HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

Screenshots speak for themselves.

Here’s a Whittleton Creek comparison:
Top is vanilla, bottom is modded:

23 Likes

No more bloom in World of Tomorrow

Removes all bloom, lens flares, glare, vignetting, and film grain.
This only affects World of Tomorrow at the moment, I plan on adding all levels at some point.

Marrakesh version:

Removes all color filters, bloom, lens flares, glare, vignetting, and film grain in A Gilded Cage.

TODO:
Add more levels
Fix color correction
Fix autoexposure

25 Likes

Great work. Do you think it is possible to fix the ghosting issue created by the Depth Fog effect ? Since Hitman 2, I can’t get this out of my head lmao.

4 Likes

Is this usable on online mode or is it one of the ones you need to use offline ?

3 Likes

Working online.

4 Likes

This is the best news ever :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Something has gone horribly wrong, I can actually see again, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

3 Likes

And then IOI add a new ray tracing lighting system with even more bloom which breaks the work done by @musicalmushr00m :rofl:

Joking aside, I’m looking forward to this patch to know what it will change.

2 Likes

Better Bloom Mod: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjFN-25CWYjjgSWuRLNBOz2NH-g6?e=dTOWm1

Also on Nexus Mods

The Better Bloom Mod turns down all the bloom to more reasonable values in the games’ levels, as well as tweaking other aspects of the sky, such as the suns’ intensity.

The Purpose of this mod is to not disable the bloom (as the game looks a little off without it; it was clearly made with it in mind), but tones it down to more reasonable levels.

This, in general, tones down:

• The overexposure Bloom when you exit buildings (varies by level due to implementations between levels differing)
  • The Berlin light-cubes are now much less distracting
  • Chongqing has less bloom in general
  • HAVEN Island’s storm is now much more grey/blue
  • The Sun is now visible (where applicable).

Things that will be coming to this Mod in the future:

• Overexposure bloom on all doorways and windows will be toned down (only a few levels work, see above)
  • Signs in Chongqing will be made to give off less light
  • Berlins’ gas station will have less red lighting
  • Removal of Lens Flares, Noise, most colour correction and post processing FX.

If you like this mod (and this really did take several hours to make), consider donating me a coffee here , or via Nexusmods donations’ feature.

(If you downloaded this when it was released, I urge you to redownload it, as it fixes a sapienza crash!)

NOTE TO FUTURE PEEPS: As of 10/04/2021, Lighting Ultimate by @musicalmushr00m supersedes this mod, this mod is no longer developed.

19 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

1 Like

You are quite welcome =)

1 Like

How do you install it?

Requires a patched packagedefinitions.txt file (make a backup, drag and drop onto this site, click “generate patch levels”, then download). Download the zip and copy (not cut or move!) the contents into Hitman 3’s “Runtime” folder.

2 Likes

For me Sapienza crashes on start. Other missions I tested (Paris, Isle of Sgail) do work though. This is the only mod I have installed atm.

1 Like

I’ll take a looksie.
EDIT: Can confirm, hold onto your butts for an update.
EDIT2: Updated.

5 Likes

You can’t use QuickMod for lighting mods like these, they patch chunks other than 0.

Added in v1.1 on Nexus :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Does anyone have the play as any npc mod file?

The original file from Jedijosh920 was removed from Nexus.

I’d like to use it for H3.

Daycall - A Lighting Mod for Nightcall

Daycall is a mod that modifies the lighting in Nightcall (Hawke’s Bay story mission) which changes the mission’s setting from night to day. Bloom has also been reduced and vignette has been removed as well.

15 Likes

However just simple copy-paste didn’t work for me at first.
As it turned out I needed to rename one file