HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

I have a question!

Is it possible to let 47 play the guitar in Ambrose Island? Like a Blend In spot or some sort?

@Kevin_Rudd I still can’t use the TOD Mod. When I want to apply it with the simple mod framework, it says “Error in deployment”. So I looked at deploy.exe like you said and here is what it says:

The German part under Error says something like: “The command ““Third-Party\OREStool.exe”” is either misspelled or could not be found.”

Do you know what the problem is, why I can’t use it?

I don’t think there’s an existing blend in/setpiece for it but if you reuse the stuffs from the NPC playing guitar it shouldn’t be too hard I think

1 Like

The return …

Lighting Ultimate 2.1 - the Ambrose Island update.

Enjoy a cleaner, sharper playing experience in Ambrose Island with Vanila+.

Also featuring a new, experimental Time of Day pack.
Beginning with “Dawn” for Sapienza, available in World of Tomorrow.

By EXTREMELY popular demand …

The Classic+ Pack enters preview.

After hearing a significant amount of community feedback pertaining to the Classic Pack, I am proud to introduce Classic+. Offering the same beautiful, clean and crisp lighting from the Classic Pack, now with added vibrancy and contrast for a more dramatic picture.

Initial preview currently available in World of Tomorrow! With additional feedback, more levels will roll out in the future. With additional feedback, more levels will roll out in the future.

Notable fixes/improvements:

Massive deploy time improvements.
gotta-go-fast

LU 2.1 has been almost completely rewritten to significantly improve performance during deploy times. While performance varies heavily based on hardware, there is a general improvement to about 30-60 seconds instead of 10-13 minutes to deploy all levels. This may introduce certain new issues however, so always report things if you see anything.

No more floating bushes in Dartmoor.

The refactor of LU 2.1 has restored the laws of gravity and physics at Thornbridge Manor, and now the bushes surrounding the manor will no longer be floating in random and strange places.

No longer speechless.

47 is now able to properly engage with dialogue interactions, whether it be face-to-face with certain NPCs or telephone calls. This was fixed in a separate manner through SMF directly. However this refactor would have also fixed the same issue, just by a different approach entirely.

The full list of new features/bug fixes is available on the Nexus mods page here:

I normally would never do this, but times have been enormously difficult and painful lately, especially from a personal and financial standpoint. I have enjoyed giving back to the community for a game series which I have grown to appreciate so dearly over the course of the last 5 years.

Out of principle, Lighting Ultimate, as with the rest of my mods, is free and will ALWAYS be free. Donations are never required.

However, donations are particularly appreciated during this time. If you have enjoyed Lighting Ultimate or any of my other mods, PayPal and Ko-fi are excellent ways to show support, especially now.

Thank you all for your patience, and happy playing everyone!

24 Likes

As someone who never got to play H2016 with the pre-GOTY skyboxes, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

8 Likes

ToD Mod 1.6.1 - Ambrose Tweaks

So it turns out Sapienza 2016 lighting isn’t the be all and end all of beauty, and in many ways it looks like flat-profile, dirt tinged crap.

So I’ve tweaked the postfilter to have Miami’s settings, now it’s purely about making it a pretty tropical destination. Too close to Haven? That’s not for me to say :thinking:

Before

After

This replaces the 2016 lighting version, so if you actually preferred what was there before… well you’re in the minority apparently

While I was at it I’ve included @2kpr’s rain variation but added the sounds of Chongqing rain to the map so it’s less jarring to play in. In future we might look at giving outfits wet logic, but only if we can figure out an automated method of doing it, because me manually linking up 5 entities in each of about 50 outfit variations is not ideal.

22 Likes

That looks so much better, I want that :face_holding_back_tears:

4 Likes

There’s seems to be an issue (deployment error) with 1.6.1. There’s no problem with 1.6 though.

I’m not a modder but I’ll take a wild guess that name change from “Time of Day Changes” to “Time of Day Mod” created some routing discrepancy.

1 Like

I had the issue but changing the lines with “tochunk” to “toChunk” in the manifest.json fixed it

Also while I’m here talking about the mod, the shadows are very dark in a good amount of areas, and interiors are having the same issue being almost completely dark

I still don’t know why it’s not working for me at all :pleading_face:

Have you tried downloading the latest version manually and replacing every files?
You can also try deleting the cache folder, or disabling your antivirus

1 Like

Since some people wanted to use GW for exfiltration in Mendoza, this mod is for them. It should be an option in actual game - just change it Tactical Wetsuit to Wetsuit.

4 Likes

Thank you! I actually dont know what that means :see_no_evil: I downloaded the latest version yesterday and installed it with the Simple Mod Framework (via import framework zip). And I can see the mod, and choose the levels, but when I try to apply it it says “error in deployment” :woman_shrugging:

Well, maybe your antivirus is blocking the process (Windows Defender or else),
since your installation is new the cache shouldn’t be an issue, and so are potentially missing files, so I’m not sure… @Atampy26

2 Likes

Based on what happened to me yesterday: SMF V1.5.7 will have problems in deployment + deletes chunk 28. @Mini consider updating the framework in case you haven’t.

1 Like

@Hichkas @Luiluix The Framework is the newest version and I disabled mit Antivirus Program, but it is still not working. Other mods I tried work totally fine :neutral_face:

This is what it says, wenn I look at the deploy.exe, but I have no idea what it means… :see_no_evil:

The Randomizer Mod has been updated to support 3.120.0 and Ambrose Island.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with it. I did manage to produce a crash on Ambrose Island but only once, so it was probably some standard “this item definitely doesn’t go here” issue.

1 Like

Deployment error of ToD Mod 1.6.1 should now be fixed

Maybe not for Mini tho, dunno what their issue is :thinking:

If you got the 1.6.1 update automatically from SMF then you will have to manually download fixed version here

1 Like

Hi people, I can’t find the “More Blood” mod on the Nexus site…
Anyone have the file?

since the last update of this mod
this Japanese Guard line not working :frowning: