HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

Both of those things are stupidly easy. Turning things full auto and vice versa is swapping a single bool to true/false, and just about anyone can do it. Changing the crosshair style is also a single value, if you want to change the accuracy to match, that’s maybe 3 values. If you want to also change the recoil, it’ll be a bit more.
But I’ll tell you this:
I highly doubt anyone but you is interested in doing those things, so I don’t think anyone is going to make it for you. Much less likely even since you keep constantly begging for others to do it.
You’re better off figuring out how to make the mod yourself than to constantly keep asking for someone else to do it for you, as it annoys everyone equally.

1 Like

Just looking at that image it might say: 19 January 1968. I’m not certain about the date, but my birthday is in January so i can pick out that word no matter how blurry it is.

2 Likes

Thank you, I thought about January, too.
I guess the date is more likely to be 1963, since Grey is older than 47 it would make sense that he was created a year earlier. But I’m not sure about the day. Damn, why is it so blurried :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

1963 makes sense. If we go by 47 and Grey’s height difference as kids in the flashback cutscenes, a year apart seems about right. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Agree :relaxed: And he’s subject 6, while 47 is subject 47 and it seems likely that Ort-Meyer named his subjects in the row they were created. So Grey is kind of an early clone and it makes sense than, that he’s a bit older than 47 :relaxed:

2 Likes

First, I do apologize if I’ve irritated anyone. I’m not the sharpest tech guy. However, you do make it sound fairly easy to do if you do know what you’re doing. Hence, I’m about to take your advice and see if it would be possible for me to make a mod like this.

I’ve already done about everything as far as unlocks in game (maybe GOTY DLC excepted), and I’m considering just going into just playing on offline mode (unless said mod is compatible with online mode). I’d like to know how/where to get started, though, as far as advice and tricks of the trade.

If you’re editing an existing weapon that you have unlocked online. Yes, the mod can work online depending on what exactly you’re doing. Anything with editing weapons should be fine though you just need an extra command.

You can get started by looking into existing mods on Nexus and asking questions in the modding discord server (I believe a link is in the OP, but it’s also on https://notex.app). While you’re on that site you can also pick up a copy of RPKG Tool. It’s also good to familiarise yourself with Simple Mod Framework. There aren’t many tutorials on modding Hitman 3, you kind of have to probe everyone’s collective knowledge and ask well structured questions. I cannot stress that questions point enough.

There are also many tools, not just one… for now.

I’m not sure if this is something that I just want to do for myself, or maybe make into an actual mod available to others. Given that no one wants to seriously look in to making it, I’d have to assume that the “market” is pretty lean for what I’d like to do.

Mostly, I’d just like to edit the weapons for damage range and crosshair, since I already use WeMod for cheats for casual gaming. I’ll probably visit the Discord group tomorrow and ask for ways/means to get started. Hopefully it’ll be a simple as it’s been suggested.

Custom Mission Pack 1.6 - Sniper Assassin: Hawke’s Bay

Sniper Assassin: Hawke-aido has been replaced with Sniper Assassin: Hawke’s Bay, a brand new, more proper sniper mission on Hawke’s Bay (and only Hawke’s Bay)

Differences:

• New angle and sniper nest, have better view
  • Fully functional Sniper Assassin UI (albeit with the odd little bug)
  • Some NPC paths have been tweaked, others deleted
  • You can pick your own loadout, so you can pick your own outfit but will need to own a briefcase in order to bring a sniper. Luckily this mod unlocks the official Sniper Assassin rifles so you’ll have something good to choose from
  • Difficulties are used to choose time of day. Casual = Midday, Professional = Sunset, Master = Night
  • Difficulties also change the availability of easier kills and body hides
  • You must now reach 90000 sniper points to complete the mission, remember you can only kill 12 militia members. This is meant to be a proper challenge, so you actually spend time playing it and don’t just three minutes on it going “Nice. Easy. Well I’ll never touch that again”

Bugs:

• It will show only one target to be killed on start, but once you kill them it will turn into 11. To make a total of 12… even though it only shows 11.
  • If your first kill is a multi-kill then one icon will always still white, as if you haven’t killed them, but don’t worry, that’s just a visual glitch
  • The mission timer (You have 7 minutes) will turn into a streak timer upon your first kill, but then when the streak ends it will not go back to the mission timer and will just say 0:00. This is because I made the sniper scoring system an objective (So that I could set the score requirement), and the sniper UI is unable to handle their being two timers at the same time (mission and streak timer). Nothing I can realistically do about that, soz. Maybe just play with the game’s normal timer on? Or don’t be slow lel
  • H3 made all grass foliage not show up if it’s more than 25m or so away, which as you might expect looks terrible on a sniper map. I couldn’t figure out how to bring it back to H2 standard, but I at least got it so the grass shows up when you zoom in with scope, so that’s an improvement on base H3. This change will affect/improve vanilla Hawke’s Bay as well.

Other updates in this release:

• Fixes Lucas Grey outfit to have a head lel
  • Tweaks unrestricted default Mendoza entrance for… no reason in particular

UPDATE: Peacock plugin is now out and contains all missions

Thank you to Kercyx for French translation and minor playtesting.

12 Likes

Well, my attempt to mod H3 was pretty much a failure. No wonder there’s so few modders for this game.

Im trying to use the most recent Framework version but im always getting stuck in a infinite “staging” proccess, any ideas?

Mendoza Refaced V3 isen’t dead. I just started into modding again today, which I haven’t done pretty much since the Release of Ambrose.

Aside from some Models, I also got some News to share, which is that Mendoza V3 will be my last take at Refaced, which is pretty fitting seing as I started that Journey with Mendoza. That of course does not mean that I won’t be doing any more Model Modding anymore.

Instead I plan to finally move on to NPCs as a whole. Take the Guy below for Example, who appears a total of 9 Times in Mendoza, quite the Number isen’t it? The New Mod Series “Reswapped” (Working Title) will change that via Custom Models I make, aswell as the usage of Unused Models from which there are actually quite alot, if not really in Mendoza.

Anyway, before I go overboard with New Concept, I still aim to finish Mendoza Refaced V3, so here are 2 New Models and a WIP One being finished.

3 Likes

Please tell me you’re using the framework now Mekar. Then you won’t be able to say IOI is targeting your mods specifically (when in reality they were targeting no one).

P.S. If you’re not using it, use it!

P.P.S. Welcome back.

3 Likes

yeah just in case man cause ioi will be watching and just take it away

the best thing is too put it into framework thread

I tried to, but I kinda prefer the Classic Method for now. That being said, my Files for this Mod are as sorted as they were never before, allowing me to easily identify any issues on the uprise.

Probably not want you wanted to hear, but I know my way around this method, while Framework just confused me more, especially when it comes to which Depends need patching for my 2016 Heads in particular.

I will give it another shot for “Reswapped” though, since for this, I will work less with direct Model Editing and more creating Models in Advance to use alongside unused Models.

1 Like

But that’ll break them on every update. (including the upcoming october update) It’s also incompatible with anything that edits them.

What exactly was confusing?

Why’s that? The only thing necessary to do, after every Update, is to re-patch the packagedefenition. Aside from the One Patch that locked me out of being able to mod anything past Dubai, nothing really broke my Mods.

Well, like I said. It was confusing to me what Depends where necessary for the Heads now and which weren’t.

Because their packer automatically updates files. And if you’re shipping binary temp/tblus they’ll be incompatible with any of the game updates or other mods.

Just profilactic:

Would it be possible and if yes, how long would it take to turn the Mod into a Framework Mod?