency editor, open your Outfit .TEMP.meta that you exported earlier, and replace the hash of the Clothing/Body part .TEMP with your new hash (The one you just changed). Save file, overwriting the .TEMP.meta.
  11. With the dependency editor, open your Clothing/Body Part .TEMP.meta, and replace the hash of the .PRIM with 8 sets of “00” (0000000000000000). Save file, overwriting the .TEMP.meta.
  12. Pack up folder with both .TEMPs and create patch .rpkg.
  13. Test in game. After this step it SHOULD work. GL!
4 Likes

It worked, thank you so much! Is it possible to replace markus stuyvesant’s hat with a hat from another model? I tried importing the depends of the other hat and replacing the .temp, .tblu, and .prim in dependency editor but nothing happened.

1 Like

Lighting Ultimate 1.3 is live, and now supports game update 3.50!
Featuring improvements to Paris, Sapienza, and Colorado.

24 Likes

From what you’re saying it SEEMS like you have the right idea of what needs to be done. Not sure where it went wrong? :thinking:
As with the removal of body parts, it can be as “simple” as swapping the .PRIM address in the dependency editor or it requires additional steps.

For a clothing .PRIM swap:

1. Extract outfit .TEMP
  2. With the dependency editor, open the .TEMP.meta and replace the .PRIM address with a different clothing hash.
  3. If from a different chunk than outfit .TEMP, extract clothing .PRIM and all it’s depends
  4. In extracted depends folder delete destination base and patch folders (e.g. chunk0, chunk0patch1, etc.) and transfer “patch” folders into their base folders. (e.g. chunk1patch1 into chunk1). Overwrite when prompted.
  5. Create patch .rpkg from folder containing outfit .TEMP, .PRIM and all it’s depends.

For a clothing .TEMP swap:

1. Extract outfit .TEMP
  2. Extract outfit .TBLU (Usually the very last depend on the list of depends on the right panel).
  3. With the dependency editor, open outfit .TEMP.meta and replace clothing .TEMP with your desired clothing .TEMP.
  4. With the dependency editor, open outfit .TBLU.meta and replace clothing .TBLU with your desired clothing .TBLU.
  5. If from a different chunk than outfit .TEMP, extract clothing .TEMP and all it’s depends.
  6. In extracted depends folder delete destination base and patch folders (e.g. chunk0, chunk0patch1, etc.) and transfer “patch” folders into their base folders (e.g. chunk1patch1 into chunk1). Overwrite when prompted.
  7. Create patch .rpkg from folder containing outfit .TEMP and .TBLU, and clothing .TEMP and all its depends.

Note: It is not guaranteed that your swapped out clothing part will share the same color properties as it looks on the outfit you originally saw it. These properties are usually modified by the outfit .TEMP script. What you see will be the default settings.

2 Likes

Can’t you just skip the extract as glb part just by searching the hashes in rpkg, and using the built in viewer?

Technically you could, so you have to open two Versions of rpkg Tool for that and make sense of the Model in the small Window.

You can also edit bodyparts by removing entities from m_aBodyParts in the TEMP file but that involves using ResourceTool then.

Or by setting editoronly to true in the tblu

I want to leave this here in this thread in case somebody forgets or didn’t know in the first place the codenames and chunks of every location (IIRC, although feel free to correct me if I am wrong):
H1:
chunk27-Paris, codename: paris/peacock
chunk26-Sapienza, codename: coastaltown/octopus
chunk25-Marrakesh, codename: marrakesh/spider
chunk24-Bangkok, codename: bangkok/tiger
chunk23-Colorado, codename: colorado_2/bull
chunk22-Hokkaido, codename: hokkaido/SnowCrane

H2:
chunk20-Hawke’s Bay, codename: sheep
chunk19-Miami, codename: miami/flamingo
(AST, codename: miami/cottonmouth)
chunk18-Colombia, codename: colombia/hippo
(EoTS, codename: colombia/anaconda)
chunk17-Mumbai, codename: mumbai/mongoose
(IoG, codename: mumbai/kingcobra)
chunk16-WC, codename: northamerica/skunk
(ABP, codename: northamerica/gartersnake)
chunk15-IoS, codename: theark/magpie
chunk14-Himmelstein, codename: hawk
chunk13-Singapore, codename: salty/seagull
chunk12-New York, codename: greedy/raccoon
chunk11-Siberia, codename: caged/falcon
chunk10-Haven, codename: opulent/stingray

H3:
chunk0-Dubai, codename: golden/gecko
chunk3-Dartmoor, codename: ancestral/bulldog
(Dartmoor Garden Show, codename: ancestral/SmoothSnake)
chunk4-Berlin, codename: edgy/fox
chunk6-Chongqing (hmm, odd), codename: wet/rat
chunk5-Mendoza, codename: elegant/llama
chunk7-Romania, codename: trapped/wolverine

1 Like

Whatever floats your boat. They both have the same outcome.
One requires simply exporting and opening one by one.
The other requires browsing away from the current .TEMP (Copy/paste depends in Notepad so you have hashes readily available) or opening another instance of RPKG Tool and searching there.

RPKG Tool v2.16.3

• Updated ResourceLib:
    • Changelog:
      • Update ResourceLib for HITMAN 3 3.50.0.0.
      • Add Hitman 2016 support to CodeGenLib and the CodeGen tool.
      • Add a new ResourceLib variant that supports Hitman 2016 (ResourceLib_HM2016).
      • Add Hitman 2016 support to ResourceTool.
      • Improve error output of ResourceLib / ResourceTool when resource generation fails.
  • Note: H2016 brick editing is not currently supported but the ResourceLib DLL is included in the download. This DLL can be safely deleted.
  • Updated enums to match ResourceLib (for brick editor).
  • LOCR/RTLV support for the latest H3 update.
    • Note: DLGE will currently show the incorrect language identifiers but this doesn’t affect functionality.
  • Made details, hex viewer & JSON viewer read only.
  • Fixed a bug where the image viewer can crash the GUI.
  • Fixed a bug where certain LOCR would crash the program (Inconsistent IOI).
  • Added a -licenses command to RPKG CLI.
3 Likes

The adjectives here are the location, the nouns are their primary mission - there’s also Ancestral/SmoothSnake for Garden Show.

1 Like

Thanks for reminding me! SmoothSnake can now be found on the list.

There’s also miami/cottonmouth and northamerica/gartersnake (skunk is northamerica/skunk), both of which are Atlantide. There’s mumbai/kingcobra which is Illusions of Grandeur. Embrace of the Serpent is colombia/anaconda.

If you want the main story mission codenames for H1 they’re Peacock, Octopus, Spider, Tiger, Bull and SnowCrane.

1 Like

Help me please. I want to replace audio voices in the game. I was able to Pull the files out of there. And so I think … How can I add files there with replacement? You can give some advice on this situation.

1 Like

where can i find packagedefinition for mods version 3.50?
and everytime hitman 3 updated where can i find this file ? :thinking:

The packagedefinition.txt file itself, prepatched, is in the HITMAN3/Runtime folder.
You can either patch that file here:
https://www.notex.app/tools/online/xtea
Or download one that is already patched here:
https://www.notex.app/xtea/prepatched

1 Like